Thread: Obi-Wan for Xbox "my thoughts"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Obi-Wan for Xbox "my thoughts"

This game sure is an interesting one. It has to be the most underacheiving, overacheiver of a video game i've ever seen.

It is a step in the right direction at least!

When this game is firing on all cylinders it's quite an enjoyable title, and can be very captivating.

The control scheme is my favorite thing about this game, and lends to some very fluid battles.

Use the force to snatch weapons from droids hands, hit slow-mo button, go to town.

This game is one of the best star wars titles to date "imo", and is the kind of game i've been dreaming about for years.

Unfortunately, this game is filled with bugs, from an inaffective lock-on system to your Jedi dying from falling 10 feet, wtf!

Other things like falling off waterfalls in Naboo are just, ha, not finished, your character just falls through the map, and though Naboo is a very impressive stage on setup, and scale, the framerate is almost dizzying *sigh*.

hich brings me to one of the biggest screw ups of this game, the lack of polish. When the frame rate isn't hitting the low 10-15 fps I can see that the textures in this game are quite impressive, and smooth. A lack of anti-aliasing though causes jaggies, and not nearly enough was put into the character models. The water effects though are as Xbox usual "impressive."

When playing this game though, it is quite impressive, and has almost a "force" feel to it, and is one of the only star wars games that "feels" right, and has a flow to it that allows some great fights, but they just tried to put to much into this game, and obviously didn't have time to finish.

This game is very solid underneath all the little things that plague it, and the game unfortunately comes off feeling more like an experiment than anything else, and since i've never read a review outside "it sucks", I can only guess this is why that's said, but it really isn't that bad.

In short "too late", I really like this game, and hope that they keep going in this direction, but it would also be nice if they finished the game before selling it.

This game is definitely worth a rental "especially for star wars fans", but I wouldn't buy it for more than $20.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didnt this game suck?
    Mega Man Games: 3/???
    Xbox Game Count: 15

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't mind the game, but it certainly isn't the best SW title out there.

@BHvrd- I think I remember reading that you just got a XBOX. If you are a Star Wars freak the best titles are the Battlefront games (action), or if you enjoy RPGS then Knights of the Old Republic series is fantastic. Stay away Bounty Hunter, I thought it was pretty lame.

Edit: "Wise from your gwave" dead post. Sorry didn't realize the post was over three years old. shadowforte if you want to ressurect dead threads maybe you should add more to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's with the uber-old posts coming back form the dead recently?

I got this game for like $4 a few weeks ago and I felt ripped off. Horrible graphics (even for a 1st gen Xbox game) and not fun to play at all. The dual-stick system seems cool at first, but it's implemented horribly.

I didn't even bother getting past the first level, so maybe it gets better, but I have too many other actual good games to play through, so I'm not going to bother.

I still play quite a bit of Battlefront II online (surprisgly still somewhat active on there) and I thought Republic Commando was a solid - if unspectacular - Ghost Recon-esque sqaud based FPS. The KOTOR games are supposed to be really good, but I don't like RPG's, so I've never bothered with 'em. The other SW games on Xbox1 are pretty disposable IMO.
    Last edited by Neil Koch; 03-16-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are excellent games, as well as KOTOR. I thought Obi-Wan was garbage.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked Obi-Wan enough to play through the end of the game. I thought it was fun. I liked the last level with darth maul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jedi outcast and academy rocked.
    Mega Man Games: 3/???
    Xbox Game Count: 15