Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Game Console

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your First Game Console

Well my first system was a super nintendo back in the day. It was christmas eve, and I wanted a sega genesis, so when I got it, I was jaded, but when I played it, it was magical. Me and my sister played for hours. My first game for it was super mario world, which is still one of my favorite games. A couple of days later, I shared the virus to my Sega-Friends.

Share your story of your first game console.
    Games I Am Playing: Animal Crossing, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Mario 64
    Movies I am Watching: The MR. Bill collection, Indiana Jones, Alien
    TV: X-Play

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES. I was REALLY little but it was my first. The first system I rember playing alot though was SNES, and sega Genises.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Well, it was a long time ago, so I'm not entirely sure... but it must have been either the ColecoVision or my older brother's VIC-20. I don't remember when we got either of them, since I was probably only 1 or 2 years old at the time.

The VIC-20 eventually became mine after my brother got a C-64 (And his C64 eventually became mine after my brother got an Amiga).

Other than the VIC-20, the first game system I got that was really mine was a Gameboy, on what was probably the first Christmas that it was available (1989?). We never had a NES, so my parents finally gave in and bought me this and Super Mario Land. I was extremely happy, and I still have the Gameboy in question, still working perfectly fine (although the screen is kinda scratched up by now, and I somehow lost my Tetris cartridge ).

--Zero

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I got my first console at the grand ole age of 11, in early 1987. It was a Coleco Gemini (Atari 2600 clone) that we bought from a friend of mine. I kept it for a few years, but the controller ports in the Gemini were made of metal, and I bent them over time (connecting and disconnecting the joysticks too fast, too often). I remember that I thought that the Gemini's joysticks were at fault, but buying a pair of Atari Pro Joysticks (aka Atari 7800 joysticks) didn't solve the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

First played? NES. First owned? Game Boy, at the age of four. I don't remember opening it on Christmas, though. It wasn't something I was expecting... at all; the thought of a game system belonging to me was something inconceivable.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2600, but i cant remember if it was a 4 or a 6 switch. X-mas 1979...i was 5 ......great.....now i feel old
    My XBL Gamer Tag is : NipRing

MVS 29"CANDY CAB SERIAL: 98515
    Upgrades include 6 Slot MoBo, Oversized Speakers,
    MV-IC Memcard reader w/ Headphone Jacks, UniBios 2.0

I Snatch Kisses...And Vice-Versa

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first game console was an NES. I still have it.... and the box it came in....got it in 1987....I was 4 when we got it.....had to replace the cartridge port last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

I'm sure this isn't the first time I've said this, but it's the NES for me. I grew up on it, I was raised on it, it was my best friend in my childhood, and I've even had it before I was born. It was bought for my brother when my mom was pregnant with me, but I adapted to it faster than he did. I've been playing that lil' grey box ever since I was two... it is almost like a member of the family. Even at fifteen years of age, it is still functioning perfectly today. I hope to have fifteen more years of its service, and then some.

Heartwarming, isn't it? Awwww...
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Strawberry (Level 2) LazingBlazers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

First console bought for me as a gift: NES

First console played: Atari 2600

First console I bought with my hard earned money, and still have to this day with all of my original games:

TURBOGRAFX-16

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES, needless to say I still remember my dad setting it up...interestingly enough it was the only machine he needed to set up for me. oh the cheating the duck hunt...that was before I learned you can control the ducks with the second controller

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Hey, The Collector, we're roughly the same age (you're one year older than me). This thread is starting to feel like I'm having a conversation with my cousins (who are all, except for the youngest one, currently aged between 17 and 21). Come on! Anyone else over 25 who feels like adding their 2 cents?

BTW, the first console I remember playing is the ColecoVision, circa 1983, although I'm told that my uncles also used to have an Intellivision (which I don't remember at all).

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    Hey, The Collector, we're roughly the same age (you're one year older than me). This thread is starting to feel like I'm having a conversation with my cousins (who are all, except for the youngest one, currently aged between 17 and 21). Come on! Anyone else over 25 who feels like adding their 2 cents?

BTW, the first console I remember playing is the ColecoVision, circa 1983, although I'm told that my uncles also used to have an Intellivision (which I don't remember at all).
    They cant really know where gaming is going until they know where is been. Home consoles were so new...Combat was fun!! You'd take what you could get . Spend a few years in the late 70's and then you'll really appreciate Xbox, GC, and the PS2 !

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ooops, double post, sorry

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1978: Dad got me and my brother an Atari 2600 from Sears. Costs $179.99, I still remember the price sticker on it. Came with Air Sea Battle, no combat in Sears at that time. What a blast! We used to bet on who gets to 99 first on all the settings. Ugh, me old too! Then we shelled out 28.00 for Warlords...my brother's choice. I wanted Missile Command, and we fought in the store, so my Dad flipped a coin right there in the store, and he won! Rats! Warlords was cool though.
    Also...I played some little crap-o-la games on the TS-1000 computer, but then I bought a Vic 20 for $99.00 from K-Mart. It was that or the TI 99 4/A.
    Ok...really, the first system we got was PONG BABY! $80.00 for blip blip! That's a lot of money for back then, if you figure inflation into it. My Dad was a really nice guy, eh? Have Fun everyone!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a little embarassed to say that my first game console was an Odyssey2. My mom's friend bought one as well... apparently, Magnovox hired some REALLY good salespeople in our area.
    My first computer was a VIC-20... and I'm not ashamed of that at all! Sure, it was a little underpowered in comparison to its big brother the Commodore 64, but nevertheless, I loved the games on that system. I'm STILL waiting for Wizard of Wor...

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

My first system that I owned and played was a NES Action Set. The first video game system in my house was a Magnavox Odyssey 2...I was little and had no idea what video games were when I got my NES so I had no idea that down in our basement was this Odyssey 2. Of course it is now hooked up along side all my other systems.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first system? Atari 2600 1st generation (plastic case) . And I still have it with the box!! this system rocks!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first system was a woody Atari 2600 which my brother and I got for Christmas '79 (I was 8) then the NES in '86. First system I ever bought myself was the Genesis in '89.
    GameGuru
    Visit Nostalgia Gaming if you like classic gaming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nes for me. It seems like a person's first system is invariably their favourite system today. I'd like to know what percentage of DPer's have a favourite system that is NOT the first one they owned, or is one that they discovered recently (ie: didn't play in childhood).
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First system i played: 2600. I always loved Chopper Command

First system i owned: NES

I got my NES on X-mas 1990 along with Super Mario 3, i didnt stop playing that system untill X-mas '92 when i got a Genesis and Sonic 2.

I still have my orginal Genesis but i long ago sold the orginal NES to a kid down the street...i have since rebought a NES and SMB3

As for favorite, well that would be my Genesis. I've owned it the longest and have the most games and game related memories with it.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz