Thread: Looking to Buy ULTIMA 9 Ascension

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Default Looking to Buy ULTIMA 9 Ascension

Now that I know it will run on Windows XP, I am looking to buy a copy of Ultima 9 Ascension. I have searched ebay and there are a few, but either the seller has little feedback or they live out side the US.

If anyone has a copy of this game that they aren't playing or simply don't want anymore please email me at dsullo@comcast.net

Thanks

Dustin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My and my RPG

I just started playing the game and it seems to work fine with XP. It's a bit of a flashback, even in it's 'evolved' 3D state. Since I've been avoiding getting back into RPGs for years (really it's one of the reasons I got into classic games- short game length), I'm kinda enjoying Ascension. Mind you I've only logged an hour or so.

The fact is, I'm getting Morrowind for Xbox- then I'm getting an Xbox.

Good luck getting a copy.

Dustin- do Ult 7 and 8 work ok with XP?

ian, off topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Ultima 8 PAGAN is DOS based and I use to reboot my old P133 in DOS mode to play it. I got really far in that game. I got to a part where you had to invoke a spell on a Pentagram to realease a Demon. And even with the hints from the internet, I just could not get it to work. I eventually just gave up, but I have to say Ultima 8 took a little while to get into, but I really liked it.

Anyway, I doubt it will play on XP

I have been playing Morrowind , my character is a Level 3 Redguard Knight. I love the open ended play. You can go anywhere and do anything, the way a True RPG should be. Not following a story on tracks like FFX. Don;t get me wrong I like FFX, but Morrowind is so open it is almost overwhelming. I really like it. But my brother, who usually has the same taste in games, did not like Morrowind at all.

I found a copy of Ultima 9 Ascension on Ebay Complete in the Box like new. The seller just posted it up for 7.99 with no buy it now. I asked her to add a 20.00 buy it now, she did and I closed the auction. That game is getting hard to find complete and the prices on ebay are going up as well. Here is the link to the one I just bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...387301313&rd=1

I am really excited to play it, I even dug out my old Game Informer that reviewed U9. They gave it an 8.5

I heard mixed reviews on it, but I think I will enjoy it.

Dustin