Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Game Console

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First video game system that I owned: Pong from Sears. I even still have the receipt.

Then, after playing my cousin's Atari 2600, my parents bought me one of those and it's been an obsession ever since!

Dpad Junkies - // Get Your Fix //

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first system: Atari VCS (AKA: 2600)

Favorite system: SNES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was brought up on the colecovision, some of my fav games being congo bongo and donkey kong jr. It was actualy my dads system, and he introduced me to it when I was about 5 years old. I guess gaming runs in my family because in order for me to play a NES I had to go to my uncles house in order to enjoy endless hours of super mario 3, and legend of zelda (my uncle still has a mint NES console w/ tons of mint in box games that I am witing for him to give to me ). In order for me to play a sega genesis I had to go to my grandpas house where I played sonic the hedgehog forever (I have videos of myself playing sonic when I was very young, in that oil level ) He also had a sega cd where I played sonic cd. I eventualy got my own sega genesis and NES. I actualy have my own flatscreen tv for my games in my room as well as an extra tv on another wall so my dad can play genesis while I play my games. He likes games such as zombies ate my neighbors, ms. pac man, risk, monopoly, and especialy dr. robotnics mean bean machine.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first console was a colecovision. I remember me and my dad
    buying it at a kaybee toystore along with a few games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

My first (well the family's first) system was a Coleco Telstar Arcade with one cartridge. That sucker got beat to death. In order to play the gun game toward the end of it's life I had to pull the hammer on the pistol back.

First computer (again, family) was a Color Computer with 16K and Extended Color Basic. I didn't really use it until maybe a year or two later when I started typing in games from Rainbow or Hot CoCo magazines. That thing lasted from its release day until I wanna say 1985 or 1986 when a friend of my Dad's tried to up it to 32K and some solder touched a trace. Bzzzt. Poof. Dad went and got a Color Computer 2 with 64K.

As for personal firsts, my first computer was a TI 99/4A which I (still ashamed) begged for as I never got to use the CoCo as Dad was always on it. Got a stern talking to when all I did with it was play games. After that I learned how to program. What did I program? Games. Oh well, they were happy as long as I learned something by doing it.

My personal first console was a Sega Master System I traded some AD&D books and cash for. Dude tried to weasel out of it after a handshake deal but in the end I won.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First system I played was a colecovision owned by my mom. First system that was all mine was a Nes.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first home console system was the venerable Atari 2600 I remember me and a friend playing asteroids for hours I also thought the Rally racing game with the "paddle" was a great game, still do infact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Intellivision.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atari 2600. I used to love the game with the chicken crossing the road....what was it called, Freeway?
    http://www.2d-x.com
    The best 2D and 2.5D video games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atari 2600, I was 15 when we got it...whoops...just dated myself there.
    visit www.gamerzuniverse.net for reviews and articles about video games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even though the 2600 was my first, I wore out my Colecovision. It couldnt take the play time I guess.
    visit www.gamerzuniverse.net for reviews and articles about video games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first system was an Atari VCS. Way back during Christmas of 1977, I remember running downstairs to see what I got for Christmas. Amidst the tonka trck, tinker toys and erector set, I noticed an unusually large wrapped box. I wanted to open it then and there, but my parents made me wait for my sister. On opening it, much to my amazement, there it was: An Atari; just like what I saw on TV!!! My five year old eyes stared at that system in amazement. I ended up playing it for most of that day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a Nintendo in 1988. I was 6 years old at the time, and we got it at a Montgomery Wards. It was the infamous set that came with Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, 2 controllers, the Zapper and the Zapper light gun. The day we got it one of my friends from the apartment complex we lived at at the time came over and hooked it up for me. I was so clumsy, I kept dying in the first level at SMB1 at the second hole! My friend had to go home after hooking up the Nintendo but he came back an hour later and finally taught me how to run and jump and I was on a roll (although embarrassingly I never was able to beat SMB1 until I played it on Super Mario All-Stars for SNES, although I did beat my share of NES games).

The NES lasted quite a while, and I loved it. My friend who helped me hook it up had a Sega Master System, and I got to play that a bit. He later sold it and bought a Super NES. In late 1992, I got a Super NES myself, with two controllers and Super Mario World. It was the first system I hooked up myself. I then gave the NES to my younger brother, which he used until he got a Genesis with The Lion King as the pack-in game in 1994. My cousin had a Sega Genesis with the Sega CD, and he later bought a Jaguar, so I got to spend some time with those systems until he eventually sold them and got an N64.

I still have the Super NES, and to this day it is my favorite console (PS2 and NES behind that). I originally predicted that it would last until the year 2000, and today I laugh at that. We kept the NES until 1995 or so when it would hardly load any games and finally broke for good. It was hard letting it go, but my parents figured that since I had a SNES and my brother had a Genesis none of us were playing the NES anyways. So we sold the games, and I think we wound up selling the NES at a garage sale to some guy who wanted to fix it for himself, but I'm not exactly sure. It was hard letting it go.

In 2000, my brother sold his Genesis and all the games and bought an N64. I miss the Genesis as well.

I know this is pretty long, but once I got going I couldn't stop.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was born in 1985, and started gaming when I was about 3 or 4 when we got our 286 PC in 1989.

No 8-bit machines here...no sir-ee! We had a state of the art 286PC. 16MHz in turbo mode! Oh yeah!!!

I considered what I saw of the Master System and NES to be inferior compared to our PC's 256 color graphics, 16-bit sound, etc.

I was totally into PC's.

Roll on 1995......our 286 had not been updated, yet my desire for gaming was growing. Seeing as Dad wouldn't update the PC, I turned to consoles of the time (i.e. Mega Drive and Super NES).

I wanted a games console - and I didn't really care which, but I was leaning more towards a SNES seeing as all my friends had one and figured I may as well also get one.

My parents wouldn't buy a SNES for me at all. I was left to my own devices. I pooled together all my pocket and birthday money from that year and then set out to buy a SNES.

The big day: September 9th 1995 - I got my SNES with two controllers and Super Mario All-Stars for $209 AU. That day I switched to consoles and have never looked back.

So, whilst my roots are in PC's - my fondness is for consoles.

First console: SNES

Favourite console: Dreamcast, followed by SNES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My first console nes

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    Intellivision.
    YAY! me too.

Qbert
    Kirby's my bitch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unsurprisingly, it was Odyssey2 for me. Magnavox had a distribution deal with GTE (General Telephone) back then, and GTE employees could purchase Magnavox and Sylvania items at a discount. My mother worked for GTE, so there you have it. I guess I got my O2 in 1980 or '81. I seem to remember playing a borrowed O2 before that, but I was too young to remember clearly (was born in '75).

Magnavox's distribution schemes really made the O2 a "regional" console. In my neck of the woods (Southern Ohio), I knew more people who owned O2s than people who owned 2600s!
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey˛ Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

First video game I ever owned was Game & Watch Donkey Kong Hockey. Bought one on Ebay a few years ago just for nostalgia (it's the only G&W I own)

First console was an NES that my dad bought secondhand from a friend he worked with. Came with Contra and Skate or Die.

When I decided to start collecting, coincidentally enough, the first console I bought again was the NES.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Atari 2600 for me.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mine was the NES.