Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone ever play Rygar for NES?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I like rygar in it's day and i do prefer it more then to the arcade version.

Heck i played it alot back then that i could 1cc it as well.

Of corse now not so much afther i got it again for the famicom.

Still rygar for the nes is another example on how to make,it more of a experince on a console compare to the arcade version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga View Post
    Anyhoo, Rygar rules, and I should give it another playthrough. In the meantime, guess I'll go do the obligatory plug for the article I wrote about it: http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/rygar/rygar.htm

... hmm... isn't there a remake for The Legendary Adventure slated to be released for the PSP? I should modify that if and when it's released.
    The remake of the rygar ps2 is slated for the wii not psp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i remember being about 8 yrs old trying to beat this game and it was hard as heck back then. Now I can speed run it after about 18 years later. I just beat the heck out of it about 4 months ago and it's a lot easier than I remember.

The game is so full of bugs and you can exploit the hell out of em. Nothing like FLYING!! I recommend this site that all the speed runners use for Rygar: http://www.tasvideos.org/RygarTricks.html

and you can see a kick ass speedrun here: http://tasvideos.org/Movies-NES.html

there are 2 videos or ways to beat it... you can glitch beat it in about 6-10 mins or you can just do a straight run which takes me about 30 mins.

here is a quick list of my favorite glitches:
    --Sit in air
    right Whenever you are about to fall off something you can duck and thus sit in air. For better, cooler and easier view of this you can attach your grappling hook to anything you can climb down on, then climb up and immideatly press down. Rygar will sit in the air.

--Air walk
    When the "Sit in air" trick is applied rapidly in succession, the "Air walk" trick is performed.

Whenever you walk off a cliff or ledge you can duck, right before you start to fall. This resets Rygar's gravity and thus makes the game think you stand on solid ground. Now you can walk another few pixels. Duck and repeat to walk in the air.

--Flying
    This trick allows you to "fly" downards slowly. Whenever you are about to fall off of a cliff or ledge you can hit the B-button rapidly to make Rygar hit with his weapon. Due to the rapidness he will cancel any hit but still move slowly forward. Normally he stops but this allows him to move simultaniously. If done when you start to fall you will slowly decrease and eventually fall through any floor and end up at the top of the screen.
    In the free/libre software
    movement, we develop
    software that respects users'
    freedom, so we can and you can
    escape from software that
    doesn't --Richard Stallman