I am new to the world of Intellivision. I picked up 2 consoles for a song, and now I'm trying to get them to function.

Problems with my 2 Intellivision units (maybe you guys can help):

Note: The carts that I've tried are not "known good" - I don't have a known good Intellivision to insure that the carts function.

1. The Intellivision II unit (small beige unit) powers up, but only displays a green screen. I have tried 3-4 carts, and I always get a green screen. Do you think it's an indicator of something "worse" with the machine, or do you think that I should simply try other games, and more agressive cleaning methods? What does YOUR console look like on the screen when it won't play games - a certain COLOR, or just black?

2. My Intellivision III console has a broken RF adapter. I've taken it apart to discover that the main logic board has the sheet metal cover soldered into place. I have to break those bonds to work on the board. I am wondering, should I attempt a complicated Composite video out mod at this point, because I'm already taking it apart, or should I simply try an RF repair? The reason why I ask is because the composite video mod is a modified luma/chroma 2600 mod, and I can tell you this - it's no task for the weak spirited. And I don't know if the machine is broken in ANOTHER way at this point. On the other hand, I also won't know if the RF repair will go all that well.

Basically, I have one unit that looks like it should work, and one unit that has the little RF connector (the little RCA-like plug) broken off of it (cleanly, it looks like it could be repaired).

Which system should I FOCUS on, and what's my next step?

Thanks for the help.