As you may or may not know, awhile back I posted about trying to hook a Genesis Model 1, a Sega CD Model 2, and a 32X together AND get stereo sound. Well I was able to get the whole Frankenstein system together and it works, but sill no stereo sound. I found an FAQ today (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/32x/f...stallation.txt) that says in order to get stereo sound out of this combo I'd need to run a cable out of the front headphone jack of the Genesis, plug it into a MODEL 1 Sega CD and then use the combination of Sega CD and 32X A/V cables into the TV. All of this sounds like a huge pain in the ass (not to mention I don't have a Model 1 Sega CD), so I've decided to just get a Genesis Model 2 instead. This will allow me to get stereo sound with just one cable and it is much more compact (as always, space on my TV stand is at a premium).

So before I go pick up a Genesis model 2, I want to know if it has any advantages/disadvantages over the model 1 (other than the model 1 looks cooler). I know a few games don't work with the model 2 (so I can't play Budokan. Whaaa!), but is that it? It sounds like a pretty good compromise for stereo sound to me.

BTW, anyone have a model 2 for trade? :mrgreen:

Tempest