Thread: Mushrooming for Dummies

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mushrooming for Dummies

(could this be a stickie, I'll edit it out after your answer)

------

Mushrooming for Dummies -

Chapter 1 - Intro

So you say you want to be a mushroomer, eh? Well good luck. Waking up early in the morning, dashing, even sprinting around the entire vecinity of the island just for a small taste of luscious cash, known as a mushroom? Well good luck. If you answered yes to the above, then you wish to be one of the elite, the mushroomers. This guide will teach you how to be an ELITE mushroomer, and how to get em' all before your greedy neighbors do.

Chapter 2 - Early bird gets the 'shroom

Here's how it goes down. You have to wake up at around 7:53 in the morning. Coming out of your house, you stretch with joy. Time is clicking by.

You must wait until the clock strikes eight, when then you IMMEDIATELY sprint around your area. I say the island is split into two parts, two hemospheres if you will. Lets do the top part first. So you go to teh total left side's bottom, then you go all the way up till you hit rock ceiling, then you go down again. You gradually move sideways while doing this, making sure to check EVERY spot in the vicinity. After doing the top half, you must procede to the bottom.

Sprinting is inevidable, for if you do not sprint, you will run out of time. Do the bottom as fast as you can, and pray.

Chapter 3 - Shrooms'

Five shrooms bloom EXACTLY at eight. As you are sprinting around, you may ask "What the hell am I looking for?" Well thats simple, mushrooms! Get it, mushroomers? Hurr hurr! Anyway, they look like little baige stumps with a brown dome with little red spots. They grow by the roots of trees, so they may be hidden between trees.

What you can do is run in between, continuously tapping B, or you could pull out your axe and chop it down, but thats shaving off valuable seconds.

When you see a mushroom, PICK IT UP ASAP! Then do not stop for anything.

If you see a dig point, forget it. If you see the golden spot, remember it, and come back. If you see an awesome leaf in the dump, LEAVE IT FOR LATER.

Chapter 4 - Neighbors

You thought you were the only mushroomer, eh? Well you have another thing coming, my friend. NEIGHBORS. Can't live with em, can't live without em. They are trying to steal YOUR mushrooms. We can't let THAT happen now, can we?

Every fifteen minutes that go by, one of your greedy neighbors will find themselves one of YOUR mushrooms. Thats right, YOUR mushrooms.

You gotta try to collect all five before fifteen minutes pass. (By 8:15 if you want to be successful). Thats tough! Essencially, you have till around 9:15 to gather at least one mushroom. Thats over an hour! Peace o cake, right?

Chapter 5 - Profits $$$

You think people did this just for FUN? Hahaa.. no siree. They SELL Em. Nook buys each mushroom for a whopping 5000 bells. Thats as much as the rare lockjaw fish you can get from fishing, and this is much quicker then trying to find one of those.

If you get all five, thats 25,000 bells added to your account. Multiply that by seven, and thats .. too much for me to count! Actually its 175,000. :P

Chapter 6 - Conclusion

Mushrooming season goes for a week in october, which allows you to make this whopping sum of money. Now you should be a mushrooming PRO! Go out there, and stop reading this guide. Wake up right when dawn breaks and earn those bells! You have officially graduated from Mushrooming school. You should be proud, soldier!

-------

I hope you liked my guide. Thanks for reading it, good luck!
    www.kessnet.tk
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good god, no one cares! :lol:
    www.kessnet.tk
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have gotten 4 each day so far.

So there are only 5 th eentire day? Kinda weak.

Vegas from HELL!!!
    GET OUT OF THE WALLS CHEATER!!!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Well, this morning was the first one when I could do the mushroom hunting. I got three this morning. Not bad, but I'll try to catch more tomorrow morning!

What kinda put a grind to my playing today, tho, is the fact that Tom Nook's store is closed today for expansion. As a result, my house currently looks like a messy aquarium (I have about 6 fish tanks with red snappers, plus another one with a barred knifejaw and one with a coelantrope (I caught two this morning, and gave one to the museum).

The good news is that I've gathered enough big-paying items to pay off the first expansion of my house. So in two days, I'll have a basement!