Hey y'all!

My friend got a Pioneer Laseractive off ebay, but it doesn't appear to be working. If you've got any ideas, it'd be greatly appreciated. Anyway, here's his description of the problem:

"Well anyways, after it arrived in the mail, I immediately hooked it up and tested it out. After a few hours though, I think something must have shorted out. The machine doesn't fully come on when I turn the power on. Only the eject buttons light up and sometimes the cd/ld tray will pop out. But the menu will not come up on screen and I can't get anything else to work. The seller hasn't responded to my emails, so I've given up on that. After this sad turn of events, I have left it sitting in the box it came in, but since my college is out for fall break all this week, I have decided to spend the week trying to get this thing fixed. I have already checked a local repair place and they told me to try Best Buy. I dunno, but I'll call them up anyway. I'm afraid of how much I'm going to have to pay for this, but I'm extremely willing to get it working again. Wish me luck everybody!"

If you want to help, but need more specific info, just tell me, and I'll try to get it from him.