Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Your thoughts on Disaster Report for Playstation 2

I just got this game recently after a LONG period of wanting it but waiting for the price to drop (got it for 15.00). Anyways, while the story has to be one that is probably the BEST EVER for a game...the execution sucked.

and heres why.

1. Sloooooooooooooooooowdoooooooooooooooown. While I never complain about this, cause usually i can overlook it, but when 75% of the time your character is running in slow motion, and your non-gaming brother comments on "whys he going so slow"....you gotta think something is wrong here.

2. Sound - ever heard a guy run in slow motion....with TAP SHOES ON? Well, thats what his footsteps sound like and its fucking annoying. Everything else is done soo well, except for this which ruins a lot of the game

3. Ok, you're in an earthquake riddles island....im pretty sure there'd be more than ONE way to get out of there, and im pretty sure that in real life, there wouldnt be oh so many "wow, im SO lucky that building fell and made a bridge for me" coincidences. Normally I don't complain about this either but when it happens a dozen times in the first hour of gameplay you begin to get annoyed.

4. The girl you rescue is a whiny little dumb ass bitch. Hmmm, the Island's in ruin's and everything around you has gone to shit...we're almost off the island and....what? what is that you say? you WANT TO GO CHECK ON YOUR DOG? Luckily you have to option to go ahead or go with her, I went on ahead and shortly after met another girl....hope that whiny bitch dies. Too bad I'll never know being I cut the game off shortly after refusing to ever play it again.

Does anyone else have any other complaints or compliments about this game? I suggest you buy it if you see it for 5.00-8.00 just to check it out, other than that...stay away, is pretty sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found the game VERY entertaining and well-executed. It's stressful in all the right spots, and if it were faster paced, it'd be impossible. Everything collapses around you, and it's just creepy. I think that everything about it is good. The translation text is kinda ugly, but it's a low $ port, not a high end game. Overall...VERY enjoyable.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    I found the game VERY entertaining and well-executed. It's stressful in all the right spots, and if it were faster paced, it'd be impossible. Everything collapses around you, and it's just creepy. I think that everything about it is good. The translation text is kinda ugly, but it's a low $ port, not a high end game. Overall...VERY enjoyable.
    I agree with Maxlords. I LOVED THIS GAME. I've never played anything quite like it before. A very original concept for a game...kind of like the Posiden Adventure on land. The story is very interesting and everything you do or say will effect the final outcome of the game. For instance, there is a part where you have to follow "the whiny bitch" back to here apartment so she can clean up or something. She tells you to wait at the front door, but you can go 'round back, climb a ladder and spy on her thru a window. Apparently this does something to the outcome of the game but I can't remember what.

It's just little things like this that I love about Disaster Report. Sure, there is slowdown in some of the action scenes and the characters can be annoying, but the game is simply too good to be trashed just for that. I thought the graphics were incredible and I really felt that I was in the middle of a major disaster area. Balancing on the beams in the rafters of high, crumbling buildings really gave me a sense a vertigo.

Disaster Report has to be one of the most underrated games out for the PS2. If you see it anywhere, do your self a favor and pick it up. You won't regret it.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

C'mon Cmos. Use your search feature.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...isaster+report