Thread: idea for ultimate Famicom/NES List

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default idea for ultimate Famicom/NES List

I just joined this board and currently I am only really collecting Famicom games. I have an idea for making an ultimate famicom/nes games list. In order to make the list we need to assume some things.

It would consist of 100 games (big I know but NES plus Famicom is a lot of great games). Both Famicom or NES carts could be included, however we would pick the 'definitive' version. i.e. the ones with better graphics, better storyline (native version), better sound etc. This list would also make no sacrifices for language barrier either. It would be assumed that you can either read both Japanese and English, or can play the games without knowledge. For example Final Fantasy 2, 3 would likely be included. Whenever possible the other countries title would be put in parentheses beside the 'definitive' one listed.

One last thing if versions are essentially the same despite the language...the native language version will be chosen.

Hopefully you like the idea and can post some feedback on the selection process....then maybe we can get a moderator to start a thread about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's already a top NES list and a Top Famicom games list. Sadly, most people don't play a ton of Famicom imports, and most of us are still learning about all sorts of new cool titles all the time! Without a working knowledge of most all of the Famicom games as well as play time on them, such a list is essentially impossible. That's why we have the recommends list for Famicom and the Top 20 list for NES. Great idea, but nearly impossible to execute, and ignoring the language barrier makes it even more difficult.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One place to start is this new DVD (just released I think) called Famicom Top 100... might give you a few ideas. Costs 5800 yen I think.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list