Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Gaming Goals For 2004?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any Gaming Goals For 2004?

Do you have any gaming goals for 2004? Any specific games you hope to find? Any totals you want to reach for a specific system? For me, I've never been a big collector...the system I have the most games for is the SNES and I still have less than 200 for that one...so that's one thing I want to do, reach 200 for that system. I need about 30 to do that. The trick will be to find that many games that I actually want to play. I'm about 20 shy of reaching 100 for the Dreamcast and I'd like to do that, too. I'd have to make a list of my other systems and see if there's any other even numbers I'd like to reach for any of my other collections...I might go for 200 Playstation games as well even though I still haven't reached 150...since many are pretty cheap it's probably easily attainable. I'm not sure if there are any specific games I really want...one possible goal I'm not sure I really want to accomplish is to go online. Lots of people love online play but I'm not convinced it's for me. Oh, yeah, I might try to finish my collection of EGM back issues. I probably won't try to get every issue...just the ones since the 16-bit era began...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any Gaming Goals For 2004?

Do you have any gaming goals for 2004? Any specific games you hope to find? Any totals you want to reach for a specific system? For me, I've never been a big collector...the system I have the most games for is the SNES and I still have less than 200 for that one...so that's one thing I want to do, reach 200 for that system. I need about 30 to do that. The trick will be to find that many games that I actually want to play. I'm about 20 shy of reaching 100 for the Dreamcast and I'd like to do that, too. I'd have to make a list of my other systems and see if there's any other even numbers I'd like to reach for any of my other collections...I might go for 200 Playstation games as well even though I still haven't reached 150...since many are pretty cheap it's probably easily attainable. I'm not sure if there are any specific games I really want...one possible goal I'm not sure I really want to accomplish is to go online. Lots of people love online play but I'm not convinced it's for me. Oh, yeah, I might try to finish my collection of EGM back issues. I probably won't try to get every issue...just the ones since the 16-bit era began...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My goals
    - Try not to spend so much money on games (this year it was probably around 1500 )
    - Reach my goal of 100 Gamecube Games
    -Get a burgertime arcade machine (first priority)

And to help me do all this is my brand new game room taht im building teh walls for! I started working teh otehr day. Ill post pics soon enough.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My goals
    - Try not to spend so much money on games (this year it was probably around 1500 )
    - Reach my goal of 100 Gamecube Games
    -Get a burgertime arcade machine (first priority)

And to help me do all this is my brand new game room taht im building teh walls for! I started working teh otehr day. Ill post pics soon enough.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to break two hundred games for....my collection. That's right, I'm currently at 193 total.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to break two hundred games for....my collection. That's right, I'm currently at 193 total.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'd like to get more items for my main collections and perhaps branch out with Virtua Boy, Lynx or perhaps Intellivision.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'd like to get more items for my main collections and perhaps branch out with Virtua Boy, Lynx or perhaps Intellivision.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to finnish my frickin' NES collection! I know I say this every year, but this time I mean it. Only 82 more carts to go and most of the rare ones are already out of the way (Stadium Events and the Myriad 6-in-1 are going to be a bitch to get though).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to finnish my frickin' NES collection! I know I say this every year, but this time I mean it. Only 82 more carts to go and most of the rare ones are already out of the way (Stadium Events and the Myriad 6-in-1 are going to be a bitch to get though).

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I want to get at least one Japanese system that is not *quite* the same as it is in America (So a Famicom would count), find out how to get imports working on my PS2 without truly modding it, get my PS2 sent to Sony so that it will read CDs and DVDs at the same time, buy SOnic Heroes, expand my Xbox collection, get an INTV or Coleco, and get my collection over 400 games (I'm hovering a little over 300 now).
    Egbert, I miss you...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I want to get at least one Japanese system that is not *quite* the same as it is in America (So a Famicom would count), find out how to get imports working on my PS2 without truly modding it, get my PS2 sent to Sony so that it will read CDs and DVDs at the same time, buy SOnic Heroes, expand my Xbox collection, get an INTV or Coleco, and get my collection over 400 games (I'm hovering a little over 300 now).
    Egbert, I miss you...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wanna finish the remodeling of the basement and get my game room set up. Get everything out of boxes and set up the way the ought to be.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wanna finish the remodeling of the basement and get my game room set up. Get everything out of boxes and set up the way the ought to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've been thinking of making a list of every game I own and playing them all at least once next year -- maybe even doing a short (even if it's only a paragraph) review of each in the process.

I might even do this with emulated games ... like, a short review of every SNES game, etc. Could turn out to be a long year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've been thinking of making a list of every game I own and playing them all at least once next year -- maybe even doing a short (even if it's only a paragraph) review of each in the process.

I might even do this with emulated games ... like, a short review of every SNES game, etc. Could turn out to be a long year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flack, that's a great idea for a project...I tried it once but wasn't able to keep up with it. I've been thinking of trying it again, though. I don't really have a website anymore so I wouldn't have a place to post it so it'd just be something I keep for myself. Any idea how many games you have? I probably have between 600 and 700 and that's probably not counting my NES collection which I'm giving to a friend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flack, that's a great idea for a project...I tried it once but wasn't able to keep up with it. I've been thinking of trying it again, though. I don't really have a website anymore so I wouldn't have a place to post it so it'd just be something I keep for myself. Any idea how many games you have? I probably have between 600 and 700 and that's probably not counting my NES collection which I'm giving to a friend...

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only two goals (so far) for next year:

Complete my Sega CD collection and get my own Buy/Sell/Trade VG business going.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only two goals (so far) for next year:

Complete my Sega CD collection and get my own Buy/Sell/Trade VG business going.