Thread: Looking for: Panasonic Q gameboy player

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Looking for: Panasonic Q gameboy player

So I've finally gotten around to looking for this for my Q, and it seems it's already sold out and no one has it! Does anyone know where one of these can still be purchased, either online, or through a Japanese contact? Ebay turned up nothing......I know it's a long shot, but if anyone can help me out, I appreciate it. Thanks.
    sku-bop!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I won't be much for useful information, but before you go through the trouble of getting one. I am to assume it's the same, if not very similar, to the gameboy player for the cube as it's nearly the same thing. So, have you ever played the gamecube version? I have one, and if it weren't for the fact that I only ended up paying $30 for it.....I would have sold it by now. Not only do I think it looks funny when you load games and they're smaller than the screen(inside a box) but you also have to stick in a disc to access it....that bothers me much like all other things that require boot discs to load, it's just a hastle. So, what I'm getting at is that I think you should test one out before you go trying to import one....Could easily be worth your bother, maybe you've tried all of the above and came to better conclusions as well. In which case, this post is a total waste.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

http://www.toysnjoys.com/access_cube2.html

This site has Q players in stock for $59.95. I have bought from them before their shipping is something like $8.75. They are pretty good to deal with and they ship fairly quickly. This site is where I picked up my Platinum Gameboy Player for $29.95 and then I ordered a US boot disc on the Nintendo Store site for $15. Unless you do not already have a GBA / GBASP then the Gameboy player is a complete waste of money. If you do not know if you really want one or not, don't bother and spend you money on a game or two instead.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I love the Gameboy Player. Finally I can see properly without having to squint all the time

In fact I hardly use my GBA now, except for travelling or connectivity games (eg. Pacman Vs).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    well I won't be much for useful information, but before you go through the trouble of getting one. I am to assume it's the same, if not very similar, to the gameboy player for the cube as it's nearly the same thing. So, have you ever played the gamecube version? I have one, and if it weren't for the fact that I only ended up paying $30 for it.....I would have sold it by now. Not only do I think it looks funny when you load games and they're smaller than the screen(inside a box) but you also have to stick in a disc to access it....that bothers me much like all other things that require boot discs to load, it's just a hastle. So, what I'm getting at is that I think you should test one out before you go trying to import one....Could easily be worth your bother, maybe you've tried all of the above and came to better conclusions as well. In which case, this post is a total waste.......
    They are not the same, the Q has legs/feet. You can't mod a regular one to fit either since the insides would be in the way (I checked). I assume someone could make a cable to connect the two together tho'.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Buddy
    They are not the same, the Q has legs/feet. You can't mod a regular one to fit either since the insides would be in the way (I checked). I assume someone could make a cable to connect the two together tho'.
    Hmmm........No, , definitly not what I meant. If I meant that I would have suggested that he go buy one in the store, I was simply implying that they serve the same purpose. IE: They both play gameboy games .....

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they this item got cancelled. They said that they were going to release it but it never got released. Just get the device theat was released by Datel. It plugs into your memory card slot and allows you to play GBA games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    Quote Originally Posted by Funk Buddy
    Hmmm........No, , definitly not what I meant. If I meant that I would have suggested that he go buy one in the store, I was simply implying that they serve the same purpose. IE: They both play gameboy games .....
    Sorry. I just read it wrong I guess.
    What have you done America?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I checked the Toysnjoys site, that is for a pre order, they don't seem to have it in stock. I am pretty sure they did one run at least and it sold out, my best chance is to find someone still selling one from that run in case they dont make another run....if anyone else finds some other sites, let me know, thanks!
    sku-bop!