Thread: The best time to collect for current systems or what?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The best time to collect for current systems or what?

I have one Take2Video outlet and 5 pawn shops in town. I must find used 1 year old PS2, Xbox and Gamecube games for around $15 a piece or cheaper and I can usually find all Dreamcast games for $5. They usually have everything with them and the booklets usually never even have a crease. Anyone here ever stop and think what a great time it is to collect for these systems? Yeah I know they are new so they probably don't appeal to as many people here as the older systems but can you imagine if it was like this during NES, SNES and Genesis days? I'd have tons of these games still boxed if it was like this back then. I think it was talked about in another post but prices for these games never dropped like this until long after the systems were dead.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, I currently collect for all new systems along with old. Dreamcast is long overdue to start collecting on because the games are cheap.

PS2, you can get cheapest....as low as 5.00 for me. Xbox games go as low as 5.00 also but usualy closer to 8-10, Gamecube will be the hardest...finding games below 10 is luck.

I currently have 150 PS2 games, and close to 40 for Gamecube and 40 for Xbox. Might as well start whever you can get em cheap. I buy any game I don't have that is 5.00.

Start checking out www.cheapassgamer.com on a regular basis for good gaming deals and heads up on store clearances. I hear that P.N. 03 for Gamecube is currently 9.99 at Best Buy. In other words, ready, set....GO!

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not so much collecting for the newer systems, I just get what I like. They're definitly my 'gamer' systems.

The newest system I truly collect for is the Sega Saturn. Then 32X, and all the 16-bit systems. That's it pretty much. However a fun game cheap is always welcome in my house

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I pick up the games that get high ratings from the reviewers when they go on clearance if I don't have a huge desire to play them right away. I usually will pick up the good 2D games up right away because I always think they are going to be gone and I'll have a hard time finding a copy. Kinda like Castlevania symphony of the night for the Playstation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i do grab every gamecube game <=10.00, you won't get them much cheaper ever, at least not in the next 5 years

i'm hoping that i will have 1/3 of all gc games when the gc dies, then i'll get as much as i can on clearance sales, that is if the gc2 is not compatible with gc.

with this method i should have a complete gc collection before the gc3 arrives
    -Jan