Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Random Game O' the Day: Cadash

The DP Random Game and Monkey Generator (tm) has chosen Cadash, the Taito Arcade-turned home game for the TurboGrafx-16. The game was also released on cartridge for the Genesis so we'll talk about both, k?

Is it an RPG? Is it an action game? There seems to be a story in here somewhere, and arcade games that let you enter your name and constantly refer to it is tantamount to silly words so this game gets high marks from us

What did you think of the game? Write your mini-review here.

Cadash (Turbografx-16, by Working Designs) $15/R3
    Developed by Taito. Based on the 1989 Taito coin-op. Role-Playing/Side View Real-Time. EASTER EGGS: a) Special Items: Amulet of dragon: Jump from rope into the rock on right and walk through rock located in continent four! Amulet gives you 65,535 gold. On ledge to top left of rope, there's a green dragon. b) Secret Rooms: Secret opening is a shortcut thought the fire rope area in continent four, which will take you safely through this section. Once you're through the fire rope area and have fallen from the cliff, walk through the wall on the right to find a life bell. In final castle, look for invisible vines and platforms. These will lead to such useful items as the life bell and elixir. One such place is the chamber to the right of the princess, another is on the lower levels of the castle. Every character can reach the vine, but the angle of jump will be different. c) Continues: At the title screen after game is over, press & hold I+II+D on thumb pad, then press RUN. This allows you to continue 3 times from beginning of the last stage you were on. PERIODICALS: Good resource information for this game located at http://www.shininglair.com/ca/ca.html. #TWG040501

TG-16 version:

Genesis version:

Pac-Man (Level 10) Ascending Wordsmith's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had Cadash for the Turbo-Grafx and it was the game I bought a Turbo Tap for. It was pretty fun to play, especially with another player. The graphics were nice and colorful, and the gameplay was good too. My only regret was getting rid of it.
    Never use a long word where a short one will do.

--George Orwell

(formerly PC Kwaj)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got Cadash for Turbo-16. I consider it an action game more than an RPG. It was pretty good, which great graphics and a lot of fun to play.
    Not all who launder are washed.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Genesis version of this game turned out rather crummy. I was bitterly disappointed... after the excellent translation of Sagaia, surely Taito could have given us something better than this!

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good Thing I got this game for free from one of my good friends that I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

I love this game. I think I'd like to make the Black Pudding an avatar in the future.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The TG16 version was the only good console version, and it's STILL a joke compared to the arcade one. I beat it into the ground with the priest, and had a blast. Well worth picking up if you can't get the Cadash PCB. And I'd classify it as an action game too...it's a lot like D&D: Tower of Doom, which is also counted as an action game.

Finally, if you can get it for $15....JUMP ON IT! It's not all that cheap these days.....
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't like this game; it seems like an insult directed towards all the great classic dungeon crawlers out there like the AD&D games. Granted Taito did very well with what was available, but I still don't like the game at all. For adventure and RPG I'll stick with a classic text or graphical RPG, for action I highly prefer Dracula X SNES over this.

I also think the black pudding is one of the most graphically underachieving bosses ever. Obviously the Genesis is getting a slight workout from moving all those different segments around the place, but couldn't they have selected something more fitting, ala Contra Hard Corps? Oh, of course not. Taito's artists sucked, that's why.