Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (Xbox, IGN Review)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (Xbox, IGN Review)

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/457/457994p1.html

Thought maybe a couple of people might be interested in this.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2 badass games, on one disk, at a lower price, with customizable soundtracks, count me in!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starcade
    customizable soundtracks
    No fucking way.

My friend had the PC version of GTA3, and he had all his own tracks on it, it was awesome. Nothing better than driving around killing shit while listening to Bring the Pain by Method Man.

Time to sell the PS2 versions and pick this one up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

That settles it. The customizable soundtracks seals the deal. I don't even own either game on the PS2, but now, I'm holding off on my money until this comes out. I was thinking that the XBOX needs more games that allow you to play your own tunes. My prayers have now been answered. Aw, yeah.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

One of my buddies works at EB. Said it was nuts. He had 3 people trade in their PS2's for an X-box just for this. My reaction?

Why?

It's the same freakin' game people. Yeah, there's a bit more glitter and the soundtrack option is nice, but the targeting system still sucks and there was NOTHING added. How stupid are people? I wish I could be there tomorrow when the idiots bring them back and try and complain that it wasn't a new game.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    One of my buddies works at EB. Said it was nuts. He had 3 people trade in their PS2's for an X-box just for this. My reaction?

Why?

It's the same freakin' game people. Yeah, there's a bit more glitter and the soundtrack option is nice, but the targeting system still sucks and there was NOTHING added. How stupid are people? I wish I could be there tomorrow when the idiots bring them back and try and complain that it wasn't a new game.
    The soundtrack option is REAL nice. If I didn't already have an Xbocks, I'd consider selling my PS2 to get one. Ain't much worth playing on PS2 these days...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Why?

It's along the same lines as why get a DVD version of your favorite movie? Sharper, better sound quality, perhaps in a widescreen mode and maybe it has extras. But it's still the same movie.

To each their own. Hell I played the original games and I'm buying the new ones as I A)like the Type S controller and B)a game like this NEEDS great graphics which this version has.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll buy the XBox double pack , too, when it drops to $30. It has a bit better garphics, some additional minor options, and....I don't have Vice City. The choice between the PS2 double pack and the XBox version is clearcut.

I admit, to trade in game systems just for the double pack goes a bit too far.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the targeted system sucks.........as far as i'm concerned, xbox and ps2 are much the same system. and this seals the deal for me, i really don't need a ps2 anymore. anything i want to play on my playstation can be played on my ps1, and the xbox is a fine piece of hardware when you put it's functionality against the ps2. ya......i know, if you wanted to play on a computer you have a fully functional desktop......i've heard it and i don't care. xbocks( ) Rox!

furthermore, i'm not sure when i'll be buying this but i'm sure i will. Probably the time i leave my house aiming to spend some money and walk past this at the right angle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up my Pre-order today, here goes.

The GTA two pack comes in an eye catching, silver metallic, fold out two pack. This alone may force me to buy another one to keep sealed. The case folds out to reveal the original box art of each game. Pick your feony and let the carnage begin. The first noticeable difference is the absence of horrendous loading times. Gone are the days of making a sandwhich, walking the dog, and brushing your teeth while GTA loads. After the games ludicrous speed booting, behold better cut scenes and sound.

Character's voice's sync during the cut scenes, some even have noticeable changes in facial expressions. The one sound enhancement that has everyone talking is the inclusion of custom soundtracks. Songs can be changed by holding down the radio selection button and left or right on the D-pad. This is definitely a plus, especially when considering GTA 3. Yes, GTA Vice City has some great licensed music, but, what could be more enjoyable than jacking a car, running over little old ladys, and snuffing it in a shoot out with the police while listening to _______? Insert whatever, because that is how it works. One sound enhancement that may be overlooked is the inclusion of In Game Dolby Digital. Hook this bad boy up to a surround sound system and be immersed in Liberty, or Vice, City.

Not to mention the graphics are noticeably enhanced from their Playstaion 2 and PC counter parts. If there is a television sitting around that supports HDTV 480p, by all means, use it. Every detail has become more crips clean, clear, and refined due to the X-box's supperior hardware. Play control is also refined. The X-box controller makes for a nice fit with the GTA series. Everything just feels a bit tighter. Most of the cars in GTA 3 are now controllable. No more spinning out or missing that all important get your ass out of hot water short cut.

X-Box owners should and will pick this up due to (two year old) hype, and, wait alone. PS2 owners be weary. It is the same game, just in a nice new wrapper.

Yeah, I have played a ton of PS2 and X-Box GTA. Happy gaming.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (Xbox, IGN Review)

It's about time someone comes up with a list of "great" 80's music that we can put in the game...

Can't wait to see this title in 480p, either.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

It's along the same lines as why get a DVD version of your favorite movie? Sharper, better sound quality, perhaps in a widescreen mode and maybe it has extras. But it's still the same movie.
    Sort of, but upgrading a VHS to a DVD isn't going to cost you $50.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Sort of, but upgrading a VHS to a DVD isn't going to cost you $50.
    True, but it will still cost you more than what the price of the VHS tape was. Even though it's probably a pittance to most people (like $10 to $20, depending on what's on the DVD) it still costs more. In the case of the GTA pack you get TWO FULL GAMES for the price of one and (in the case of the Xbox version) it's enhanced over the originals. That's a bargain in my book.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM
    In the case of the GTA pack you get TWO FULL GAMES for the price of one and (in the case of the Xbox version) it's enhanced over the originals. That's a bargain in my book.
    Not to mention these are the two best selling console games since the turn of the century.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (Xbox, IGN Review)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Goracke
    It's about time someone comes up with a list of "great" 80's music that we can put in the game...

Can't wait to see this title in 480p, either.
    80s metal is most appropiate for mayhem. Metallica - Master of Puppets, and Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction are good starts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

Quote Originally Posted by buttasuperb
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade
    customizable soundtracks
    No fucking way.

My friend had the PC version of GTA3, and he had all his own tracks on it, it was awesome. Nothing better than driving around killing shit while listening to Bring the Pain by Method Man.
    No Doubt about it. I would throw in the Wutang when I Play it. Or maybe Onyx...2 groups from my neighborhood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Onyx is from Jamaica, Queens. The Wu is from Staten Island. Not the same neighborhood, g.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

....I have no idea whether he actually owned anyone or not, but I NEVER get a chance to use this picture.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Wait wait wait, so the game is only available in the 2-pack right? And the games come on one disc, right?