Thread: Partial Contest, Read on :)

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Partial Contest, Read on :)

OK, I didn't know where to post this frankly, so if you want to move it, that's fine

I've been updating the code on my ebay auctions, and as any web-programmer knows, you can't test code on your own computer for a lot of things. So here's the deal, only open to DP members. It's not a GREAT deal, but hey, you may get lucky and make out pretty well.

For each coding error in my ebay auctions that you find and report to me, I'll give you $2.00 store credit. Yeah, it's not great, but it's all I can offer right now. Find a broken link (that ISN'T corrected in newer listings, or already submitted) or a bad piece of html that is somehow detremental to the listing, and I'll give you $2.00 credit, simple as that. Even something as simple as "in the auction it says $3.00 shipping, but in ebay it says $3.25 shipping"

Yes, I'm the judge and juror, but if you find something I missed, I will have NO problem giving you credit, I'm not out for free help here, and I'll be glad to show you why your submission isn't valid if you'd like (previous submission, already fixed, etc...)
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3592

"If your saves are disappearing after you your game off"

does something like that qualify?

Oh, it's more of a personal thing I suppose, but I do this for my website too. All game titles I put in italics...I don't know why, it just seems to make them stand out more and it treats them like a book or magazine title. It's silly, I know.

Any reason the auction layout/information is different in this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3608

More spelling errors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41046

"orignal" "Additionaly"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It most definitely does qualify $2.00 to Achika, just fixed my turbolister template for this item, this is kinda exactly what I'm looking for, trivial stuff that I've overlooked.

Italics - I try to stay as simple as possible in all of my auctions. It's hard for a collecter/REAL gamer like anyone else on this board, but the average gamer really is pretty, ahem, simplistic. I don't want to confuse them.
    If I had a videogame website/review page (which I'm working on) Then yes, but for most of ebay, trust me, they're simplistic.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Updated with a few more, um, "english" errors. That's all I have time for tonight though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Original and additionally - I'll give you one credit for both since they're so marginal

The layout issue - Updated in newer listings, not to make myself sound pathetic or anything, but that listing has been "re-listed" about 10-30 times now, I haven't used that layout in FOREVER. Part of my overall ummm, well, screw it, nevermind

Achika - $4.00 credit total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3039395829

says 2.75 shipping in text, but ebay says 3.00
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and another thing with the same auction:

You're not totally clear how much shipping for 2 or more items would be, in the text you do say combined shipping which could people make think that it's still 2.75 for 2 items, but at the bottom (the ebay part) it says 1.00 shipping per additional item
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

still same auction:

i might be wrong as i'm not to good in english, but in the "Small Print", shouldn't it be non-refundable instead of non-refunable ??
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3059372149

Nitpick really, but on your peripheral and add-on auctions the fine print refers to GAMES {snip}
    You are bidding on the ONE ACTUAL GAME pictured and listed. All systems and large items are CLEANED AND TESTED BEFORE LISTING!! All GAMES are tested and if they look like they need cleaning, they are cleaned. I have extensive experience and knowledge in video games, check out my feedback!! These games weren't found in an attic with cobwebs and mold on them. They will arrive to you clean and ready to go from The Electric Quarter!{snip}

Not a biggy, but still could confuse, since you made it a point to bold it ,maybe have two templates, one games, one peripherals
    feitctaj !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3059567030

{snip}End Label is Attached and In Tact. All Games are tested and Work.{snip}

In Tact = Intact
    feitctaj !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    still same auction:

i might be wrong as i'm not to good in english, but in the "Small Print", shouldn't it be non-refundable instead of non-refunable ??
    Ugh, that's a store item only indefinitely re-listed, I forgot I even had that listed, heh. I'll give you credit once for the listing as a whole

Re: - Thesmirk - Aware of those ones, they stay like that. Without going into specifics of the HUGE process I have to go through to change little things like that, I'll sum it up with too much trouble for too little change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, lets see how nitpicky I can be. I need controller extensions

1. Just an aesthetic issue really. I notice that you tend to have the text of your auctions centered but the table below is left justified. I think it would look better all one way or the other.

2. Very minor template issue. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20385 as an example. You said "I accept and Prefer Paypal." Prefer should not be capitalized.

3. Run-on sentence. Again it's a template issue and can be seen in the previous auction as well. He says "If game or item is defective, please e-mail me and I will work with you on it, as you can see from my feedback, I stand behind my items, and will offer partial refunds and exchanges on occasion, but NO guarantees on used items." That should be two sentences.

And a few more run ons

"All items sold as-is, if game is defective, I will work with you on it, but shipping is non-refunable."
    "If there is a delay in payment, just e-mail me, if I don't hear from you, I will relist and file non-payment with ebay."
    "International bidders, this will be marked merchandise, I will be very kind on actual value though, E-MAIL ME FIRST for a shipping quote."

4. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4315 Very minor... says "Game boy Advance" instead of "Gameboy Advance"

5. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41015 "Shipping will be $2.75 for the first game. .25¢ for each additional Cable won." You probably meant $0.25.

6. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4303 "Shipping will be $2.25 no matter how many you buy, for 1 or all 5 shipping is fixed at $2.25." There are more than 5 available. Same with http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3592

Thats all for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some more:

1) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=21184
    "Shipping will be $3.00 for the first item. $.50 for each additional set. "

It should probably say $.50 for each additional item. I view an "additional set" as as 2 items.

2)Allows you to hook up your Gamecube, Super Nintendo or N64 to S-video TV's/Devices for better picture and sound!

S-Video cables don't improve sound.

3) A lot of things are capitalized where they shouldn't be:
    "Cables are 6 Feet In Length." --cable is the only thing that should be capitalized

" I also accept Cash, Money order, Bidpay, Cashiers Check, Personal Check" -- Bidpay should only be capped

etc etc This is rather rampant through all of your listings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, all of those typo's are there on purpose (set - set of cables)
    I'm really looking for coding error's more than typo's, Most of the way I spell and word my auctions are for a reason (as pointless as it may seem)