Thread: Picture quality for the 2600 Jr. model

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Picture quality for the 2600 Jr. model

Whenever I play 2600 games, the picture will kind of blur in and out slightly. I know I'm not explaining it properly. Lines kinda fade in and out of the screen. They are the same color as whatever they're up against, just slightly sharper or more pronounced, so there's a definite contrast. I hope I'm not confusing anyone here. This is kinda hard to explain. In a nutshell, the picture quality is still grainy and is not as clear as it should be.

I bought a Coaxial (F-Type) to Female RCA Adapter for the 2600. It improves the situation, I'm sure, but doesn't completely eliminate it (I had this problem before too). I replaced the AC Adapter, bought an A/V splitter (not sure if that's the right name, I can't remember now - but it works), etc., so all of the plugs and connection pieces are brand new.

Any idea what I'm talking about? (I know I wasn't clear. Sorry.) And more importantly, any idea on how I can fix it? Is it a TV issue? Everything else works fine, but then again, none of my other systems are connected via a cable.

Thanks.
    "Genesis does what Nintendon't."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Now I'm just hazarding a guess here, but I suspect that it may not be a problem with your cabling but possibly an issue with the signal coming from your RF port. You'll have to open up the case, and inside there's an orange-colored pot inside the RF shield box (metal rectangle to the southeast of the cartridge port). Stick a small Phillips-head in there and try to tweak it to a spot where this blur problem goes away.

In case you've never opened a Jr before, also please be careful of the flexible connector attaching the Select and Reset switches to the motherboard.

Good luck. Let me know if you need any additional information.