Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Star Trek/Star Wars Game?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default Favorite Star Trek/Star Wars Game?

Any of my friends would be able to tell you that I have six main passions in life -- video games, skiing, history, Final Fantasy, Star Trek, and Star Wars. (Maybe I should add those are not in order ). Anytime I get the chance to combine two loves, I take it. As a result, over the years, I've played almost every ST and SW game released, with only a few exceptions.

Anyone who has played any games knows that there have been some really bad games in these two series. You can find some gems, though. What are your personal favorites?

Mine are --

For Star Trek:

Starfleet Command -- all three games are top notch. They not only do a good job of capturing the feel of the table top game on which they are based, but do a great job of simulating combat and have many mission types and ships.

Elite Force 1 and 2 -- Very good FPS's done in the Star Trek world. Good plots, fun game play, all around solid games.

Birth of the Federation -- I've always gotten a lot of game play out of this, probaly cause it's the only strategy game out there for ST. I've always liked it.

Bridge Commander -- No WONDER this game is good -- it was made by Lawrence Holland and Totally Games, the same people responsible for making the X-Wing Triliogy. Great ship combat, good plot, wonderfull graphics.

For Star Wars:

X-Wing and Tie Fighter -- These games were great even in their original disc and DOS based forms! Good feel, hard as hell missions, fun romps. Both made by Totally Games.

X-Wing Alliance -- the last of the triliogy, and probaly the best. Different game, but many fun missions. Nothing quites beats the rush as you zip a A-Wing in and around a Imperial fleet inspecting ships with a dozen TIE's hot on your tail, or the panic as yoru transport hyperjumps by mistake into the middle of a Imperial training area.

Rebel Assault 1 and 2 -- Yes, they are just point and click games mostly, but very fun arcade games still.

Star Wars Triliogy Arcade -- Boy, I WISH Sega had made a home port of this! It's really just a fancy arcade game based on parts of all three movies, but a real blast to play!

I have not yet played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (waiting for the better PC version next month) so that's one game I can't pass judgement on.

I guess I should also state that my bais of being more of a PC gamer is showing, as most of these games above are PC only. But hey, that's why I asked for comments and your own ideas.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I've never played a Star Trek game in my life, so I'll skip straight to Star Wars:

-Jedi Outcast II is pretty fun
    -Jedi Power Battles (DC) is decent
    -Star Wars for the Game Boy is fun, albeit very difficult and a bit boring at parts.

Strawberry (Level 2) mizarkgram's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Give me the age old Atari SW games any day. I still can sit there for hours playing those old ass games....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default My Favorite Star Wars games, oh yeah and that other Sci Fi

For Star Wars hands down would be Tie Fighter......most people would probably agree that this is in the top ten for Lucasarts finest. Even though I am not a huge PC fan, I have to admit that it is that good. I love the Rogue Squadron Series(I cant wait for Rebel Strike), sign me up for those. KOTR is awsome for the Xbox, and gets the feel of the Star Wars universe right. As for platform games, I gotta go with the Star Wars Trilogy on the super Nes. Solid, but not perfect.

As for Star Trek, I believe it or not, have not played many of their games, but the atari 2600 game rocks. Excellent control, graphics, and most of all, the Star Trek music!!!
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Knights of the Old republic gave me back my faith in console RPGs.

WAY better written than the new Star Wars movies.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oddly enough, I liked X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (plus Balance of Power mission pack) better than either of it's predecessors, although I admit that Tie Fighter (with its expansion packs) was truly epic in scope. In the end I liked that XvT just played faster and harder than Tie Fighter. This was even though my computer was too slow at the time to play against humans. So I unfortunately missed out on that aspect of XvT, which was really the whole point. Oh well...

As for X-Wing Alliance, well, I've been saving that one "for later" for about three years, now. One day...
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

My favorite Star Trek game is STILL the original Sega arcade game Strategic Operations Simulator. I love everything about that game. The vector graphics, the sound effects (including the sampled Star Trek cast voices), the action. I can play that any day, any time.

My favorite Star Wars game is Star Wars Arcade (not the original game, not the one that came out later in the early 90's, but the latest one) which I haven't seen a home port for but that's OK. The coin-op with its gigantic display and cockpit controller are way cool. I haven't seen this one around in awhile though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Favourite Star Trek games:

Star Trek: Starfleet Command (PC) - A dream come true for me, and I still play it heaps. I need to get my hands on the sequels though.

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (SNES) - The first Trek game I ever played, and one of my favourites too. So damned addictive! And excellent musical renditions.

Favourite Star Wars games:

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64/PC) - I don't care what anyone says, I found this to be a rollickingly good action packed Star Wars fest with heaps of playability. I really should get around to buying this...

Star Wars: Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II (GCN) - Still blows me away to this day. The first, in my opinion, to sweep you away in the fantastic Star Wars universe. The music, the graphics, the locations. Top notch stuff from Factor 5 - can't wait for the next instalment!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me, nothing beats the original Star Wars vector arcade game... my holy grail is that cockpit cab.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcaster
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64/PC) - I don't care what anyone says, I found this to be a rollickingly good action packed Star Wars fest with heaps of playability. I really should get around to buying this...
    Ditto. Came out at the right time, on the right system. Just damn damn fun, I could play through it over and over.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Stringfellow78

I really enjoyed Deep Space Nine The fallen and starfleet acadamy on the PC. For Star Wars I like the old Atari arcade games and Rouge Squadron.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For it's time Dark Forces for PC was one of the best games I've ever played.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

for star trek I gotta go with the SNES starfleet academy. The 32X one was also really good, but I played the SNES one first.

For star wars I really enjoyed Rogue Leader. Flying around and blowin stuff up with Vader's TIE is just oodles of fun.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Star Trek 25th Anniversary Pinball: God I loved that game. It was one of the few pinball games where I actually knew how to complete the various quests. I was really good at it, too. I once played for over an hour on one quarter.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    I once played for over an hour on one quarter.
    Did you eventually put that quarter into the machine afterwards?
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    My favorite Star Trek game is STILL the original Sega arcade game Strategic Operations Simulator. I love everything about that game. The vector graphics, the sound effects (including the sampled Star Trek cast voices), the action. I can play that any day, any time.
    Me too, absolutely.

My fave SW game is still the original Atari vector coin-op. The Atari vector Empire game is a very close second, gotta love blasting those droids on the first level.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...E&game_id=7708

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Star Wars vector game has always been my favorite... I've never heard or seen this Empire game before!!!! Oh my GOD! Dude that rocks, must have that too... goddammit, how could have missed that all these years?!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Out of curiosity, has anyone played the Star Trek Voyager arcade game?

The movie theatre next door to my apartment has it, but I didn't play it last time I was there (I had just seen Terminator 3, and thusly felt too sick to play it )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved Tie Fighter Collectors Edition to pieces. I was getting really far and had almost all of the tattoos when I got my new computer. Unfortunately, it won't work because of XP, but its a price I had to pay.

Other than that, I loved Rogue Squadron 1 & 2. Finally a *good* Star Wars shooter on console that was semi-revolutionary in several aspects. The third in the series rather bothers me though. I've liked the series based on the fact that they are flight sim only games. This new one looks rather SOTE-ey to me, and I didn't much care for that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

My fave SW game? Perhaps the original one, 1983, with the vector graphics.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp