Thread: Anyone buy that Real Arcade Joystick from Gamestop?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone buy that Real Arcade Joystick from Gamestop?

I've had my eye on these for a while and see they've dropped down to $40 now at Gamestop. Are these things any good? I've wanted a big arcade-style joystick for a long time and these look pretty nice. I can't find any testimonials or reviews anywhere though. Also, can anyone tell me if the universal one (for Xbox, GC, and PS2) has any compatibility problems? I think that's the one I'm gonna get since it's more versatile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone buy that Real Arcade Joystick from Gamestop?

I've had my eye on these for a while and see they've dropped down to $40 now at Gamestop. Are these things any good? I've wanted a big arcade-style joystick for a long time and these look pretty nice. I can't find any testimonials or reviews anywhere though. Also, can anyone tell me if the universal one (for Xbox, GC, and PS2) has any compatibility problems? I think that's the one I'm gonna get since it's more versatile.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

None of these joysticks have c-sticks for gamecube. Which makes them only compatible with fighting games, and soul Caliber two I use teh c-stick for.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

None of these joysticks have c-sticks for gamecube. Which makes them only compatible with fighting games, and soul Caliber two I use teh c-stick for.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Real Arcade is decent. Its sadly the best stick released in the US in the past few years. While its no Green Official DC Agetec or Yellow Namco Hori, its good enough for use. What is really good about it is that if you know someone who can do the work (or if you can), you can order better parts from Happ Controls and install them in the base with little to no problems. Its what I'd do if I didn't have that Yellow Namco Hori sitting around.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Real Arcade is decent. Its sadly the best stick released in the US in the past few years. While its no Green Official DC Agetec or Yellow Namco Hori, its good enough for use. What is really good about it is that if you know someone who can do the work (or if you can), you can order better parts from Happ Controls and install them in the base with little to no problems. Its what I'd do if I didn't have that Yellow Namco Hori sitting around.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bard
    The Real Arcade is decent. Its sadly the best stick released in the US in the past few years. ...
    Have you compared it to an X-Arcade?

-PongHit

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bard
    The Real Arcade is decent. Its sadly the best stick released in the US in the past few years. ...
    Have you compared it to an X-Arcade?

-PongHit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    I don't mind the absence of a c-stick. I just want to use the controller for games like arcade comps & shooters, so I don't really need one. I'm just concerned mainly about the action of the joystick & buttons....how it feels and if they "stick" at all. Compatibility between systems is important to me too.

Yeah, I hear the X-Arcade joystick totally rocks but it's WAY out of my price range (isn't it like $100?). The $40 for the Real Arcade stick is perfect for me though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    I don't mind the absence of a c-stick. I just want to use the controller for games like arcade comps & shooters, so I don't really need one. I'm just concerned mainly about the action of the joystick & buttons....how it feels and if they "stick" at all. Compatibility between systems is important to me too.

Yeah, I hear the X-Arcade joystick totally rocks but it's WAY out of my price range (isn't it like $100?). The $40 for the Real Arcade stick is perfect for me though.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there's another multi system arcade stick like the X-arcade that's on ebay all the time. It's not $40 but it's cheaper than $100 and can be made for almost any system. I think they sell adapters. It's made with real arcade sticks and buttons. Someone here will know the name. It's white with multicolored buttons where as the Xarcade is all black.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there's another multi system arcade stick like the X-arcade that's on ebay all the time. It's not $40 but it's cheaper than $100 and can be made for almost any system. I think they sell adapters. It's made with real arcade sticks and buttons. Someone here will know the name. It's white with multicolored buttons where as the Xarcade is all black.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got the Real Arcade for the PS2 . I use a USB adapter and use it on my Computer also.
    It is an excellent stick. Nice and sturdy and good buttons.
    I reccommend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got the Real Arcade for the PS2 . I use a USB adapter and use it on my Computer also.
    It is an excellent stick. Nice and sturdy and good buttons.
    I reccommend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

What, the pelican stick?

I haven't gotten one myself, but from what I've heard from other people, is that its an excellent stick for fighting game fans, a rarity without spending over 100 bucks. The only complaint I've ever heard is that the buttons are weird, but the stick itself is very nice. Basing it on the stick itself, I'd say its better then the X-Arcade, which always felt a bit loose to me. Plus its got enough weight that it won't go sliding around while you use it-also a very good thing.

Keep in mind, though, its only useful for fighting games or shooters, or any other arcade style games. I think the fact its not analog would be a pain in the ass for other genres. I'm going to recommend it especially for the PS2, since well, there's not alot of good sticks for that system, and if you want to play PS1 fighters like SF Collection or Darkstalkers 3, and PS2 ones like Guilty Gear XX and VF4, you'll definitely find that a good stick gives you levels of control that a pad can't.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

What, the pelican stick?

I haven't gotten one myself, but from what I've heard from other people, is that its an excellent stick for fighting game fans, a rarity without spending over 100 bucks. The only complaint I've ever heard is that the buttons are weird, but the stick itself is very nice. Basing it on the stick itself, I'd say its better then the X-Arcade, which always felt a bit loose to me. Plus its got enough weight that it won't go sliding around while you use it-also a very good thing.

Keep in mind, though, its only useful for fighting games or shooters, or any other arcade style games. I think the fact its not analog would be a pain in the ass for other genres. I'm going to recommend it especially for the PS2, since well, there's not alot of good sticks for that system, and if you want to play PS1 fighters like SF Collection or Darkstalkers 3, and PS2 ones like Guilty Gear XX and VF4, you'll definitely find that a good stick gives you levels of control that a pad can't.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

i dont know which one your talking about, the big one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

i dont know which one your talking about, the big one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts