Thread: I finally got a Digital Camera (warning PICS)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I finally got a Digital Camera (warning PICS)

Well I broke down today and bought a digital camera. to test it out I took some pics of my room of doom...Hopefully I reduced the size and such that this doesn't take forever to load anyway enjoy.

This is my main gaming area...most of my consoles, though a few have been moved in the bedroom

This is the bulk of my games. PS1, NES, SNES, and GB stuff in the 6 footer, 3DO, N64, and xbox stuff next to it and PS2 and GC stuff on the far right

This is where my sega games reside, SMS, Genesis, 32x, SegaCD, Saturn, and Dreamcast....if you look close you can see my TG-16 Collection has moved in on the bottom.

This pic is dark so I don't know if you can get the full effect, but some people ask "how to display a centerpiece game" Well I put mine in a glass case with a mirrored background and black felt base...it's looks sweet in my entertainment center....BTW...yes it does come out to play, and doesn't sit there all by it's lonesome.

I have some more games, but they're boxed up at the moment...I have pretty much run out of shelf space, so Neo-geo, and Atari 2600 stuff is currently without a home, but I'm planning on moving into a new house at which point I will go to work on my "Room of Doom".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i love your centerpiece....very nice case for a very nice cart.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

That is an interesting set-up for all of your consoles out on the floor like that. The more I think about it though the more it makes sense. Must be super easy to access and extends the length of the controller cord to the couch or wherever else you're sitting, presumably. Tip of the hat to that, sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    I agree. It's great to see a game as rare as that one displayed in all its glory.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quintracker
    Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    I agree. It's great to see a game as rare as that one displayed in all its glory.
    I also agree. I was going to do taht if I got a Famicom SP. Nice display, I like it.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is an interesting set-up for all of your consoles out on the floor like that. The more I think about it though the more it makes sense. Must be super easy to access and extends the length of the controller cord to the couch or wherever else you're sitting, presumably. Tip of the hat to that, sir.
    Yea, I used the switch boxes and RCA cables to move all the systems about 6 or 7 feet away from my entertaiment center. It's then only about a 4 feet gap between the systems and my couch, and chairs....Though I'm very lazy, note that I still have Wavebirds for my cube ...I'd like to make a custum table that I could put in the room to hold the systems and eventually hide all the cords running around the place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst
    I'm not completely sure, but I thought I heard something about it being dangerous having electrical equipment (computers, game systems, etc) on a rug or a carpet. Any truth to it? But the one thing I do know for sure is that centerpiece is indeed kickass.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by udisi
    Yea, I used the switch boxes and RCA cables to move all the systems about 6 or 7 feet away from my entertaiment center. It's then only about a 4 feet gap between the systems and my couch, and chairs....Though I'm very lazy, note that I still have Wavebirds for my cube ...I'd like to make a custum table that I could put in the room to hold the systems and eventually hide all the cords running around the place.
    An ideal solution in my opinion would be to route the cords under the floor and up to the television. It'd be curious to have a hole bored in the middle of a room for this but if you're going to dedicate an area to gaming, may as well go all out. That custom table would help obscure it.

Most entertainment centers with compartments flanking the television don't appeal to me because then you've got controller cords dangling from the sides and you can't sit too far from the display.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    I'm not completely sure, but I thought I heard something about it being dangerous having electrical equipment (computers, game systems, etc) on a rug or a carpet. Any truth to it?
    It's not a great thing, no, but I don't imagine udisi is the type of person to rub his consoles across the floor while making 'vroom-vroom' noises with flapping lips.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

nice but you forgot the pic of your tv

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty nice looking stuff ya go there Also, the idea about setting up a small cabinet to hold the goods and hide the wires. There's really only two things you would have to worry about (*I think*) You could build a coffee table that would presumably be somewhat squarish, router the top and everything so it looked real nice. and facing the couch would be an opening, find decent demensions to make each section. Don't make them system specific as that would be be limiting to anything new that came out. Then, on the other side make a hinged door with a locking latch that wasn't invading, something hidable...like maybe an arcade door latch. put a small gap, 6-8 inches, between the door and the back of your slots for your systems. You could put a bottom in this section to protect wires when maybe sliding the unit if you feel the need. Bolt a couple power strips or whatever suits your fancy but fit everything in so it can run out on one extension cord and a thick one at that. then you just run all your wires in the back and run them through the holes that you put in the back of the slot. Also, make the slot plenty deep enough...never know what the future may hold. I would make them 12-18 inches deep atleast. Anyways, I think I may have found my perfect solution to the chaos of games and systems everywhere. Also, If you wanted, You could put a hinged lid on this "coffee table" on the whole top or on one section(one sec. would be easier so you don't have to clear it off should you need to open it) and you could store your controllers in there. Then you could use your existing entertainment center for just games. Way off topic but somewhat suiting

EDIT: Nearly forgot, the only other thing running from this unit would be your A/V cable to your tube. Preferably one that has good length and S-video at the very least. This would be a fitting situation for a real long Monster cable!