Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tall: Infinity - Ultimate Puzzle Action (PS1)...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tall: Infinity - Ultimate Puzzle Action (PS1)...

If you're a puzzle game fan and you own a PlayStation, you owe it to yourself to pick this game up. I'm currently addicted to it. It's as addictive as Tetris, although it is a bit more frustrating as you try to complete a tower that continuously gets hit by lightning. You have to roll the blocks around to match up colors and make combos in order to complete the floors and make the tower higher. Since I haven't played Devil Dice or Intelligent Qube, I'm not sure whether it would compare to either of those, but it sure it fun. It's one of those Agetec A1 games, and I paid $5 for it, but I've been playing this game longer than the more expensive stuff I've been buying lately.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just picked this up today myself. Go by it NOW. It is the next coming of Intelligent Qube - a comparison I do not make lightly.

Great haunting soundtrack like IQ, a rotate the blocks-puzzler like IQ. And just a good, good race again time - like IQ.

If there were ever a sequal to IQ, it'd be this game. I cannot praise it highly enough. And, at the KB Toys closing here in town, I snagged it for $6.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MAN! I was THIS CLOSE to getting that the other day! When I went to get Animal Crossing and FF:CC. It was new and cheap too. I really oughta get it. I love Puzzles and this game was CALLING to me. And I didn't answer. *sigh*

I've seen it all over though. So hopefully it'll be easy to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed!

It is one of those $10 A1/Agetec budget release titles, but still very much an excellent game!

My only complaints are that the graphics are severely lacking, and the controls are almost too touchy making you pass over your combination, but you eventually get accustomed to it.

Regardless, you can pick it up most anywhere now for less than the $10 launch price, new, and its a definate hidden gem among the PS1 system!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    Agreed!

It is one of those $10 A1/Agetec budget release titles, but still very much an excellent game!

My only complaints are that the graphics are severely lacking, and the controls are almost too touchy making you pass over your combination, but you eventually get accustomed to it.

Regardless, you can pick it up most anywhere now for less than the $10 launch price, new, and its a definate hidden gem among the PS1 system!
    original title: tall twins tower, release date 11/02/00

i think it was in development for a bit, thus the dated graphics. someone at a few small game companies obviously took to playing some of those import playstation club demo discs, as the last couple of budget games are pretty much what's on the discs i have...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hallelujah! They have been converted!

Oh, yeah, and while you're at it, pick up Bombastic. It's $20 at Circuit City and Toys R Us...
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also recommend if you can find it, "Builders Block".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    I just picked this up today myself. Go by it NOW. It is the next coming of Intelligent Qube - a comparison I do not make lightly.

Great haunting soundtrack like IQ, a rotate the blocks-puzzler like IQ. And just a good, good race again time - like IQ.
    That sold me man. If it's even halfway comparable to IQ, I'm there. *heads to Gamestop...*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I passed it up twice. Next time, I will get it. You can be sure.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I also recommend if you can find it, "Builders Block".
    GREAT game!!! underrated, but amazingly addictive!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tall: Infinity has gone down to $5.99 new at Gamestop B&M. Just a heads-up...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez
    Tall: Infinity has gone down to $5.99 new at Gamestop B&M. Just a heads-up...
    This game was a steal at its $10 launch price. Now you have no reason not to go get one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd just like to throw out another recommendation for this game. I've had the import for some time now and it is quite addictive. At $5.99 one would be crazy to pass this up.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked this up a few weeks ago at GameStop for $5.99. I'd like to thank this thread or I may not have! Lots of fun. Only problem I have is that the difficulty ramps up a bit too fast. I was able to beat the game on Easy my first try, but after a lot of practice I can still only get to the second level on Normal! But for some reason I keep coming back for more.

Also, the Puzzle mode is a bit weak. Seems like something they threw on at the end just because they could. Still better than not having it though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shit! I forgot I even had this. I bought it a few months ago and never tried it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Tall: Infinity - Ultimate Puzzle Action (PS1)...

Tall: Infinity is quite a good game based on the little bit that I've played it. My local gamestop had it new for $5.99 recently. I would also give the game a solid recommendation. However, it's not the best Playstation puzzle game, IMO. That would be reserved for another of the A1's budget Puzzle lineup game: Puzzle Star Sweep. This is a fantastic port of a reasonably obscure 2D System 11 game (arcade release by Namco, 1997). Wonderful blend of 2D sprites with lots of color with some chipper music and fantastic gameplay that can only be described as a 32-bit Panel de Pon (aka Tetris Attack). It feels sufficiently different than Tetris Attack so no worries about too much duplication. Puzzle Star Sweep remains unheralded but there are a few really good reviews on the net that do the game justice. It's not only the best PSX puzzle game, but it's probably in the top 5 overall, IMO (and I collect and play lots of puzzle games).

Anyway, A1 series of puzzle games is pretty solid given these two titles. I wonder if there are more in that lineup?
    DaveB
    llabnip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is one other PSX Puzzle I'd love to see ported somewhere else. Like the GBA. IQ would be one. I'm SURE the simplistic 3D graphics would be possible. Builders Block (By Jaleco) is another awesome one. And this one. One can hope, eh?

I hope they don't port them to the PSP. Or else I may have to break down and get one of those too. And I'd really rather have everything on my GBA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS/2 puzzle game fans also try "Turnabout" by Natsume. Very addictive & has a board editor!

$10 max where you can find it- my local TRU had tons of 'em.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ
    PS/2 puzzle game fans also try "Turnabout" by Natsume. Very addictive & has a board editor!

$10 max where you can find it- my local TRU had tons of 'em.
    I actually saw that one! But I turned it down because the graphics didn't impress me. Was that too trivial? Probably. I'll have to check this one out too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ongakuhenjin
    PSN
    ongakuhito

Just out of curiousity, did this spark a Gamestop calling program in the Cincinnati area. I had 3 phone calls about Tall Infinity today, and thought I was going insane. Unfortunately to those who called, we do not have the game. I passed it up myself a few times, and now am on the lookout for it too.