Thread: robotron 2084 upright

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default robotron 2084 upright

so my friend calls me up and asks me to sell his robotron 2084 upright for $500. didnt offer it to me first, he got it yesterday for free. should i kick his face in or just go steal it out of his garage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if you kick in his face you might go to jail and no robotron 2084.
    If you steal it out of his garage you might go to jail and no robotron 2084.

Offer him $250.00 you won't go to jail and you might get one of the most kick@ss arcade machines of the early 80's
    Eicay varee', eisee' nardee'
    Can you dig it, yes I can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I would list the ad for him, no problem.

"For sale, the crappiest Robotron machine you've ever seen. There's NO WAY you want this, PLEASE DON'T BID."

After 7 days, low-ball him.

Depending on condition, I've seen those go anywhere from $500-$1200 in the past year.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

offered him $300, he seems cool with it....

we'll see if it pans out though...

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why can I ever luck into things like this? I'd kill for a free Robotron machine.

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this guy just collects crap like that..hes a moron but scronges stuff all the time. some guy gave him a riding mower and another gave him a 1 yr old snow plow for free.

maybe i sounded harsh with 'kick his face in', but hes been in my game room and knows i collect. shouldve offered it to me first, especially because he got it for free. bastard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Just hope that he'll let you take it off his hands for $300. Ever since I got my 4 slot for 350 i have been watching for more cabs. they are like potato chips...once you have one you cant stop. good luck and i hope you get it
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got the robotron system for $300!

looks great in my dining room...all the stuff on it looks original too..i would have to assume that affects the value..just hope it stays working!

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats!

Photo, please! Show off this new jewel in the crown of your collection.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    Just hope that he'll let you take it off his hands for $300. Ever since I got my 4 slot for 350 i have been watching for more cabs. they are like potato chips...once you have one you cant stop. good luck and i hope you get it
    Or crack!

I don't think its right taht he didnt offer it to you. That would've been the right thing to do. My friend got an Atari 2600 box for free, and wont give it (or trade/sell) to me. He likes having something to hold over my head.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Arcade cabinets are indeed addictive. I own 11 now (including two Neo Geos, a single and a dual) and I just can't stop buying them.

I'm at a point now where I'll probably sell off a couple I'm not thrilled about owning and use that money for some other ones, either that or convert a couple of them to different games. It's a shame that 4 player X-Men is in such good shape, it would make a really nice Gauntlet machine

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    Arcade cabinets are indeed addictive. I own 11 now (including two Neo Geos, a single and a dual) and I just can't stop buying them.

I'm at a point now where I'll probably sell off a couple I'm not thrilled about owning and use that money for some other ones, either that or convert a couple of them to different games. It's a shame that 4 player X-Men is in such good shape, it would make a really nice Gauntlet machine
    My machines are beat up, cause I cant afford them otherwise. But there is one right now that i am really intrested in. In the next 2-3 days I am trying to sell off dvds and stuff so I can work up enough money for it. I already sold my FM towns marty for a new arcade game.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all right, i think this might work...

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/xitphuque44/my_photos

the robotron machine should be the last photo in the album. the rest is verification of my excessive purchasing habits that will soon become ebay fodder and my penchant for all variations on a theme. at some point ill climb into the sega closet and get some genesis box variants and stuff, but its a mess in there.

if you cant see the pictures pm me and ill try to fix it again...

im really excited, this is my first upright!

what sucks is i went to an arcade machine auction in december but work was slow and i was broke....neo geo machine(1 slot) $300...about 20 other machines sold relatively cheaply too...i kinda had my heart set on 'off road' but my house is kinda small, and like i said, i was broke.

i had enough money to buy that univid 1000 arcade test console though(see the photos, its in the background of some). i figured that was the coolest thing id probably never see again. and i got an old eprom burner that i paid too much for.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AWESOME. At $300, that's an absolute freakin' STEAL. Well done!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very nice looking machine. Congrats on getting it for $300.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arcades are very much like crack. Brought my third Ms Pac upright home last night. Brings my total cab count to around 30!

Flack, why don't you just buy a Gauntlet board, build a JAMMA adaptor for it, and run it with a MultiJAMMA kit. I had 4 or 5 games in my 4 player X-Men for a long time. Worked like a champ!

98PaceCar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar

Arcades are very much like crack. Brought my third Ms Pac upright home last night. Brings my total cab count to around 30!

Flack, why don't you just buy a Gauntlet board, build a JAMMA adaptor for it, and run it with a MultiJAMMA kit. I had 4 or 5 games in my 4 player X-Men for a long time. Worked like a champ!

98PaceCar
    Hm, two surprises in there. One, I thought Gauntlet WAS JAMMA. And two, I didn't know they had MultiJAMMA kits for JAMMA+ games.

That's one thing about this hobby, there's something new to learn every day! The problem I'm having right now is it's a pain in the ass to get to the back of my machines. This makes swapping out MVS carts and JAMMA boards a pain in the ass because I have to pull them away from the wall with a dolly.

I'm thinking about converting one of my games (maybe my Heavy Barrel machine or possibly my Bucky O'Hare machine) into an old Double Dragon machine. I love that game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hm, two surprises in there. One, I thought Gauntlet WAS JAMMA. And two, I didn't know they had MultiJAMMA kits for JAMMA+ games.

That's one thing about this hobby, there's something new to learn every day! The problem I'm having right now is it's a pain in the ass to get to the back of my machines. This makes swapping out MVS carts and JAMMA boards a pain in the ass because I have to pull them away from the wall with a dolly.

I'm thinking about converting one of my games (maybe my Heavy Barrel machine or possibly my Bucky O'Hare machine) into an old Double Dragon machine. I love that game!
    Nope, not JAMMA unfortunately. Came out right before everybody switched over. I don't think it has any funky power requirements, so it should be a pretty easy conversion.

What you can do with the MultiJAMMA kit (at least with Clay's), is just wire the extra buttons/joysticks directly to each board. You end up with a slew of wire, but in most cases I know of it will work fine. For some reason, if you throw an MK1 board in the mix, it messes things up though. Very strange. But it can be done!

Sounds like you really need a Dynamo for your JAMMA games. I regret trading mine off all the time cause it made swapping JAMMA games a breeze! It is a major pain having to get behind a cab to change things out. That's why I'm boiling my board collection down to the main ones I want and putting them in one of 2 JAMMA cabs I have. One for fighters and one for everything else. Only gives me 8 games per cab, but I won't get bored as quickly. I tend to swap games out of my gameroom every couple months or so anyway, so I can just swap boards then!

Double Dragon is a great game! I just bought that cart for my Playchoice today in fact! Not quite as good a version as the true arcade version, but still pretty cool. Won't take up any extra room either! Now I just have to rebuild the monitors in the PC and I'll be set!

98PaceCar