Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loose Stadium Events on Ebay

Pear (Level 6) Reverend JagDiesel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Loose Stadium Events on Ebay

You can put a man on trial, but you can't make the guilty pay.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This guy hasn't sold anything previously and his feedback isn't good either. Also, is that a pic of his actual cart or not?

Sorry, that I have no picture right now. I will be adding one as soon as I figure out how to use a digital camera. E-mail me with any questions. rome_daddy69@yahoo.com Thank you.
    D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, that's the PAL cart so if anyone here is thinking of bidding, you probably want to wait to see if the pic he puts up is different. There should be a white bar at the bottom of the label with some writing.
    "You're just a poser wanna-be." - RaccoonLad describing yours truly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Is that the game where you need the floor pad to play?

Why is it going for so much? What's the big deal? The pad isn't even included.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW!!!
    What i need: SNES games and a few 32x!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigmig
    Well, that's the PAL cart so if anyone here is thinking of bidding, you probably want to wait to see if the pic he puts up is different. There should be a white bar at the bottom of the label with some writing.
    Good point. I would've never picked up on that.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §

Whats the Big DEAL?? Oh my.... someone needs a DP Guide for Christmas!!

too bad its prob. PAL
    #vbender

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I take it your new to teh hobby. Order a DP guide, FAST! If you get Tips and Tricks joe mentioned it there to. I believe it's the rarest Nes game (NTSC) besides the World CHampionship carts.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600

I take it your new to teh hobby. Order a DP guide, FAST! If you get Tips and Tricks joe mentioned it there to. I believe it's the rarest Nes game (NTSC) besides the World CHampionship carts.
    Very true MarioAllStar. I would say in my humble opinion that the rarest 2 games for NES besides WC90 are Hot Slots and Stadium Events. With Stadium Events in the lead, although i have never seen Hot Slots on ebay...

I wish it wasnt the pal cart though.... stupid gray barish crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight

Very true MarioAllStar. I would say in my humble opinion that the rarest 2 games for NES besides WC90 are Hot Slots and Stadium Events. With Stadium Events in the lead, although i have never seen Hot Slots on ebay...

I think the Panesian titles are allot rarer than Stadium Events. It seems like there is a SI cart up on ebay at least once a week. You can go months without seeing any Panesians there though. All the hype you hear about SI probably makes most people think it's the hardest US NES cart to find (kind of like how Tengen Tetris was a couple years ago).

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa

I think the Panesian titles are allot rarer than Stadium Events. It seems like there is a SI cart up on ebay at least once a week. You can go months without seeing any Panesians there though. All the hype you hear about SI probably makes most people think it's the hardest US NES cart to find (kind of like how Tengen Tetris was a couple years ago).
    Well, no doubt it's the hardest licensed cart to find.
    "You're just a poser wanna-be." - RaccoonLad describing yours truly.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa

I don't know. I have seen 3 or 4 STadium EVents and just as many Panesian games. So im mixed on that. I would consider them equally rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've seen Hot Slots on ebay 3 times in the last year or two, and I've seen Peek-A-Boo poker only once. I've seen Bubble Bath Babes many times (probably over 10). This is not scientific, just my opinion, but I would say that Bubble Bath Babes is the most common of the three by a fair margin. As for the rarest between the other two, I think it's a toss-up.

While we are on the topic of nes rarity, has anyone seen a myriad 6 in 1 (loose or complete) on ebay in the last while? I haven't seen one since June. I think that it is arguably as rare as Stadium Events. In fact, I think I've seen more NTSC Stadium Events on ebay than I have Myriad's in the last 3 years! I passed a complete Myriad up in the fall of 2002 that had a 'buy it now' of $150. I wasn't prepared to spend that much. Low and behold, the auction ended for $255! A complete one hasn't sold for less than $200 since. Damn...
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    I've seen Hot Slots on ebay 3 times in the last year or two, and I've seen Peek-A-Boo poker only once. I've seen Bubble Bath Babes many times (probably over 10). This is not scientific, just my opinion, but I would say that Bubble Bath Babes is the most common of the three by a fair margin. As for the rarest between the other two, I think it's a toss-up.

While we are on the topic of nes rarity, has anyone seen a myriad 6 in 1 (loose or complete) on ebay in the last while? I haven't seen one since June. I think that it is arguably as rare as Stadium Events. In fact, I think I've seen more NTSC Stadium Events on ebay than I have Myriad's in the last 3 years! I passed a complete Myriad up in the fall of 2002 that had a 'buy it now' of $150. I wasn't prepared to spend that much. Low and behold, the auction ended for $255! A complete one hasn't sold for less than $200 since. Damn...
    I have NEVER seen a Hot Slots or Peek-a-boo poker cart, but i did see a peek-a-boo box. (It did kind of look fake though...)

I "technically" didnt see a myriad, but i did see a Caltron. I am not sure what the ending price was, but it wasnt complete. I think it went for over 90, maybe $100. And it was lose to boot.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Well, I know for sure Dr. Morbis was involved, but we just had a thread about this topic. I'll be damned if I could remember what it was called, or how it started.

Just some quick points before going into a tirade about the top 5 or so:

- Logically, the print runs for each panesian should be the same. Why would they not be? I doubt Panesian did consumer research to find out who liked the jubblies of Hot Slots more than PAB Poker. The only other possibility is that Panesian made carts on demand for orders, a possibility evidenced by the fact all opened carts have eproms in them. Which is which? Do the which is more likely test.

Which is more likely: Panesian made a batch run of each cart or they made carts by order on demand?

I'll be honest - I have no clue. Both seem equally likely. If you can give insight to this, go for it. Even a third option would be cool; just stack it up against the previous two in a which is more likely test.

For the time being, I'd just say all three have equal rarity. Remember, eBay is not the absolute judge of rarity!

- Dr. Morbis is right on. It's one of the few titles in the whole library that we have visual proof of rarity. Find me a box/cart that has a number above 900. If you do, congrats, you have the highest number found, and a new total of Myriads. The frequency of them on eBay also shows to their rarity, as Dr M. said.

- The Panesian boxes look fake as hell - they are DEFINITELY white plastic video-tape-like cases with an insert like your old style Genesis game.

- SE is the rarest retail NES cart. Nothing comes close. And the one up is PAL.. if it gets up there in price, I would report it.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A third possibility to explain the greater frequency of Bubble Bath Babes:

(Warning: pure speculation) I think that Panesian may have made/converted only BBB to begin with, and flogged it to non-chain rental/adult stores. After having (what they judged as) a modicum of success, they may have made/converted the other two in hopes of replicating their sales figures. Of course, this is all just out of my head.

As far as a rating in the guide is concerned, I think it's fine to leave the Panesians all as R8's. When you get down to the Uber-rares, the difference in numbers is going to be in the 100's (if that) not thousands, and certainly not enough to warrant a difference in R-rating. However, I do feel that Myriad 6 in 1 is closer to an R9 than it is to the R8 Panesians.

BTW, I emailed the guy about his SE auction asking if it was NTSC or PAL. I pointed out that he was making it out to be the North American version, while the picture is of the PAL version. He replied saying he didn't understand the question, so I replied back that he is going to end up with either a stupid buyer or a very angry one; he better hope for the former
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would not use eproms as a valid test to figure out production runs..

I have a few color dreams carts which I opened for cleaning purposes, and found eproms inside them. All eproms mean is a cheaper production run cost, that's all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by leonk
    I would not use eproms as a valid test to figure out production runs..

I have a few color dreams carts which I opened for cleaning purposes, and found eproms inside them. All eproms mean is a cheaper production run cost, that's all.
    But it does suggest they could not buy the volume of commonplace ROMs to equal the price point given by the cheaper eproms. Maybe not a low production run, but definitely a lower production run.

Based on people I've talked to, those Color Dreams carts were most likely put together by hand.

And Dr. Morbis's third theory is also valid. Since no one knows when they were actually "released" (at the same time or separately), this can completely fit into what we know already.

And the Myriad is a R9. If the Magicard, confirmed at 60-100 in existence, is a R10, than I think a fair judgment would be to say the Myriad, with 900, is a R9.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THIS AUCTION IS A HOAX

You do not have to believe me if you do not want to but I am 99% sure this auction is a pharse!

The other day a guy emailed my roommate, formerly know as pa_nes_ian on this board, wanting to buy Stadium Events for 500$ but the guy wanted some pics and the next day Dennis got him 3 pics. I do not know how to post the pics here but I will try to post the pics on this thread to save people the heartbreak of getting ripped off of about 350$

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if anyone knows how to post pictures in this thread give me your email addy and the pics Dennis took will be emailed to you so they can be posted here[/img]