Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How good of a DDR player are you?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yashiro
    I beat those songs at home, but everyone is better in the arcade. Especially if you use soft pads at home. You'll have a hard time making the arcade machine's pads slide around with your feet! ^_^
    It is actually harder to play at the arcade because the time window in which you have to press the corresponding arrow is less than it is at home.

BTW not to be mean but I can pass any song on maniac besides 10 footers easily.

Maybe it helps I play varsity athletics as a sophmore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still play DDR at least a couple times a week (it's *really* good exercise and beats running on a treadmill ). I don't play in the arcades much, mostly due to a lack of arcades with DDR machines around here, but I have a pair of decent metal pads at home.

As for skill level (assuming all of the 'default' settings for the PS2 versions of the game), I'm able to AA most 7-foot songs, A most 8-foot songs, pass all 9-foot songs (B or better in nearly every case), and fail miserably at the 10-footers (Max, Legend of Max, etc.). For the 10-footers, it's all a matter of endurance -- I can follow the steps for about 45 seconds or so, then I just get too tired to finish I'd really like to pass Max 300 someday, but I'm probably too old (27) to do it now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I have only played it a couple of times and I have never used the pads so I don't know how good or bad I am at the game. I would like to think that I would be ok. I really want to get the pads and buy the game, it would be a fun one to play with my wife, shes got pretty good rhythm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play DDR at home. Have two versions DDR Max and DDR Max 2. DDR Max 2 was my first time ever playing a DDR game. I started on Light mode to get the hang of things. Playing on the mode about that, I've actually managed to get B ranks on some songs, isn't bad since I still consider myself a novice DDR player. One of my friends who is real good at the games recommended that I always start with my feet on the left and right of the pad instead of in the center like the game suggests. Taking some getting used too. I STILL can't get a higher ranking on Burning Heat other than C. That song is so freaking hard!!

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

How the HELL did I miss this thread the first time around!?

I'm decent enough at DDR I think (hell, I beat Yash at the so-far-only First Annual CGE DP DDR Competition (he can correct me if I put that wrong ). I can get through most 7-footers and the occasional Sakura (10-footer!), but overall I think I'm a 7 or 8 player. I haven't played much over the past six months though, so I'm probably losing a little bit of it, but I can still pick it up at the mall or something and pound out a good enough score.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mydjsobad
    I'm also the lead webmaster/owner of www.bemanistyle.com if that counts for anything.
    Wow, really? Thats awesome, your website is a great resource.

So, I think I've been playing for 2 1/2 years. I can pass pretty much any 9 footer, but 10's are another story. I just cant seem to do... any of them. It's strange. I've only done doubles a few times, and everytime I try I did decent enough.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm decent, above novice. My biggest problem is that DDR began to lose appeal with me in the past few years - basically everything after 7th Mix hit the arcades. I just HATE most of the new music. I still play at home, mainly 2nd, 3rd and 4th Mix import on the PlayStation - back when the music was mostly pop rehashes pulled from Beatmania and "classic" DDR songs, E-Rotic and Captain Jack probably being my favorite artists. I've used most of the home pads and platforms but never been into it enough to throw down for metal platforms outright. Currently I'm using a heavily modified (to increas responsiveness) MyMyBox plastic 8 pad platform I picked up for $10 - no way I'd pay $120 for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    strayhellcat

I love DDR but I'm not very good at it, unfortunately. I can play standard, but since there isn't a DDR machine near me anymore (CRYING) I have nowhere to practice and I've probably become really crappy. I think there's still an arcade in the city, but the machines are always being occupied by leet Asians and it's right at the door so people off the street come and watch you and... it's embarrassing! :P