Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Default A nice little 'find within a find'

About a year ago I bought an Atari 2600 with several games from a friend. Today I finally got the urge to try to hook it up and when I lifted it out of the case it came with I found some NES toploader instructions! I know it's not a miraculous find by any means, but it may make nice tradebait on down the road. Anyone else ever find something more than what they thought they paid for?

Also, if anyone has any interest in the instructions let me know!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh, as minor as that it, it is cool nonetheless, I've had many of these in my day since I often buy huge lots of junk at the swap if it's cheap and check it out later, I once Bought a ton of snes and nes games with marker all over them for like 20 bux, when I was digging through the box I found a toploader :-)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually buy piles of SMS games at the local flea, and usually find that there are 2 instructions of each game. Not that great, but it makes me happy.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a boxed Carmen Sandiego for the NES, and when I opened it up, not only was there the game and encyclopedia (which I expected), but there were also several NES manuals!! Nothing spectacular, but it was a nice surprise. I didn't have any of the manuals, either!
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was looking at an ebay sellers auctions. he had a couple nes lots up for auction. each was 8-10 games. and the 2 i decided to bid on....included a power pad, and a 4 score. and all the games had instructions and sleeves and really great carts. so i'm digging through the box(sweet packaging as well).....and i'm pulling things out of the styrofoam mess. and i get everything i paid for out of the box. and i may be the only person who does it but i always swish around in the rest just to make sure i didn't miss anything.(usually a flyer when you buy corporate) but i always do it nonetheless. and i pull carmen sandiego out, in the box with a small instruction manual perhaps. complete with the exception of the encyl. and everywhere i looked inthe auctions it never said it was included. and it wasn't in any of the other auctions. not that great of a find(or a find really) but i was happy nonetheless.....i mean, maybe he just threw it in with my stuff since i bought 2 auctions of nes games from him? kind of off key......but i liked it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Picked up a boxed Pokemon Red for £2.50 (they still regularly make £10 on eBay), opened it up and found the cart was in a Super Gameboy, with both wedged into the Gameboy box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Picked up a boxed Pokemon Red for £2.50 (they still regularly make £10 on eBay), opened it up and found the cart was in a Super Gameboy, with both wedged into the Gameboy box. :-P
    Hah, oh man that would be awesome :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fellow PAL Dreamcast gamers will be familiar with our double sized DC game cases.

When I bought Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense, in the rear section (where the instruction manual is kept) - I also found a Tech Romancer disc sitting there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcaster
    Fellow PAL Dreamcast gamers will be familiar with our double sized DC game cases.

When I bought Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense, in the rear section (where the instruction manual is kept) - I also found a Tech Romancer disc sitting there.
    Ooh, that reminds me - I've found a couple of extra MegaCD games in the spare bit in the double-CD cases - Slam City 32X (disc 1 of 4) and Mickey Mania.
    Oh, and a couple of Saturn demo discs bundled in with Mario Andretti Racing.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a few months ago I found some boxed Microvision games at a thrift. as is common practice at the thrifts I frequent the games were bundled and wrapped with a load of packing tape. the bundle of 3 games was only $2 bucks so I bought them without actually knowing what was in the boxes (I didn't want to wreck the boxes by cutting or peeling the tape). when I got them home I carefully removed the tape with Bestine and found that not only were the games complete with manuals but there were a couple extra games tucked in as well. so basically I got two more than I thought I was getting, needed em both too!

I usually check in the boxes, I once thought I'd found a boxed VIC-20 and it turned out to be packed with old Barry Manilow albums. ick. while that one would have pleased my wife I'd have been seriously perturbed.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a Saturn off EBay for $100.00.
    It had a ton of good games. Like Panzer Dragoon 1 ,2 . Mystaria, Albert Odyssey, Astal, Dark Savior, Legend of Oasis, etc.
    Anyway went it came in several of the game cases had more that one game in them and one was Guardian Heroes, and another was Dragon Force. Cd only but I was Ecstatic !!!!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, I usually find the games aren't anywhere as good as described/pictured. I NEVER get anything extra!

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

I won an auction on Yahoo! for a Genny 2 with games, and for about 20 bucks I got the G2 and a handful of games, most of which were common, but then I pulled out a loose copy of Wardner and looked it up, R7 worth $35.