Thread: Retrocon...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Retrocon...

Well I saw these and almost wanted to fall in love. I wanted to use them on my PS1 system for reasons not mentioned. But, for starters...my EB only has one controller. I wanted to do the buy one get one 50% deal and get two for $37.50+tax, but......they only have one. So anyways, before I get too far into them....Does anybody have one of these. How do they rate? It seems that Eb's website doesn't even list them...so any help would be awesome. Are these discontinued? That's the other thing the employee at EB led me to believe, but I think he was trying to get me to buy just the one. Anyways, Thanks in advance for any kind of information this digs up.

Also, anybody see the deal through EB where you get Final Fantasy and the HD for $49.99 if you bring in 4 PS2 games? Sounds like a decent deal, which discludes sports games I'm sure....but what exactly is a sports game? do they consider real pool a sports game? Thanks again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

They have it at my EB, and I got to play with it a while. Its a very nice controller. But not for all games.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I recall salivating over pictures of the Retrocon in past issues of EGM. I mean, Playstation 2 functionality in a NES-like package? Where do I sign up?

Our Gamestop got a controller in, but our manager, also being a big NES fan, snagged the only one we got, a black one. I was weeks before we got another, so I ended up snagging mine at EB. They still sell well at our store, and we get restocked frequently. Our computer lists them as Active, so I don't think they're discontinued. I'm surprised to see that EB doesn't list them, as they keep pimping that they're the "Mad Catz accessories headquarters" when I call them. The employee wanted you to buy it since Mad Catz is their "Vendor of the Month", and they might get a kickback for selling their product.

So anyway, the controller. It handles very well, and is quite comfortable. I have had a small issue of the left analogue stick being a might sticky, nothing a few rotations of the stick didn't clear up. I also noticed the same problem on a friend's controller. It in no way hindered my gaming. The rumble feature is amazing for such a small little contraption, and the lights on it are simply too cool for words. My only complaint is that the shoulder buttons take a little getting used to with their inline design, but overall it's a nice controller. A good buy if you're a retro fan.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as the sports games issue goes, my EB wouldn't take Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 and Sega Soccer Slam for one of those trade-ins. GROAN!
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Retrocon...

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    ....Does anybody have one of these. How do they rate? ...
    I got a RetroCon for Xmas -- I haven't tested it extensively yet -- but I love it! I use it on my PS2 & my PC w/ USB adaptor.

-PongHit