Thread: And are you from this lost planet....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default And are you from this lost planet....?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11321

Retail value of $79.95? The game launched at $40!

Also note the shipping and handling charges!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can tell that she is trying to make some moola off of shipping.
    Thats a pretty good try saying that it retailed for $80 when no other PS2 game has retailed for higher than $50.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

One of my faves: Gouging the shipping. Reported him, hopefully E-bay will do something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't help myself....

Quote Originally Posted by Ask seller a question form
    Hi,

I just wanted to point out a couple of typo on this auction. You said the game retails for $79.95 and it launched for only $49.95. It currently has a retail value of $19.95.

Also, I think you mistyped shipping and handling costs on all of your auctions. According to USPS, it only costs $4.30 to send a DVD priority mail, and you accidentally typed $16.95.

You might want to fix that because excessive shipping and handling is against eBay's policies, and I would hate to see someone get banned over a simple mistake.

Good luck with your auctions!
    This pisses me off., I just reported him too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They actually replied!

Hi, this is Judy

Most of our 2 Million Customers do not believe the postage alone is $16.75 to ship a game. And we sell over 100 Games per week May I explain our shipping cost structure to you? Our brand name "Factory New" merchandise comes directly from the manufactures that we have shipping and processing contracts with on Single Item Shipping (SIS). Single item purchases and shipping is expensive to produce at the manufacture's level. They charges us on average about $16.75 per order for shipping and processing. But, that is minor on Factory New Brand Name Merchandise that retails in the street stores for $100 to $500.

Thus, our Business Model is to seek to get our Customers Brand Name, Factory New Merchandise at "Factory Cost". To achieve that, The Manufactures requires an actually small Shipping and Processing Fee on "Single Item Shipping", which they call (SIS) orders. Otherwise, you would have to purchase in bulk to get these kinds of prices for these items. See, if we puchase the Video Games Wholesale, they will cost us about $30 each. Then we would have to open the bids at $30. But if we have the Distributors Ship and Process the orders, they agreed to charge us $14.75 to $16.75 per "Single Item Shipping". We have the same agreement with all our Manufactures. That is why we can offer you Factory New Merchandise at such low prices.

On PC Software, PC Games, XBOX, Game Boy, Cube Games and PlayStation. We are charged $14.75 to $16.75 for shipping and processing of a "Single Item Shipping" (SIS). Even so, we are able to obtain for our customers the lowest possible price for these popular software and game titles. Where these items retail for $69 to $89 in the retail stores. Otherwise, you would have to purchase these software and games in a bulk purchase to get these kinds of prices. We open the bids on these items at only $4.99 to $9.99, and then post the shipping cost at what the manufactures charges us for a Single Item Shipping (SIS). Thus, we have created a situation whereas our customers can obtain these expensive $69 to $89 factory new popular Games and Software, at a total cost to them for around $20. The lowest possible price. We have manufactures access to over 10,000 PC Games and Software titles. Which we will rotate on the site.

But, all of this is going to change. Starting this week, our shipping cost will be cut by 65%. As you may have read in the listings, we were Drop-Shipping the PC Video Games at a shipping and processing cost to us of $14.75 To $16.75 per order from the Manufactures. Now we will stock our own PC Video Games from the Manufactures and do our own shipping. Now our shipping and handling cost will be ONLY $6.75. Great huh, and the opening bids will also go down.

We are in the process of changing all the listings on the site now. But that will take us about 4 to 5 Days to get them all changed. All new listings will reflect the new $6.75 shipping and handling cost. We have over 10,000 titles in Games and Software that we will rotate on the site. Now you can start yourself a Game and Software Library. I though you would want to know this. Thank you for shopping with us.

Customer Service
    Judy

Visit our ebay Discount PLUSS Store at:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/discountpluss

Thank you for your inquiry
    While I agree that drop shipping from the manufacturer is indeed more expensive, I also know it isn't THAT expensive. I worked at an electronics store where we have drop shipped various pieces of equipment all over the country, upwards to Alaska. Drop shipping a DVD player only cost $30ish.

Last time I checked, there is a slight difference between the size and weights of a DVD and a DVD Player.

Additionally, I would comment on the cost effectiveness of this whole scheme. Drop shipping costs a lot of money and drives away customers. Which is the better thing to do? Sell 2 games and alienate both of your customers? Or sell 4 and make them returning customers?

At least they will be lowering the cost of shipping soon. But still, it doesn't cost $7 to mail a fricking game. The post office gives you FREE BOXES if you ship priority

I also liked the fact how she talked like I was a complete dumbass and I knew jack crap about business and the supply chain.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a business major :/

Notice she didn't say anything about the $80 retail value, but only that it costs $30 to get a new one....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw a bunch of those at my local Wal-Mart the other night, I think they were $20.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate sellers like that. Triyng to get more money on shipping than in the item youre actually buying.....im glad you reported her!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    I saw a bunch of those at my local Wal-Mart the other night, I think they were $20.
    Hell, most EB's and such sell them for 9.99 new...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I'd tally up $16.95 to the cost of doing business and not pass it on to customers that way. Atleast make your opening bid higher and shipping costs lower, that will attract plenty.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't you just love it when people don't take the time to edit their grammar in their form letters?

What color is the sky in her world?

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is nothing MORE ANNOYING than finding a GREAT DEAL on an item and they charge DOUBLE the shipping most people charge.

That is my biggest complaint about ebay...

But, all of this is going to change. Starting this week, our shipping cost will be cut by 65%. As you may have read in the listings, we were Drop-Shipping the PC Video Games at a shipping and processing cost to us of $14.75 To $16.75 per order from the Manufactures. Now we will stock our own PC Video Games from the Manufactures and do our own shipping. Now our shipping and handling cost will be ONLY $6.75. Great huh, and the opening bids will also go down.
    I hate when people are trying to be professional but you can FEEL the sarcasm. You just want to CHOKE them. Or maybe they're not being sarcastic... I'm just too cynical...maybe
    ~"You can't make an omlette without destroying a forest... or something" -Black Mage (From 8-bit Theater)~