Thread: Picked up a 7800 lot with a buncha games

Strawberry (Level 2) mizarkgram's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Picked up a 7800 lot with a buncha games

Hye everyone, I was just wondering if anyone could put a price on this lot of stuff i picked up. I want to see if i was ripped off or not. I would just look it up in the handy DP Guide, but unfortunately, I don't yet own one... **gasp** But I am waiting for next christmas for the newest version of the guide to come out. Anyways... what I got was listed below:

Atari 7800 with box, manual and two original, but broken controllers
    2 atari 2600 joysticks

and these games:
    2600:
    Donkey Kong Junior
    Jr. Pacman
    Pacman
    Defender
    Combat (the guy told me this was the rarest of the lot )
    Asteroids
    Winter Games
    California Games

and three games that look to be 2600, but have weird art pictures on teh front instead of a normal cart logo (Circus, Pinball and Challenge -- Challenge has a picture of the Ghostbusters on the front...... I cant rememebr what the others look like right now....)

and then 4 7800 Games:
    Asteroids
    Dig Dug
    Centipede
    and Pole Position II

Everything works, except for the two broken controllers, and I think they just need to be really cleaned... and maybe a contact or two replaced... nothing big. Thanks

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Picked up a 7800 lot with a buncha games

Quote Originally Posted by mizarkgram
    I would just look it up in the handy DP Guide, but unfortunately, I don't yet own one... **gasp** But I am waiting for next christmas for the newest version of the guide to come out.
    Next Christmas? That's almost a year away! Just skip that Starbucks coffee once a week for a month and you'll be able to afford your very own handy-dandy DP Guide in all its 7th Edition glory. And if you still need the caffeine, just spring for a .50 Mountain Dew.

For that lot, I would have based the purchase price on your desire to pick up the 7800 console, as all the games are common-to-really common. Depending on condition, maybe $20, give or take.

However, the three carts you mention here:

and three games that look to be 2600, but have weird art pictures on teh front instead of a normal cart logo (Circus, Pinball and Challenge -- Challenge has a picture of the Ghostbusters on the front...... I cant rememebr what the others look like right now....)
    ... sound like they could be various pirate games from overseas, or at least funky Great White North repackages of the old favorites. Those three carts will increase the overall value of your deal. Nice score, and game ON!
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have actually thought long adn hard about it now (for a very long hour or two ) and I think Im gonna drop the cash for a DP guide as soon as I get my income tax refund hahaha..... Goddamn university is hitting me HARD

Thanks for the reply...... I was wondering about those funky carts...... the games seem to play fine..... but they just look ..... odd

I wanted the 7800 just to say I had one.. i only paid about 20 bucks (canadian) for it...... so I guess i got a sweet deal

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome to the forums. Can you take a pic of the carts and maybe one of the DP'ers can host them for you?

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

I'd say $20 CDN was very good, as I paid $15 US for mine, boxed complete with 2 7800 games and 2 2600 games (The games only had Activision calatogs and insturctions but the system was complete).
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not that I think it was bothering anyone... but I was checking out atari age, adn I found out the identity of those 3 weird carts that i mentioned... they were produced by zellers and you can see what they look like here:
    http://www.atariage.com/company_page...0&CompanyID=61