Thread: Share Your Video Game "Launch Day" Stories

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Share Your Video Game "Launch Day" Stories

Release day if you prefer. Ya know, did you take off work and play a new game for 24 hours or something else odd on a game or systems "Launch Day"? I've only got 2 stories...

I remember taking off school when the Dreamcast came out. I got the Dreamcast, VMU, Sonic Adventure, Trick Style & some other game (Soul Calibur maybe? Im not sure)...anyways, Oh man, I spent ALL DAY playing Sonic Adventure. It was a blast

Then there was when I went to 3 Wal-marts trying to find a line that was less than ten people when the Xbox Debuted at midnight. Finally got one that had 2 left (all wal-marts only got 10 each here) and I was there with envious people who had been waiting for 8 hours (I got there at 11:30). I picked up the System, Dead Or Alive 3, Project Gotham Racing and...wait for it....Shrek. Of course Shrek was a huge let down and later traded in. BUt I spent all night playing my box! too bad I didn't know it would suck so bad later on.

Share your stories

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Got a bunch of em for ya right here:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...launch+stories
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

This isn't a true launch day story, but close enough I guess. Everyone remembers the insanity of the PS2's launch, right?

I wasn't able to get my PS2 on launch day, but I got it right after the holidays the year it came out. I had preordered it several months before and was on a huge waiting list. Mine didn't come in until early January. When I got the call one evening that my PS2 was ready to be picked up, I felt like a kid on christmas morning, bubbling over with excitement. I hopped in my car and drove nearly 30 miles to the store where I had reserved it (I lived in the boonies at the time).

When I got to the store, I told the manager that I was there to pick up a PS2 I had reserved. I showed her my receipt and she went to the back to get it. There were a few guys standing at the counter also, talking to another clerk about some other games. Once they saw that blue box of love come out of the back storage area and into my hands, all conversation stopped and all eyes were on me. The manager then asked me if I would like someone to walk me out to my car (this store was in a mall), but I declined and said I would be okay.

So, I sped home and hooked up the PS2. Three of my friends were already waiting for me and we spent the rest of the night playing FIFA 2001. Very fond memories indeed!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Aww geez, I made yet another wonderful topic that has already been done before. Damn my newbieness....guess this ones getting locked too