Seriously? Around here, I can get 5 NES games, or 3/4 SNES games, or 2 N64 games for the same price that I can get one really crappy used Game Boy game (like Bo Jackson's Baseball) or whatever.

Is it because Game Boy games can be played on the GBA? And so people think they're more popular than the others? Or what? I don't figure it's rarity so much, because the Gameboy (and it's iterations) are the highest selling game systems in history. (Or at least it has been that way right?)

It just bugs me, because I'd like to expand my original Game Boy collection, as I have a grand total of 5 or 6 games for it (Mario's Picross, Metroid II, Kirby's Dream Land, Tetris, and something else I can't think of), but I can't see myself shelling out $10 (that I already can't afford) for a monochromatic game that probably has a better version on NES/SNES that I could get for one fifth of the price. I'm fine with paying that much for any good game.. I paid the $10 for Metroid II, because it's a good game. But there's no way I'm going to spend a ten on Bo Jackson's Baseball just to build up my collection when 9 times out of 10, Game Boy games just aren't as good as other games.

Is that just me though? And I'm not talking Gamestop either. I'm talking pawn shops, thrift stores, and the like, and it's not isolated. Every single one of them has that pricing scheme.

So what gives?