Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Default Dezamon 2, anyone?

I've been thinking about picking this one up, but I've been unable to find any info about it other than it requires an entire memory card to save. For those who don't know, this was a JPN Saturn "bulid your own shmup" disc. I'd really like to read a review or something, but I can't find any.

Anyone own this or know anything about it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

I've heard a few things about the Dezaemon series. There was one for Super Famicom, one for Saturn, and a 3D one for Nintendo 64. Maybe more that I don't know of.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Right, one of the SuperFami shmups was made with this as a tester and someone liked it enough to make a cart out of it. I didn't know about the N64 version though! Cool!

I probably won't be able to pick this one up after all, but I'm still interested in it. Since it takes a memory card (required) I was thinking I'd either have to put in a language switch or maybe use my memory card plus since that defets the terroirty lock out (he says after spending extra money on an ST key, d'oh!) I don't think the 4 in 1 will work because it doen't give direct access to the memory card part.

Anyone got any other info on this, I've been looking for ages and haven't found squat!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Deza

Hi! i own a few of the Deza games, but honestly havn't given them much use. Here is what I know:

Deza games:
    Dezaemon (Famicom) ...never seen it
    Dezaemon (Super Fami) 3 "example" games. Save to cart.
    Dezaemon 2 (saturn) yeah, you need an empty backup cart to save your newly designed games. Also 3 sample games.
    Dezaemon 3d-(N64) make "2.5D" games. 3 samples.
    Dezaemon Plus(PSX) 3 samples, save to memory card
    Dezaemon Kids (PSX) this is a compilation of winnersin a contest using the 1st PSX Deza. Includes 100(!!!) full playable games, all designed with Deza Plus. Some are really good.

As for the other SNES/SFami game that was originally a Deza game, I believe (not sure though) that it was also a contest winner, similar situation to the games on Deza Kids. BTW, I think (again, not sure) that the SNES/SFami game in question is Imperium.

-deadtech

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Great! Thanks for the info! I know you said you haven't used them much, but have you tried to make a game with any of them? Just wondering how hard it will be for someone who is AHDH and only has one year of Japanese to get into this.