Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Re: Various GAME prototypes for SALE

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    I HAVE BIG LIST! I HAVE INSANE AMOUNT OF WHAT YOU CALL PROTOS! EMAIL ME FOR THIS LIST! DO NOT WASTE MY TIME! NO, YOU CANNOT HAVE MY EMAIL YOU PEON! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY, YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME RIGHT NOW! GET OUT OF THE PRESENCE OF MY BIG, THROBBING LIST!
    I hope you understand that this kind of response HINDERS people from selling here. Next time try giving a person the benefit of the doubt. There's a way to point out an error or omission without having to be a dick about it.

FWIW, I know Jason personally and have for many years. His collection of prototypes is unrivalled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I too have known Jason for some time.

He does have a very nice collection indeed. However, whenever he posts these sales he comes on a little stong. I think its an attempt to shake off the people who have no intention of buying but I think he does scare away potential buyers who do not know his as well.

If you are serious about buying a prototype and that means paying around "market value" for one then by all means give the guy an email. You will find he is much friendlier one on one.

If you just want to find out if so and so prototype is different so you can make a note on your website and have no intention of buying. Then do NOT pretend to be interested in buying it just to get the info.

If you want unreleased undumped NES protos for $5.00. Then please don't waste his time. You would think this would all be common sence but Jason does deal with alot of NES items and thus gets called upon by the dreaded NES collectors.

Adam

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    I too have known Jason for some time.

He does have a very nice collection indeed. However, whenever he posts these sales he comes on a little stong. I think its an attempt to shake off the people who have no intention of buying but I think he does scare away potential buyers who do not know his as well.
    This was pretty much my point. I would potentially be interested in buying at market value such an item. I would not, however, be interested in buying something from someone whose first selling pitch contains "don't waste my time", as if his time is so much more important than my own that my inquiries are potentially irrelevant. It reminds me of the fat pawnbroker who bitches at you when you make him get off his stool to show you an item and then don't buy it.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Strawberry (Level 2) bobdrywalls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

are you interested in a trade?
    "If I'm not back in ten minutes...Call the police!"

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

chadtower, I have had people emailing me and get this, actually convincing me they want to buy things, but only after I get the items out, take pictures for them so they can have it archived do I find out their real intentions. People use me sometimes so they can find out what some of this stuff looks like, and promise they will get it if I dig it out, but they do not have the cash to back it up.

You can make these asinine assumptions about me, that is fine, but as for a pawn shop guy that gets ticked? I have had my time wasted many times, and I am a good person to deal with one on one. You assume too much reading into my statement, and all modesty aside, if you were really interested in buying stuff, you would know and do some research on my reputation for having things that are IMPOSSIBLE to find, and may be your only chance to get. My prices are market value, yes...but my stuff is authentic, and it took me hell to get these items....so take that for what it is worht when I have people just checkign to see what I own instead.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BUMP

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks to everyone who has bought and traded with me so far! I have more goodies still, so email me at jwilson@lfp.com if you have not already!