Thread: N64/PSX complete collections

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default N64/PSX complete collections

I have seen lots of people trying to get a complete Dreamcast collection, however does anybody here have a complete N64 or Playstation Collection?
    Now Dreamcast has around 250 games
    N64 has around the same
    Playstation on the other had has over 1000

Or is there anybody trying to complete these?
    Good traders 1st post on 2nd page

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup i'm gonna attemped to get all the U.S N64 and Genesis games "complete" except for that Blockbuster world championship 2 (genesis) cart. The lastest N64 game ive picked up was Duck Dodgers "complete", probably one of the finest N64 games ive played in a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dangerboy is really close to having a complete Playstation collection. Last I heard he was like 75 games away.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Right now it's hard to do a 'complete' PSX collection as they are STILL releasing games for it.

SInce the last N64 game released in the States was Tony Hawk's Pro Sakter 3 by Activision in the summer of 2002, though, it should be possible to do that one.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Right now it's hard to do a 'complete' PSX collection as they are STILL releasing games for it.

SInce the last N64 game released in the States was Tony Hawk's Pro Sakter 3 by Activision in the summer of 2002, though, it should be possible to do that one.
    That was a weird one, for sure... wasn't it released like 8 months after Powder Puff Girls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, Tony Hawk 3 was almost a year after the last few n64 games/blockbuster rental conversions. Shouold have seen the look on people's faces when I slapped the "NEW RELEASE" Sticker on TH3's box and stuck in the same shelf with PS2 and XBox games. heh heh...

As for the PSX completion, counting all the supposed upcoming games, etc, I'm down to 67 titles, mostly all sport games Special thanks go out to Kevincure for hsi updated/labor of love list. It helped figure some stuff out.

You really don't realize how many 1200 PSX games is until you have to catalog / alphabatize them

Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Within a year or so...

I am well on my way of having an N64 collection.....I have over 2/3 of the games boxed and complete...including Harvest Moon, Starcraft and Ogre Battle....getting ALL of them is gonna take time. Many of the ones I am still needing are sports titles....and getting N64 games are still in the 5 to 15 dollar range. If anyone has extra N64 boxes PM me!

As for the PSX collection......wow, I wish anyone luck!
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

N64 - I'm 12 away from having all US N64 releases including all of the rental exclusives (need mostly sports titles). I also have 5 of the demo carts.

PS - I just hit 950 unique PSone titles, 1009 pieces counting duplicate GH/longbox/cover variants, and over 100 demo/magazine discs.

I found out after Thanksgiving that a couple of people I worked with in the past are managing Gamestop and Game Crazy stores. They have lists of what I need and call me when something comes in.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been taking a break from the NES for a while now and have been concentrating on N64 Complete games. I have 36 Complete boxed games (all minty) and 17 loose carts (most with instructions). On top of those I have 86 boxes (all mint, more then half with instructions and inserts) that i need games for. I just picked up a complete Blitz Special Edition on ebay for $4.25 complete , but damn those other BB exclusives.

I have only been seriously collecting N64 for about 4 months now... i started out with like 8 games and they just seem to keep pouring in.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would think it would be quite easy to buy all the good games complete pretty cheap. Most people seem to laugh at the N64 because the outdated graphics and cartridges they came on. You know whats funny? Young kids who grew up with a N64 will go back and try to collect for it in 10-15 years. The N64 will be their NES.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Im a third of the way to a complete PSOne collection Im currently at something like 430 games, and a few variations to go on for good measure (including some sweet Beta's thanks to the topic creator )
    Dangerboy: Trust me i realize the evilness of organizing and spreadsheeting 430 let alone 1200.... I feel your pain.

I dont think that the N64 will be the NES in 15 years, With no where near the number of games, and a shorter lifespan, it will be a popular addition system like the Saturn or DC is to the Genny. Or if it is, it will be a hella lot harder to complete compared to the NES and that will piss off the masses. I think that the system that people will be clamoring for in 10 years is the PSOne, due to its lifespan and sheer number of games.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went for the n64 complete collection once .I got about 70 carts into it and gave up because it was too easy to get them.I like to have to hunt for my gold so I have decided to do a complete gamegear collection and possibly be the first to have it.Im not sure if anyone on here has a complete gg collection of not.Im around 40 carts deep now and the only hard to get I one I need now is mega man I think.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm trying to get a complete n64 collection too
    but a pal one so it's more expensive
    anyways......I have bout 80 complete N64 games right now.

Super Famicom must be most pain in the ass
    second biggest library(behind PS1);complete ones hard to get; last official game(some RPG..can't remember name) was released in December 2000 (!!!).....now that's what I call lifespan
    urgh