Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Game Console

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first system I ever played was the Atari 800xl. I didn't know how to operate it well since we only had about 8 cartridges for it and 100+ games copied on tons of floppies. So I would look foward to seeing my good ol' half brothers on the weekend when we'd sit there and load up the games off floppy and have gaming bliss all weekend.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Nes for me. It seems like a person's first system is invariably their favourite system today. I'd like to know what percentage of DPer's have a favourite system that is NOT the first one they owned, or is one that they discovered recently (ie: didn't play in childhood).
    My first console was an Nintendo 64, and it's not my favorite. my favorite would have to be...Playstation One or Dreamcast.

Like I said my first console was an N64, back in '99. Yeah, Yeah I haven't been gaming THAT long but I still love it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES, I was too young for the other systems.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first game system I owned/played was a hand-me-down from my uncle (brother really since my grandparents adopted me when I was born...) It was the brown one... With probably about 10 games. I really loved it. I had it hooked up to this strange contraption of a 5 1/2 inche B&wtv/tape deck/ radio/alarm clock device! I was about 10 or 11. My neighbors started getting NES at the time and I really wanted one SO badly. My grandmother was a crossing guard at a high school near out block and there were a couple kids who would sell her atari games for a buck or two a pop constantly. Everyday when I got home from school there would be a couple of atari games on the kitchen table! In a couple of months I had close to 100 I would think. But I really wanted a NES. This was a little bit before X-mas. I asked for a NES and when I opened up the big box under the tree I found an atari 7800!!! I guess a grandmother walking into a toys r us just asked for the latest atari or something. I didn't mind because I got Ms. Pac Man with and I think food fight. But I was still playing it on that 5 1/2 inch black and white tv!! My birthday is in february, and I asked my grandmother to get me a NES. My birthday comes along and I thought for sure i'd get the nes and there was a huge box wrapped up... it looked to be what i thought a nes would be the size of. i opened it up, i shit you not, it was a pair of roller skates with geoffrey the giraffe from toy's r' us on the side!!! i was like oh. okay. i was kinda sad but i was like well whatever. i went into my room and started doing my homework and she came in and gave me the keys to the to her car and told me my real present was in the trunk of the car. I ran downstairs and it wasn't even wrapped!! it was the nes, THE POWER PAD pack i was so excited. Of course I played mario and duck hunt first... my nearly blind grandfather at that time played duck hunt with me!! it was so much fun and probably one of the best memories I have of him to this day. the power pad was tons of fun but our downstairs neighbors complained when i played hahaha. so i guess the nes would be my fav. though after that i used to go to flea markets as a kid (my grandparents friends and neighbors would give me their crap)... id set it all up at a table, and as soon as i made enough for a game id run out and buy one... i got a genesis a couple of x-mas's later... loved it. great memories from that... the summer before starting high school i wanted a SNES so bad. i told my grandmother that if she didnt buy me a snes I wouldnt go to high school. i sound like a brat. but she was the crossing guard AT the high school i was attending that september... I was trying anything i could for her not to be there. she took me to the side and told me that I was being mean and that she was going to buy me the SNES but that she was disappointed that I was embarrassed of her working there. really at the time i was so happy. to get a snes and not having my grandmother working as the crossing guard outside of my high school that I would be a freshman at. okay long story short. her son (biological son), moves into my room when i was in college... sells everything i collected for drug money. ugh. that was when i gave up on video gaming. i only recently picked the hobby up again about a year ago and now working backwards... my last investment was a dreamcast and a gameboy sp.. sorry for the rant... feeling kind of emotional today!

but the NES days were my favorite... I guess because it had a lot of friends involved... another question, do a lot of people here play games alone or do you have gaming buddies? pretty much no one I know likes to play games or just sees it as kind of lame.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SNES...bought it with my own money...which was a lot for me back then
    What i need: SNES games and a few 32x!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first console was the Atari 2600. Ahh the good old days of playing Spider Fighter, Joust, Space Invaders, Frogs & Flies and many more.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default First system

My First console was a Nintendo NES, Christmas of '89. I was 5 [almost 6, my birthday is two weeks after christmas]. I remember Religiously playing Mario 3 over and over again when it came out a year later, determined to find every secret by myself... Looking back, its amazing I had as many good games as I did, since I just got what looked cool. I did miss a lot of good stuff though... [making up for that now ]

First system I bought myself.... Gameboy Advance [day it came out]

Lets see....

NES - Christmas '89
    Gameboy - Christmas '90
    Sega Genesis - Christmas '93
    Sega CD - Christmas '95
    Sega 32x - Christmas '95
    Sega Saturn - Christmas '96

After the string of failed sega systems I burned out for a few years and returned to PC.

Gameboy Advance - June '00
    Xbox - Christmas '01
    Nintendo Gamecube - March '03
    Gameboy Advance SP - May '03

Dreamcast - June '03
    SNES - June '03
    NES collecting began in June '03 as well

Atari 7800 - October '03
    Playstation 2 - Christmas '03
    Nintendo 64 - March '04

Sega Master System - May '04
    Colecovision - June '04
    Sega Game Gear - June '04

The Game gear was yesterday.... The NES has been my personal favorite, but the Master System is fast catching up. I agree with some of the earlier posters, though, that usually its the first generation of systems you owned that becomes your favorite.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Game Boy Baby!
    Playing:Crazy Taxi 3(this game rocks)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first console I've ever play was my aunt's ColecoVision and I was really really young, but I was fascinated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow.. missed this one

We were an INTELEVision Family. I remember wanting the VGC but back then the game console was a FIXTURE for the family. It was PROUDLY displayed with the TV!

I remember after playing Astrosmash for 12 hours and finally breaking my old record score (it was up there! but it wasn't anything like a world record) my dad said, and I quote, "I'm worried about you son."
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon
    Wow.. missed this one

We were an INTELEVision Family. I remember wanting the VGC but back then the game console was a FIXTURE for the family. It was PROUDLY displayed with the TV! Dad was apparently a Plimpton fan.

I remember after playing Astrosmash for 12 hours and finally breaking my old record score (it was up there! but it wasn't anything like a world record) my dad said, and I quote, "I'm worried about you son."

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ack! no edit! Mod to DELETION! MOD to DELETION!! This is Raedon!!

CODE RED CODE RED *WHAAWHAAWHAA*

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Commodore 64 when I was 5 years old playing GI Joe, Gauntlet, Gremlins, and some Muppet game...yet it was my brother's...so I got my first system in Summer of 1986...the Sega Master System with Hang-On, Safari Hunt, and Double Dragon....Double Dragon all the way..I loved that Master System to death...Spy Vs. Spy and Shinobi were the only two titles I played the most

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my first home system was the nes.i got it for x-mas,it was the set that came with r.o.b and gyromite,duckhunt and the gun,and 2 controllers.i still have it,along with all my other systems.i remember asking for excitebike and pro wrestling to go along with it,but only got the system with gyromite and duckhunt at x-mas.i ended up getting a paper route just to buy those two games.i was a arcade brat before that,but once the nes came out(and zelda),i was hooked and have been ever since.i wouldnt have it any other way.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my first home system was the nes.i got it for x-mas,it was the set that came with r.o.b and gyromite,duckhunt and the gun,and 2 controllers.i still have it,along with all my other systems.i remember asking for excitebike and pro wrestling to go along with it,but only got the system with gyromite and duckhunt at x-mas.i ended up getting a paper route just to buy those two games.i was a arcade brat before that,but once the nes came out(and zelda),i was hooked and have been ever since.i wouldnt have it any other way.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first "console" was a home pong type setup (i was to young to remeber what model or who made it). Other then that i remeber getting a nes on christmas of 86 and playing mario and dunk hunt all day. Sigh good times.

I also got some art mario paint type thing that same christmas. I think it was made by ljn. Anyone know/remember what it could be?
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first console was the NES at 2 years old, which was around 1991. My first portable system was the Game Gear. Ahh memories...

The NES gave out (typical) when I was 5, but then I got a top-loader when I was 6 and another front-loader last September (which is now my main NES). The Game Gear is still around, but I "killed" it by cramming down a piece of a peanut butter sandwich down the cart port when I was around 5. My dad got a replacement GG in 1995, which is the GG I still play.
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAYABLE IN THE GAME
    My collection

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got an Snes when I was 6 or 7.
    Cryptopsy!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES
    I haven't got time for this mickey mouse bullshit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first I owned was the SNES, but from very early on I wanted the original NES, and my parent couldn't understand why.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026