Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman
Correct pronunciation for

Herzog Zwei: it's german, so it would be "Hairtz-og Zv-eye"
To be more specific, the 'z's should be pronounced as 'ts'; and "Zwei" is one word, one syllable 'tsvai' ('ai' pronounced like the word "eye").

Ico: In japan, it would be pronounced "EE-co". Here, I suppose you could decide for yourself, as, in English, the word would be pronounced "EYE-co".
Ikari: EE-car-EE (at least in any Asian dialect). The word certainly seems. to be of Asian origin. If it were a US word, it would most likely be pronounced as "ICK-AR-EE".
You beat me to it... Given that these are Japanese games, the 'I's should be pronounced 'ee'. Japanese is romanized more in tune with the phonetic alphabet than the English alphabet, so their 'ee' sound is transcribed as the 'i' letter.

Mine of Minos: I pronounce it "MEE-NOSE", but I'd say that's a matter of personal preference.
Yeah, I assume the creators pronounced it as 'mainos' (again, 'ai' as "eye") to have the same vowel as "Mines" (can't remember the term -- with consonants it's alliteration), but I think "Minos" is Greek or Latin and should probably be pronounced 'minos' (again, 'i' as 'ee' sound) more properly.

note: I speak marginally fluent german, and a little Japanese. Three years of the former, one of the latter under my belt. You know, just as some "credentials" for where this info is coming from.
Heh... I had two years of Japanese in college, and am in my second year of German now. Plus I took a linguistics course, where I learned about the phonetic alphabet and other nifty things, like the fact that 'ai' is a diphthong pronounced "eye". :-)