Thread: DIE FUGGIN CONTROLLER!(Cheap Genesis moments)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DIE FUGGIN CONTROLLER!(Cheap Genesis moments)

Name some moents or at least a game that actually made u break a controller beyond repair or atleast glitched it up so bad it was worthless.

I once snappeda controller in half in Ren and Stimpy, in that level where your going ona bike and u keep hitting shit.

And out of this World made me smash a controller against the ceiling after I threw it there.

Strawberry (Level 2) LazingBlazers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

I don't know if I can claim to be the King, but you can call me the Prince of Demolition when it comes to this.

No specific moments immediately come to mind, but I have broken so many controllers and systems it's not even funny. I have almost completely stopped this immature practice, but some highlights from my career include:

- Axe kicking a TurboGrafx controller and breaking it.

- Holding a Genesis down with one hand, and palm fisting the game cartridge in half while it was still in the system.

- Doing the above mentioned to a SNES.

- Just outright stomping a Genesis to smithereens.

- Stomping numerous N64 controllers.

- Whipping countless controllers across the room.

- Doing the whirlybird with countless controllers and smashing them into stuff, mainly systems.

- Punched in the speaker grates on a TV I used to have.

I haven't really done anything like this in the better part of 5 years, though. I'm proud of myself. You play MUCH better if you keep your composure.

Pretty funny topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Revenge of Shinobi: Stage 7-1. Is that stage even feasible without the Jitsu of Fushin?

Contra: Hard Corps: Jungle Stage Boss. God, I hate that bastard. Does it EVER die?!?

Thunderforce IV: Level 8. I'm all for midbosses, but even I have to admit, this stage goes berserk with them. And they're all quite difficult. Of course, the big boss is the hardest of them all. I think this area of the game is harder than the last two stages! OUCH! x_x

Alien Soldier: Level 20. SEVEN FORCE! YEEEEAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Splatterhouse 3: *points to avatar, then sig* Creepy possessed teddy boss. Nuff said. My avatar's probably going to change within the next few days though, so let me just say that the third boss of SH3 is a BASTARD! And he's my favorite boss in the game. Go figure.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

I'm a pretty calm person so I have never broken anything like that. Even when I am driving I don't ever beep the horn at asshole drivers....I just let them go. Shit like that doesn't bother me and I don't really get mad too easy.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I broke a N64 controller in 3 pieces 1 time playing goldeneye. Then I thought I was literally goona pass out from anger.

Ive had to restrain myself countless times from smashing my SP into nothing when playing Metroid Fusion (boss battles lol)

"Fear our 3 diffrent kinds of ships" - Space Invaders

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i havent broken any of my controllers.. fully...

one of my cheap 3rd party controllers i threw at something and cracked it and it has jingling pieces on the inside now.. because of some game..

also i used to slam the shit out of my genesis controller onto the floor.. i'm guessing it was probably from... either lion king, toe jam and earl, or one of the other few genesis games i had

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was at the end of completing the arcade mode on v-hard for the original Gran Turismo. My dual-shock had given up the ghost so I was using a super cheapo clear plastic 3rd party controller with just a d-pad. I just couldn't nail the final races, the AI was being cheap. I winged that sucker at the ground.....and it shattered. The buttons were hanging by their wire loom without anything attached to them. I had done the whole thing in one sitting and so there were HOURS of gameplay....and no way to save since I had no other controller. I learned a lesson that day.

Since then I've only been mad enough to wing a Cube controller once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd never damage or destroy my stuff. If I get frustrated, I just shut the system off.
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAYABLE IN THE GAME
    My collection

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nowadays I am fine about anger management.. but like many years back.. I was a madman.. like 3 or 4 years ago I threw a N64 Controller at a dresser, and the L button came apart, and screws came apart as well

I once threw a chair at the wall due to a game, hmm what was that game? I never can remember the games that piss me off.

I once twisted a controller in half, then it snapped.

I remember getting mad at Snake Rattle n Roll, that game is insanley hard in the very end. The final stage is a nightmare.. such a nightmare, I've only ever beaten the game once in my life.. and what does it do when you beat it? IT simply does the same thing as if you died.

way way back, when I was about 9, I broke a NES advantage controller by hitting the button so hard it stoped working (I think Ghostusters was to blame).. IT was kinda funny though, I would be mean and let like my friend use it, and then they could never get past the first goomba on mario bros... ha ha ha ha.

I am glad games like Metroid Prime didn't exsist back then.. grrr, hard mode, I hate hard mode.. so evil. Especialy phazon mines, man thats just crazy..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At a much younger age, I slammed my Super Nintendo controller on the floor many times during different moments of frustration on various games. Eventually, the poor thing cracked open on the sides, and then one day, it just stopped working. I also had a few crappy third party SNES controllers go bad, but that was on their own. For some odd reason, imo, 95% of third party SNES controllers are poorly made.

In fact, I've been through 6 controllers on the SNES...right now, I have one that works completely fine, and one, which for some reason, goes berzerk. I'd press Y or something and a game would pause like you pressed the start button. And the L and R buttons only seem to work when they want to. I'm looking for a replacement so I can trash it.

But I have matured long since. Why be angry about a game?

When I was a freshman in high school, I had a friend who got grounded from his N64 for two weeks because his mom caught him slamming his N64 controller to the ground after losing a Turok game.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good topic. SMB3, if I screwed up too many times. Guess where the controller goes.....straight to the system. And boy was I mad when the system didn't screw up

Other than that, i'm pretty tame now(not on the road) but my buddy was having a bad night a couple days ago and was playing another friend in NCAA 2004, and he was holding him off until the end of the 3rd. He got 2 TD's down, smoked on a return and he smashed the controller into the ground and cracked the center open a little but still usable. The next TD on him, he just kept smashing it into the floor. My other friend told him if he knew his night was that bad......he woulda let him win

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is the funniest topic I've read in a long time - I especially enjoyed the poster who described palm smacking a cartrdige in half while it was still in the console.

Anyway, for some reason I've never crossed the line and done damage BUT my cousin married a pro baseball player in the 80's - the ball player used to get so pissed at his NES that he would rip the thing away from the tv and smash it against the wall. When he calmed down he'd go to his closet and take out another new, boxed NES and hook it up..start playing again. I understand he always has several new NES's on hand in case he got upset...or so the story goes (my brother was witness).

EW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only thing I can remember breaking was accidental, and it was an Amiga joystick whilst playing Rainbow Islands, thanks to having to push up to jump.