Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (Xbox) Technical Problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (Xbox) Technical Problem

Christ on crutches!

Why oh why does GTA: VC have to have a horrible bug! The double pack is great, but damn this is just unforgivable!

The Bug:

10 minutes into play on GTA: VC disc, pedestrians stop talking! This just ruins the game imo, and how it could get past bug testing is beyond me. It is obviously wide spread also and an across the board defect as everyone who has the game has been saying the same. It seems like only board trollers have said otherwise. Just go to http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gento...p?board=468550 GTA: Double Pack board and you will see all the complaints.

I emailed support@talonsoft.com and support@take2baltimore.com and I suggest anyone who has bought this game do the same. I'm also gonna call 410-933-9191 on Monday and see what kinda response I get. If anyone gets any news or response please post as I will if I do.

Man what a bummer! Feels like the BTTF DVD problem, only this time it's a game. I sure hope they do some kind of replacement disc, cause i'm pissed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't experienced this one yet, but, a similar problem. My radio stations stopped playing music. The game would make the "stations changing noise" but, alas, no music. Other than that, I have had it freeze up on me once, and slow down on me another time. Still enjoying it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, it's Rockstar. Bugs are just a part of the gameplay.
    neotokeo2001

http://neoclassicgames.blogspot.com/
    Atari 2600 Limited Editions

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to buy the double pack later today. That's really disappointing.

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Email received:

We are trying to determine the cause of the majority of these issues with the GTA Double Pack. Please reply promptly and we will try our best to make sure that your information is annotated.

To help us determine a solution to the problems you´re having, we need to gather information about your XBOX unit. Please reply to this e-mail with complete answers to the following questions:

--Do you have any music files stored on your X Box? If so, approximately how many memory blocks do these audio files occupy?

--Approximately how much hard drive space of your XBox is used to store save game files?

--Do you have an XBox DVD control attachment for your XBox? If so, have you had any success getting the game to work without the DVD controller or any other periperals other than a single standard, Microsoft-licensed controller?

--On the bottom of your XBOX there is a creation date and serial number. Please send these numbers as well as the revision number located in the XBOX boot screen > settings > system information (it´s at the end of the warning). Once you have this information together, simply attach it in an email reply to this message.

Getting this information from you can help us determine the specific problem you´re having. Please respond as soon as convenient, and we will assist you as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!

Craig Crouse
    Tech Support
    Take2 Baltimore
    9AM - 5PM EST, M-F

PLEASE USE REPLY TO IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO THIS EMAIL.
    OTHERWISE YOU MAY BE ASKED TO RESEND PREVIOUS EMAILS.

For 24 hour online technical support please go to our support site: http://www.take2games.com/index.php?p=support

At least I got a reply.

I sent the reply info. Apparently they're ready to deem it an Xbox problem, d'oh.

Hopefully they locate the bug/s though and reissue. *keeps fingers crossed*

Fix it Rockstar!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Early Disc read Error issues with Xbox can involve in game music popping in and out, or stopping altogether. By 'early', I mean prior to full blown D.R.E, symptoms similar to the one you describe can occur.

That is likely why they want the info on your Xbox, it's age, what kind of DVD drive is inside, and so on. The early Thomson drives are not as good as the newer Philips or Samsung drives.

If the game taxes the drive more than other games, that could explain the issue with this game, and not others you own.

I know the GTAIII games tax the hell out of the PS2 drives, loading constantly. A fast car (in game) can reveal drive issues on a PS2 prior to full blown D.R.E. If you haul ass in a fast car, and change direction often and sudden. If the road vanishes and turns to glass or water, and you get severe 'pop in' (buildings materializing right in front of you), you've got early D.R.E issue symptoms in a PS2.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah but 90% of the people i've talked to have this same problem. People with Thompson drives just seem to get alot more DDE's. I have the Samsung.

The game doesn't have any other problems except for that pedestrians voices cutting out in VC. Oh and cars vanish sometimes which is kinda stupid, and obviously a technical error, no doubt.

GTA 3 runs great and i've had no problems with it other than the cars vanishing, but VC is the worst with that audio cutout.

I've only had one DDE since i've owned my Xbox, and that was with Morrowind, and everyone has had at least one DDE with that game, AT LEAST.

I blame Rockstar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am NOT trying to bash anyone's Xbox. Just sharing some stuff I've learned. If you are having issues and have the samsung drive, I too lean towards a buggy release.

Glad I'm waiting.... I shall watch this with interest!
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Part 2:

We have found in some cases that your Time Settings may have been changed. This can cause compatibility issue with some games.

You can check this on the XBox menu´s "settings" screen. Go to "Time" and make sure that the date is set to today´s date. Press the "A" button to save your changes, then the "B" button to return to the settings menu.

Restart your XBox, place one of the GTA game discs in your disc drive, then attempt to play the game.

Hope this helps!

Craig Crouse
    Tech Support
    Take2 Baltimore
    9AM - 5PM EST, M-F

For 24 hour online technical support please go to our support site: http://www.take2games.com/index.php?p=support

I told them this didn't help. Awaiting next reply....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Part 2:

We have found in some cases that your Time Settings may have been changed. This can cause compatibility issue with some games.

You can check this on the XBox menu´s "settings" screen. Go to "Time" and make sure that the date is set to today´s date. Press the "A" button to save your changes, then the "B" button to return to the settings menu.

Restart your XBox, place one of the GTA game discs in your disc drive, then attempt to play the game.

Hope this helps!

Craig Crouse
    Tech Support
    Take2 Baltimore
    9AM - 5PM EST, M-F

I told them this didn't help. Awaiting next reply....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THIS is why being a PAL gamer is sometimes advantageous.

NTSC version games usually have bugs which are always solved by the time the PAL release is made.

Just means that the PAL release will probably be delayed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THIS is why being a PAL gamer is sometimes advantageous.

NTSC version games usually have bugs which are always solved by the time the PAL release is made.

Just means that the PAL release will probably be delayed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Egads, I hope it's not clock related. The way my 20+ systems are set up, only what is being used is plugged in. Unlike ALL of my other systems with built in clocks, the Xbox has no internal battery . As a result, my clock is perpetually wrong. It's a pain in the ass with saves too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Egads, I hope it's not clock related. The way my 20+ systems are set up, only what is being used is plugged in. Unlike ALL of my other systems with built in clocks, the Xbox has no internal battery . As a result, my clock is perpetually wrong. It's a pain in the ass with saves too.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    Part 2:

How in the hell could the time on the Xbox affect whether the game has errors? Does it play on-line? This seems like such a ridiculous "solution"...

Oh wait.. there it is, plain as day on the back of the case.. "*Not to be played before October 31st, 2003 and only between the hours of 10:00am - 2:00pm."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    Part 2:

How in the hell could the time on the Xbox affect whether the game has errors? Does it play on-line? This seems like such a ridiculous "solution"...

Oh wait.. there it is, plain as day on the back of the case.. "*Not to be played before October 31st, 2003 and only between the hours of 10:00am - 2:00pm."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow im not even going to touch that game what a shame tho i never owned ps2 and i always wanted to play myself not at my friends house where we each have a fucking turn and that xbox clock thing is just fucking ridiculous and yeah ive notice way to much bugs in GTA3 and VC i have
    GTA3 for pc and u go in buildings and its all blue...also sometimes trees disappear and shit like that.

AND I HATE THAT MOTHER FUCKING DODO!
    anyways yeah...
    Steel Wraps Your Face, Blood Soaks The Steel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow im not even going to touch that game what a shame tho i never owned ps2 and i always wanted to play myself not at my friends house where we each have a fucking turn and that xbox clock thing is just fucking ridiculous and yeah ive notice way to much bugs in GTA3 and VC i have
    GTA3 for pc and u go in buildings and its all blue...also sometimes trees disappear and shit like that.

AND I HATE THAT MOTHER FUCKING DODO!
    anyways yeah...
    Steel Wraps Your Face, Blood Soaks The Steel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There are several suggestions we can recommend for this problem.

--Disconnect any non-Microsoft controllers or peripherals (such as light guns, steering wheels, control consoles or other non-Microsoft controllers). Also, disconnect the DVD remote sensor if it is plugged in.

--Change your XBox sound settings to
    --Remove any memory cards from your XBox controller before starting the game.

--If you have custom soundtracks saved to your XBox, delete those soundtrack files and re-copy them to your console.

Hope this helps!

Craig Crouse
    Tech Support
    Take2 Baltimore
    9AM - 5PM EST, M-F

Erase all my soundtracks, and recopy them?!!! SAY WHA!!!

I've got tons of soundtracks on my Xbox, and this is gonna take forever, and what insurance do I have that this is gonna work?!!

Man, that's just BS.

I already told them I don't use any 3rd party hardware! Screw you Rockstar!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now I'm starting to feel a little angry too for those people who bought GTA Double Pack for xbox and got the same problem. I hope Rockstar will fix this problem so everyone could play the game.