Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bloody ebay ...

They closed my auction for Yu Yu Hakushu, with the following reason:

eBay appreciates the fact that you chose to post your listing:

3075369229 Yu Yu Hakushu - Megadrive Mega Drive Genesis

Unfortunately your listing encouraged the use of items that could violate someone's copyright, trademark, or other rights. Encouraging the use of potentially infringing material is not allowed on eBay. This is so even if the product you are selling is legitimate. Your listing has been removed, all bidders have been notified, and any associated fees have been credited to your eBay account.

You may relist this item with the appropriate changes. Specifically, your listing should not encourage the use of materials that could violate someone's copyright, trademark, or other rights.

Presumably because I mentioned that the game is chip-locked and needs a Game Genie converter cart or a later converter cart to play. I hardly think this is "encouraging the use of material that could violate copyright"

What about all the auctions for Saturn Action Replay carts that are up? And the discs full of Megadrive / SNES ROMs for various systems???

If they are going to have a policy like this, why can't they at least concentrate first on the items that actually are violating copyrights before closing my perfectly legitimate auction?

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, that'll be because of the Game Genie/chip mention. I think auctions are searched for keyterms such as 'modchip', and any offenders pulled.
    I had a bunch of Megadrive auctions pulled a while back, because I said something like 'these are PAL games, but will play on a US/Japanese machine without the need for console modification or convertor cartridge'

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yeah

It just irritates me that they obviously don't really care that much about "infringing copyright" otherwise they would actually concentrate on the auctions that do infringe copyright. As it is, as long as you use the right words, you can sell whatever the hell you like.

Whereas people like me get their auctions terminated for no good reason whatsoever. I am going to re-post the auction tonight with some suitably snide comments about ebays automatic auction suspension system.

Vroomfunkel

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

What that means is, if you sell a Sega Master System game, either PAL or NTSC, better not indicate that it works with both European and North American consoles... x_x

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

youre lucky they only canceled your auction....I tried selling Dracula X japanese import for the sega saturn a while back and ebay completely terminated my account because my description said "this is an import game, and will not work on a US system unless it has been modified or a converter is used"....RIP old ebay acccount (edeeek) ::sniffles::

THEN, as if that wasnt enough ebay terminated my tuxik921 account which i started once i lost 100+ feedback under edeeek for selling a zelda test cartidge nes ( this time i lost almost 250 feeback)

2 terminated accounts + nearly 350 lost feedback = having to start all over again as i now have 13 feedbacks :-(

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, ebay are bastards - unfortunately there's nothing you can do

other than use another auction site, but as no-one else uses them, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot

what i find really annoying is that when they cancel your auction, they don't tell you exactly why, and when you contact them to find out they don't reply

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Argh! egay at it again!

This has happened to me, and like angarama says, I had on my auctions "this game will not play abroad without the use of a converter" or words to that effect and I had about 20 of my auctions removed...

Its funny though, they do that, and then ignore the pages and pages of WOW 600 MEGADRIVE GAMES ON 1 CD (cd-r)... heh