Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

Default Help me with a title for my new monthly gaming article

Coming this January i'm going to have a new article in www.gamecola.net relating to all aspects of collecting from a young collector's point of view, i just need a title

Here's the article that got the ok from the editor to give you an idea (this is also going to be the premiere article):

This Month’s Topic: Personalized Collections.

When most people think of collecting video games, they think of having the ideal collection as being a complete library of games for a specific system. Doing this normally takes years raiding flea markets, frequenting Ebay, and spending loads of cash to get the Holy Grail for a near complete collection. This seems like a daunting and expensive hobby for most average gamers but it doesn’t have to go that route.

You can create a collection like no other, it needs basic theme amongst every essential piece. The theme can be anything from having all US releases of your favorite series to just collecting odd memorabilia. Just remember it’s all about reflecting your personal gaming interests.

The first step in finding what collection choice is right for you is to look at your gaming habits, tastes, and purchasing habits. Finding a common thread between these categories will aid your collection of choice. For example: if you find yourself spending loads of money on the latest DDR arcade machine, enjoy music games, and love to have a hands on feel with your games, you should think about collecting DDR and other music gaming related software, hardware and various promotional items. I recently have started looking into accumulating the whole Guilty Gear series due to my recent fondness of 2D fighting games and my infatuation with the series itself (I’m not obsessive, I swear!).

The second step is to research. It sounds lame but it works, it can help you fine-tune your goal by knowing what to look for. From my personal experience, www.digitpress.com and www.gamefaqs.com work well for most of this information. If all else fails, try Google or your favorite search engine. Simple ain’t it.

After gathering all of your facts, it is time for the fabled hunt. There’s no specific way to hunt, and depending on what you are looking for, you’ll be searching in various places for the integral parts of your collection. If your collection is aimed toward older games or just in need of some relics of the past, yard sales, flea markets, and thrift stores will be your friends on a good day. Sometimes just rummaging through the used game bin in your local game store is all you need. For everything else you should try gaming conventions and searching online. Ebay and the friendly folks at www.digitpres.com will easily become your savior. As for import items, www.lik-sang.com is your best bet for starters.

For now, start small and see how you like it. Remember that its not just about having the best games, it’s supposed to be an enjoyable experience. All you have to do now is get off your lazy ass do it.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Thinking Big...Starting Small"

or if you are a Macintosh fan,

"Collect Differently"

Good luck with the article, and don't forget to add an "s" to that second DP link.

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

nobody else has a suggestion for the title of my new monthly column?