Thread: can't believe all the things i found today...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default can't believe all the things i found today...

i went christmas shopping with my girlfriend today (gifts for our relatives), i didn't even look for games but i scored my biggest find this year!!

after having done the usuall gift stores, we decided to go into a toy-store that is closing and selling everything out, as they stopped selling videogames after the 8-Bit-era, i didn't expect any videogames at all, but suddenly i saw this:

Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2 (SMS) 0.67

woohoo nothing spectacular, but at 0.67 i of course couldn't pass it, after i grabbed it i saw something below it:

Anticipation (NES) 0.67

afaik this is a pretty rare game, i'm not into nes-collecting though, so any info would be great, it's of course the german pal version as i am in germany

they also had some nintendo storage units but those were to expensive, maybe i'm trying to get them the day they close

i was already satisfied now, but the real find was still to come, i went into another store of which i knew they have loads of dc stuff, but ridiculous prices. but, i was proven wrong, they are selling out their whole video game stuff and i bought the following things, everything in perfect shape and sealed, 5.00 per game/item

2x Outtrigger
    Sega Extreme Sports
    2x Vanishing Point
    2x Skies of Arcadia
    Fur Fighters
    Spirit of Speed 1937
    NBA 2K
    5x Evolution 2
    Record of Lodoss War
    Rayman 2
    POD 2
    Power Stone
    Buggy Heat
    2x HEADHUNTER
    2x Deadly Skies
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Alone in the Dark
    Bangai-O
    Sonic Shuffle
    Unreal Tournament
    SHENMUE 2
    Dreamcast Mouse

everyone who is a bit into PAL DC Collecting knows that i've scored very well, i payed 150.00 for all games together, and there is Shenmue 2 in it, 2x Headhunter, 5x Evolution 2 (which usually sells for 10-20), Sonic Adventure 2, Unreal Tournament, 2x Deadly Skies (one of the rarest dc titles), 2x Outtrigger and 2x Skies of Arcadia, those games together have an estimated worth of 300 bucks

the craziest thing is, they have another >200 dc games x_x but as i'm short on money as always, i'll have to wait for the money i make with the games above to buy more, i think i already bought every RPG though, the seller said they started the price drop yesterday and they already sold another Shenmue 2 yesterday i also didn't find the Space Channel 5 though i know they had it two weeks ago
    -Jan

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Not bad, but the price is sure to drop more. Pick up some more Shenmue 2 and eBay em...they do pretty fair!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they don't have any more Shenmue 2, if they would have had more i would have bought them all

i don't think prices are going to drop a lot more, and if i hadn't bought them now, someone else would have done

finding dc games outside of ebay is nearly impossible in germany, and it's also impossible to get dc games under 3.50 on ebay (incl. shipping, that's 1.00 + 2.50 shipping) there are only about 10 dc games you can get for <5, and those are of course all very common, the ones i found are all at least uncommon/semi-rare, some even really rare (german versions of UT, Outtrigger and Deadly Skies come to my mind) and some worth a lot more than i paid (Shenmue >40, Skies of Arcadia >25, Headhunter >20)

i'm thinking about keeping some of them for future selling though as there are some rare ones in the lot that are not known as rare yet and do not fetch as much as they should (Deadly Skies, Sonic Shuffle, AitD, Buggy Heat, Fur Fighters...)
    -Jan

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default sputter...

holy... now THAT'S the deal of the year!!! great buy! (wish i were there, lol- i NEED some of those games!!!)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo storage units huh? I would love those
    Anyway, good find, I need to boost my DC collection....im trading Typing of the dead sealed if anyone wants it PM me.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: can't believe all the things i found today...

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    Anticipation (NES) 0.67

afaik this is a pretty rare game, i'm not into nes-collecting though, so any info would be great, it's of course the german pal version as i am in germany
    In the US it's a pretty common game. It's a little bit like Pictionary, except the computer draws everything. Better with 3 or 4 players than with only 2, but finding other people who want to play the game is sometimes a challenge. I dig the game, but the replay value dwindles rapidly once you've seen most of the pictures.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: can't believe all the things i found today...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics
    Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    Anticipation (NES) 0.67

In the US it's a pretty common game. It's a little bit like Pictionary, except the computer draws everything. Better with 3 or 4 players than with only 2, but finding other people who want to play the game is sometimes a challenge. I dig the game, but the replay value dwindles rapidly once you've seen most of the pictures.
    yeah, i know, the question is, how rare is the pal version, i've only seen the game twice on german ebay (though i don't check nes regularly), both times 50 BIN
    -Jan

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Congrats!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Woo! Nice score!
    I'd take one of those Evo 2's off your hands, but I assume it's the German version, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no, there is no german version of Evo 2, there is just one european version (T-45005D-50)

i would of course also sell it to you, but i HAVE TO SELL it as i'm quite short on money due to christmas, so, sorry, no trading this time

make me an offer if you're interested (excl. shipping pls as i'm not sure what shipping to UK would cost me)

everything that's double on that list is for sale right now, so any offers are welcome, though i can't offer special prices for board members this time, sorry!!
    -Jan

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If only it they werent pal. Nice find though. I would love to find Shenmue 2 for 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    If only it they werent pal. Nice find though. I would love to find Shenmue 2 for 5.
    yeah that shenmue 2 is more than i ever hoped for, now i've got a sealed Shenmue 2 and in fact it cost me nothing, as i will make more money on selling the games than i paid!!

yeah, there are not too many pal exclusives in there, so it's only a good find for europeans though i do think any us-dc-collector would love to find Shenmue 2 and Headhunter for that price
    -Jan