Thread: Any Gaming Goals For 2004?

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I will finish my Virtual Boy collection next year. (Yeah right)

I want to work on my Game.com and Odyssey 2 collections. I may be able to finish those as well.

Next up: I want to get my SMS collection really moving towards completion
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I will finish my Virtual Boy collection next year. (Yeah right)

I want to work on my Game.com and Odyssey 2 collections. I may be able to finish those as well.

Next up: I want to get my SMS collection really moving towards completion
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Complete my 7800 collection. I know I've said that the past two years, but dammit, I'll probably try this time.

I'd like to finish getting the Saturn and SMS games I'm REALLY looking for. There's not too many of those (well, for saturn).I want to get SSV for the neo geo, a good arcade stick for my PS2, and most of all..

A COPY OF THAT DAMN MARIO ANIME.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Complete my 7800 collection. I know I've said that the past two years, but dammit, I'll probably try this time.

I'd like to finish getting the Saturn and SMS games I'm REALLY looking for. There's not too many of those (well, for saturn).I want to get SSV for the neo geo, a good arcade stick for my PS2, and most of all..

Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My goal next year is to get at least 40 more snes games (I got about 20 this year). I also hope to update my website more often, which will likely happen when everything is scripted (scheduled timeline, May). Perhaps filling in some of the holes in my Unreleased Games secion will be first on the list.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My goal next year is to get at least 40 more snes games (I got about 20 this year). I also hope to update my website more often, which will likely happen when everything is scripted (scheduled timeline, May). Perhaps filling in some of the holes in my Unreleased Games secion will be first on the list.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus

What 7800 games do you need? I have about 20 games, half complete, half are loose, that I just have sitting on my shelf. I traded my 7800 for a NEO game a few years back and I have no use for the 7800 carts. Been looking to trade them away for some 5200 stuff, or even 2600 carts I dont have. If you are interested I'll PM you a list of what games I got.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus

What 7800 games do you need? I have about 20 games, half complete, half are loose, that I just have sitting on my shelf. I traded my 7800 for a NEO game a few years back and I have no use for the 7800 carts. Been looking to trade them away for some 5200 stuff, or even 2600 carts I dont have. If you are interested I'll PM you a list of what games I got.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a lot of goals:

1. Beat 200,000 on damn Joust.
    2. Beat 250,000 on damn Robotron.
    3. Break 50k on Galaxian cab.
    4. Complete my DC/virtual boy/game.com collections.
    5. Get some more boxed NES games (only 4 right now )
    6. Get a 5200 and play the hell out of it.
    7. Get top 3 at a Marvel tourney where the big boys play.
    8. Go to CGE again.
    9. (Hopefully) Get another arcade game.
    10. Get a box for my Vectrex system, and get a lot more games. (I only have the system right now. )

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a lot of goals:

1. Beat 200,000 on damn Joust.
    2. Beat 250,000 on damn Robotron.
    3. Break 50k on Galaxian cab.
    4. Complete my DC/virtual boy/game.com collections.
    5. Get some more boxed NES games (only 4 right now )
    6. Get a 5200 and play the hell out of it.
    7. Get top 3 at a Marvel tourney where the big boys play.
    8. Go to CGE again.
    9. (Hopefully) Get another arcade game.
    10. Get a box for my Vectrex system, and get a lot more games. (I only have the system right now. )

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    I've been thinking of making a list of every game I own and playing them all at least once next year -- maybe even doing a short (even if it's only a paragraph) review of each in the process.

I might even do this with emulated games ... like, a short review of every SNES game, etc. Could turn out to be a long year!
    I've been doing just this sort of thing over the past few months with my growing SMS and Genesis collections. I've even organized my lists in DP format (wink, nod), but with my own capsule reviews and extra information.

Some samples of my craft, if I may indulge myself:

F-16 Fighting Falcon Sega $3/R1
    Style: Sega Card.
    Teaser: "You are about to take control of the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the most advanced jet fighter in the world. In this carefully crafted simulation, your mission is to seek and destroy enemy aircraft and to remain airborne as long as possible."
    Release: 1986.
    Notes: Not too bad dynamically, but a single enemy type and the lack of any scenery whatsoever makes this feel more like a training sim than a game. Then again, given the thick instruction manual and the need to use two Control Pads at the same time, maybe that really was the intent. That said, it's only fun for a little while. Rarity-wise, this is by far the most common of the Sega Cards (probably bolstered by the Top Gun craze of the era). And on the technical side, be warned that it's the only card that won't work in the Genesis Power Base Converter – supposedly because of a slightly different pin layout than the other cards (though I have yet to confirm this as the definite reason).
    Cheats: After pressing the Start button, "Level 01" will appear on the screen to denote your current stage. Simply press up or down on the D-pad to change stages.
    Copyright: ©1985 Nexa, 1986 Sega.

QuackShot Sega $12/R5
    starring Donald Duck

Style: Sega standard grid (third style).
    Teaser: "Donald unearths an ancient scroll that reveals a long-lost treasure. Off he dashes on a dangerous expedition! He leaps over cacti, sidesteps scorpions, and slides down slopes to claim the loot before Big Bad Pete can get it. Donald's temperamental tantrums keep the bad guys runnin'! He thonks 'em with his plunger and bounces on the handle to hop over their heads. Then he blasts 'em with gooey bubblegum! Yuck-a-duck!"
    Release: 1991. Though Disney's Duck Tales cartoon series was on the air during this time, this game was not based upon it (though there were two Duck Tales titles for the NES).
    Notes: An excellent platformer for kids or kid-like adults. Great graphics and some of the best sound effects in any Genesis game give you the feeling of playing through a classic Donald Duck cartoon – complete with violent, rampaging temper tantrums. Sega was using their Disney license to showcase what the Genesis could do, and this game is part of the proof.
    Copyright: ©1991 Sega, The Walt Disney Company.
    A bit of work, yes, but I enjoy it.
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    I've been thinking of making a list of every game I own and playing them all at least once next year -- maybe even doing a short (even if it's only a paragraph) review of each in the process.

I might even do this with emulated games ... like, a short review of every SNES game, etc. Could turn out to be a long year!
    I've been doing just this sort of thing over the past few months with my growing SMS and Genesis collections. I've even organized my lists in DP format (wink, nod), but with my own capsule reviews and extra information.

Some samples of my craft, if I may indulge myself:

F-16 Fighting Falcon Sega $3/R1
    Style: Sega Card.
    Teaser: "You are about to take control of the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the most advanced jet fighter in the world. In this carefully crafted simulation, your mission is to seek and destroy enemy aircraft and to remain airborne as long as possible."
    Release: 1986.
    Notes: Not too bad dynamically, but a single enemy type and the lack of any scenery whatsoever makes this feel more like a training sim than a game. Then again, given the thick instruction manual and the need to use two Control Pads at the same time, maybe that really was the intent. That said, it's only fun for a little while. Rarity-wise, this is by far the most common of the Sega Cards (probably bolstered by the Top Gun craze of the era). And on the technical side, be warned that it's the only card that won't work in the Genesis Power Base Converter – supposedly because of a slightly different pin layout than the other cards (though I have yet to confirm this as the definite reason).
    Cheats: After pressing the Start button, "Level 01" will appear on the screen to denote your current stage. Simply press up or down on the D-pad to change stages.
    Copyright: ©1985 Nexa, 1986 Sega.

QuackShot Sega $12/R5
    starring Donald Duck

Style: Sega standard grid (third style).
    Teaser: "Donald unearths an ancient scroll that reveals a long-lost treasure. Off he dashes on a dangerous expedition! He leaps over cacti, sidesteps scorpions, and slides down slopes to claim the loot before Big Bad Pete can get it. Donald's temperamental tantrums keep the bad guys runnin'! He thonks 'em with his plunger and bounces on the handle to hop over their heads. Then he blasts 'em with gooey bubblegum! Yuck-a-duck!"
    Release: 1991. Though Disney's Duck Tales cartoon series was on the air during this time, this game was not based upon it (though there were two Duck Tales titles for the NES).
    Notes: An excellent platformer for kids or kid-like adults. Great graphics and some of the best sound effects in any Genesis game give you the feeling of playing through a classic Donald Duck cartoon – complete with violent, rampaging temper tantrums. Sega was using their Disney license to showcase what the Genesis could do, and this game is part of the proof.
    Copyright: ©1991 Sega, The Walt Disney Company.
    A bit of work, yes, but I enjoy it.
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Play lots of MVS and CPS2 games. Lots.

Raise my 1 credit score on Blazing Star to above 10 million (right now it's only close to 4 mil)

Get better at the Metal Slug games (I die alot, I don't know if I've ever even beaten the first level in any of the games without dying, which should be easy)

Find Progear on CPS2, blue or green board, I don't care.

Make more shock box inserts for MVS games.

Find more SNK and Capcom large marquees and posters.

Maybe get a NES collection stared again.

Get some of the SNES back that I sold recently.

Play on xbox live more.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Play lots of MVS and CPS2 games. Lots.

Raise my 1 credit score on Blazing Star to above 10 million (right now it's only close to 4 mil)

Get better at the Metal Slug games (I die alot, I don't know if I've ever even beaten the first level in any of the games without dying, which should be easy)

Find Progear on CPS2, blue or green board, I don't care.

Make more shock box inserts for MVS games.

Find more SNK and Capcom large marquees and posters.

Maybe get a NES collection stared again.

Get some of the SNES back that I sold recently.

Play on xbox live more.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've done a lot of thinking and have decided to try and collect for the 7800 with any gift money I receive this christmas.
    I had a stack of 2600 games and manuals there that I was trying to sell, I figured if I ever bought a system I'd play it maybe once a year and otherwidse it would just take up space... BUT, I then thought about the fact I could get a 7800, play and collect 2600 carts WITH the added bonus of being able to grab some great 7800 titles.
    I could see the 7800 getting nearly as much play as my SMS does.
    I actually jumped from the 2600 to the SMS and have never played an actual 7800 before I just decided to give it a shot with an emulator and some licensed titles just to see how it compares with other systems of it time. I find it remind me VERY much of the computer scene of that time. looks very "EGA"-esque and that old 2600 sound chip is about the equal of a PC speaker, I think thats it's charm to me, it's like a console computer. (but really computers of that time were not much more than glorified video games.. or vice versa).

So by the way, anyone who happens to be sellin anything 7800, let me know, I still don't even have a system yet.

Alex Kidd
    The Weed Of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit You Old Hag!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've done a lot of thinking and have decided to try and collect for the 7800 with any gift money I receive this christmas.
    I had a stack of 2600 games and manuals there that I was trying to sell, I figured if I ever bought a system I'd play it maybe once a year and otherwidse it would just take up space... BUT, I then thought about the fact I could get a 7800, play and collect 2600 carts WITH the added bonus of being able to grab some great 7800 titles.
    I could see the 7800 getting nearly as much play as my SMS does.
    I actually jumped from the 2600 to the SMS and have never played an actual 7800 before I just decided to give it a shot with an emulator and some licensed titles just to see how it compares with other systems of it time. I find it remind me VERY much of the computer scene of that time. looks very "EGA"-esque and that old 2600 sound chip is about the equal of a PC speaker, I think thats it's charm to me, it's like a console computer. (but really computers of that time were not much more than glorified video games.. or vice versa).

So by the way, anyone who happens to be sellin anything 7800, let me know, I still don't even have a system yet.

Alex Kidd
    The Weed Of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit You Old Hag!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My goals -

- Spend more time actually playing games. I don't know if it's because I'm getting on a bit, but as my collection grows, I seem to spend less time actually playing games (with the exception of Winning Eleven 7 and Guitar Freaks).
    - Speaking of Guitar Freaks - I just want to get good at the damn game.
    - Hopefully I'll push ConsoleMAD and turn it into a popular website. There aren't too many retro sites in the UK so the competition isn't too great but it'll still take me a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My goals -

- Spend more time actually playing games. I don't know if it's because I'm getting on a bit, but as my collection grows, I seem to spend less time actually playing games (with the exception of Winning Eleven 7 and Guitar Freaks).
    - Speaking of Guitar Freaks - I just want to get good at the damn game.
    - Hopefully I'll push ConsoleMAD and turn it into a popular website. There aren't too many retro sites in the UK so the competition isn't too great but it'll still take me a while.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Shoot..
    Now that I think about it now..nothing really....hmm,you got me thinking now..
    I'd say maybe to finally start using the Xbox Live and PS2 online kits I bought so long ago.

I did have one goal for 2004..
    It was to get a Neo Geo SNK Candy Cab or Neo 19 by the end of January 2004..

Well that goal is no more valid..
    I just bought a Candy Cab.
    I'm still looking for the Neo 19 though..(Future Goal)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Shoot..
    Now that I think about it now..nothing really....hmm,you got me thinking now..
    I'd say maybe to finally start using the Xbox Live and PS2 online kits I bought so long ago.

I did have one goal for 2004..
    It was to get a Neo Geo SNK Candy Cab or Neo 19 by the end of January 2004..

Well that goal is no more valid..
    I just bought a Candy Cab.
    I'm still looking for the Neo 19 though..(Future Goal)