Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNES hotel system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SNES hotel system

I searched the web, but could not find any concrete information about that. This week I have been in a hotel in Germany which had the usual TV set on each room, with cable programs, some pay tv programs (2 movies and 2 pr0n movies, and NO, I did not watch them :P ), AND, eight SNES games!!!

There was a grey control pad attached to the TV set, and when you press the "Info" button on the TV remote control, you would have a menu where you could select one of the eight SNES games. The games were Tetris, Dr. Mario, F-Zero, Hole In One Golf, Super Punch-Out, Super MKetroid, Wario's Woods and The Legend Of Zelda.

Unfortunately the games did not work - no matter which game I selected, I could only see a screen of Super Punch-Out, but there was no reaction, no matter which button I pressed on the pad.

Unfortunately I was too fainthearted to take the controller with me but I have a picture of the pad and the instructions.

Does anyone have more info on that system?
    Visit the Classic Consoles Center: www.classic-consoles-center.at
    Huge European trade list!

Das taugt mir!

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the way back from the Classic Gaming Expo in 2002, I stayed in a hotel that had one (Made by LodgeNet?) It had 15 games on it though, 12 SNES games, and 3 homebrew titles (Tic-Tac-Toe, Hangman, and something else). You had to pay to play it though (Don't remember the price).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was younger, I went to a hotel that had a similar setup. They had about 15 games, and you phoned to the front desk to get an hour of play (really expensive, as I recall, something like 8 dollars an hour). I was not really impressed with the setup.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there IS info on the web about this, i read a few webpages (also the official one from the supplier of these systems) about it, but i can't find them right now

which hotel in germany was it? i live in germany so i might try to check that out
    -Jan

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I've seen something like DDCecil has, instead of SNES, it was N64 games. It was just a controller attached to the TV. I imagine the system isn't a system at all, but just part of a cable network system in the hotel, and it feeds, most likely, ROMs and an emu to you to play on. This is probably what the SNES system ccc found.

I'd also think that the controller, N64 and SNES, will be somewhat rare in the future. If I wasn't on business at the time, I would have definitely yanked the N64 controller....

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this is a different system, because it has only 8 SNES games and of course it is in PAL format. You have to pay too, one hour costs 13 Euros afair!!!
    Visit the Classic Consoles Center: www.classic-consoles-center.at
    Huge European trade list!

Das taugt mir!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DDCecil
    On the way back from the Classic Gaming Expo in 2002, I stayed in a hotel that had one (Made by LodgeNet?)
    Yes, I've seen those as well. Controller port is a phone jack in the unit :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

LodgeNet also has a newer system with N64 games; when I checked their website (in 1999) they had that system listed

Also, there's some sort of Interactive TV thing in Britain that can play PSX games. I've got an in-room flyer for movies and games that mentions it (swiped it from me room )

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too have seen one of these, but it was a Playstation unit. I was in Vancouver at the time and they had it. I think it was 10 games with 2 Tony Hawks, Tomb Raider 2, and some others.

It was $15 Canadian per hour on it though.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default s

http://www.lodgenet.com/

Last March there was an N64 Hotel unit made by Lodgenet at a ski resort I was staying at. It was an N64 controller that I think just connected to an (I could be wrong) F-type cable jack on the back of the TV...maybe it was hardwired...I dunno, but it had acouple extra buttons to pull up a menu of about 24 N64 games. I believe it was fed by a cable (F-type) from the wall to the TV. It said it was a $30 fee if you steal it...I shoulda, but figured I could buy them from Lodgenet....you can't. I called them and they will only sell to hotels....wouldn't even give me prices, pamphlets, nada. Real jerks.

I'm almost positive they made the SNES units too.

Now who made the in-plane SNES units?

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flying back on malisien airlines they had snes and it had a good amount of games
    So you think your a Dj? Go to My Djset.com and upload your mix, See if your good enough for the real world!
    Stuff for Sale

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol... i was in florida a while back, and stayed in a hotel that had the SNES games in the room (you had to call the desk and ask them to turn it on, but it wasn't cheap, as i recall), and they had a small arcade off the restaurant area with among other things, a play choice 10 arcade setup. i was sort of wishing i had a shrink way and that invisible cloak i was inventing at the the time until the money ran out, lol.

and btw, most, if not all hotel supply companies will NOT sell anything nique like that to the general public (unless of course, you're some sort of celebrity skrillionaire who wants something no one else has)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This would be cool if you could plug your own memory card in. Otherwise, what is the point in playing games like Tomb Raider, Zelda, etc..

I can see someone playing Tetris, Dr. Mario, or a game along those lines, but otherwise...

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    This would be cool if you could plug your own memory card in. Otherwise, what is the point in playing games like Tomb Raider, Zelda, etc..

I can see someone playing Tetris, Dr. Mario, or a game along those lines, but otherwise...
    well, the play choice 10 had super mario and actraiser on it (i think it was the action scenes alone, but i got a laugh when i saw that as a selection), and i'd LOVE to see anyone finish those games on a quarter, lol...

i think the idea was to give the kids something to do for a few minutes while the parents were getting ready for the dinner engamement or theme park visit. at those ridiculous prices, who'd want to stay on for an hour anyway?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't understand the double standard.

I've seen PlayStation at a Howard Inn in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Also, there was an SNES Lodgenet at a hotel in Baltimore. These things are cool but--as has been mentioned--aren't worth the money. I wish they were free... That would be enough to sway me.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why didnt you take the hotel snes?!? You paid to stay there and it didn't even work! You should have carried it out the window.
    Midwest

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Virgin Atlantic also has SNES games in-flight. I don't know who makes them, though.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually tried the SNES lodgenet once. It was fun but I had to pay like 7.00 for an hour but the games were good. I rember playing Super Mario All-Stars.
    Games I Am Playing: Animal Crossing, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Mario 64
    Movies I am Watching: The MR. Bill collection, Indiana Jones, Alien
    TV: X-Play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ack, I knew I should've written down what was available when I was there! There were a couple custom-made "games" - postcard in the name of at least one of them - that didn't look interesting at all. I'm pretty positive Donkey Kong Country was one, as well.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    Why didnt you take the hotel snes?!? You paid to stay there and it didn't even work! You should have carried it out the window.
    er...yah. right. impossible, because it's not a physical snes system, and hotels have a license to shoot stupid people