Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Before I could give refund buyer left negative. How respond?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Before I could give refund buyer left negative. How respond?

Complaint: The game was not new..case was broken..im VERY disappointed in my purchase...

The game was Final Fantasy 7 and was sealed in plastic and flawless. Guess it was damaged in the mail? (I shipped in padded envelope) But instead of asking for refund he left a negative.

How would you respond?
    Wakka Wakka Wakka - CHOMP -
    NINTENDO: NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER
    "Have You Played Atari Today?"

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well either be vindictive and leave a negative ......

Or do the right thing and leave a positive since he fulfilled his part of the contract by paying for the item he bought.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm

I have had this trouble before (although in my case the seller only left a neutral .. and it was for almost the same reason). You can respond to any feedback you receive, so I would make a response to that one. I also emailed the buyer (who was fairly new) and complained about their behaviour .. and they apologised to me.

Beyond that, there's not much you can do. Unless you want to leave "revenge" feedback. But I don't go in for that ... once someone has paid me, I will leave them good feedback.

Vroomfunkel

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This just happened to me also...it's pretty crappy.

What I did I left a response saying "Why dont you ask for a refund before leaving a negative?"

Then I left a follow up on the positive I already left him saying "Too quick to leave negative feedback when a problem occurs...avoid this ebayer"

When people do this, and fuck up my feedback, I don't help them. If they wanted help or a refund they'd have asked first. Once they do this they shoot themselves in the ass IMO.

I'd leave him a negative if you havent left any feedback yet because they were too quick to leave negative and not ask for help when a problem occured. feedback is there for the entire transaction, not just if the buyer paid or not. I'd say this warrants a negative on there part...it's a lesson they need to learn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Then I left a follow up on the positive I already left him saying "Too quick to leave negative feedback when a problem occurs...avoid this ebayer"

How the heck do you follow up on the feedback you've already left.

I've never figured out how to do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How the heck do you follow up on the feedback you've already left.

I've never figured out how to do that.
    Click on "services" at the top of any ebay page. Then scroll down and click on the link "feedback forum". Right near the top of the next page will be a box that says "useful links". Here you can click "reply to feedback received" or "follow up to feedback left".
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He really should have contacted you before leaving negative feedback but at the same time it wasnt too bright to ship a brand new game in only a padded envelope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Just leave them positive feedback and put a response to the negative in your feedback. I mean, they did pay you and there is nothing you can to about the negative you already received so just be nice and forget about it. Thats what I did for the one negative that I do have.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've had this problem in the past aswell - I sent a game that was damaged in the post through no fault of my own, and without bothering to contact me first, the buyer left a neg.
    Again, I'd already left them positive after receiving payment, so all I could do was respond to their neg saying "I would have offered refund if you'd bothered to contact me first". I also emailed them saying the same thing, but adding "but since you didn't, then go screw yourself". Which probably wasn't the wisest move, but nothing further came of it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    He really should have contacted you before leaving negative feedback but at the same time it wasnt too bright to ship a brand new game in only a padded envelope.
    How should I have shipped? I often get games from amazon/eb/bestbuy in just padded envelopes!

"Too quick to leave negative feedback when a problem occurs...avoid this ebayer" is what I added to previous positive.
    Wakka Wakka Wakka - CHOMP -
    NINTENDO: NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER
    "Have You Played Atari Today?"

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    Just leave them positive feedback and put a response to the negative in your feedback. I mean, they did pay you and there is nothing you can to about the negative you already received so just be nice and forget about it. Thats what I did for the one negative that I do have.
    I have to disagree agian, feedback is there for the entire transaction...NOT just for if the buyer paid or not.

For instance, the buyer pays promtly and everything goes smoothly. Then the buyer DEMANDS he has it next day and when you say it's not possible he cusses you out and leaves negative. Will you then leave a positive feedback?

I know it's just one of the many occurences that can happen, but just because someone pays that doesnt mean they deserve a positive. If they act like an ass hole then that needs to be noted in the feedback. Wheter in negative or neutral form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    [
    I have to disagree agian, feedback is there for the entire transaction...NOT just for if the buyer paid or not.

I know it's just one of the many occurences that can happen, but just because someone pays that doesnt mean they deserve a positive. If they act like an ass hole then that needs to be noted in the feedback. Wheter in negative or neutral form.
    But what you're talking about is leaving retaliatory feedback.

This buyer did nothing wrong. He paid and he got a crushed , not new , item. The negative was well deserved. Don't ship a New item that could be crushed in a padded envelope.

The example you gave would be different then what happened here. In that case , yea a negative might be warranted.

But in this case if you leave a negative for him , you are just being a baby.
    Face up to the fact you made a mistake and get on with your life.

Oh and this isn't directed at you farfel. You handled it the right way.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran

This buyer did nothing wrong. He paid and he got a crushed , not new , item. The negative was well deserved. Don't ship a New item that could be crushed in a padded envelope.
    But he did do something wrong. Instead of contacting the seller, he skipped that and left the negative. Doesn't eBay tell you to handle and work things out before it comes to leaving negative feedback? Clearly, farfel was willing and able to rectify his error, and the buyer didn't try all routes to get compensation for himself. He just assumed that there would be none, and moved on. He could have even bitched farfel out if it bothered him that much, in which farfel would have tried to fix things.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd

But he did do something wrong. Instead of contacting the seller, he skipped that and left the negative. Doesn't eBay tell you to handle and work things out before it comes to leaving negative feedback? Clearly, farfel was willing and able to rectify his error, and the buyer didn't try all routes to get compensation for himself. He just assumed that there would be none, and moved on. He could have even bitched farfel out if it bothered him that much, in which farfel would have tried to fix things.

dave
    I'm still fail to see the part where that gives you the right to give a negative back .

If you're so insistent on following E-Bay policy , where is the policy saying you have the right to give a negative because one was given to you. Hmmmm I don't see that anywhere .....

2 wrongs DON'T make a right....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    I'm still fail to see the part where that gives you the right to give a negative back .

If you're so insistent on following E-Bay policy , where is the policy saying you have the right to give a negative because one was given to you. Hmmmm I don't see that anywhere .....

2 wrongs DON'T make a right....
    Hey, I never refuted that.

I'm just saying... not a one-sided issue.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd

Hey, I never refuted that.

I'm just saying... not a one-sided issue.

dave
    Meh......Who cares anyway. It's just some lousy feedback on a stupid auction site.

It's not a matter of life or death. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If a person were to go thru McDonald's drive-thru and order a burger, pay, start driving off, take a bite, discover that his "Big Mac minus pickles" has pickles on it, get out of the car and take a shit in the parking lot while screaming at the top of his lungs, I doubt he'd be referred to as a "good customer".

Likewise, if a guy is going to buy stuff from you on eBay and then leave bad feedback instead of trying to resolve the problem like an adult, I'd slam em and move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farfel
    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    How should I have shipped? I often get games from amazon/eb/bestbuy in just padded envelopes!

"Too quick to leave negative feedback when a problem occurs...avoid this ebayer" is what I added to previous positive.
    If you're in the USA there's really no excuse not to use FREE Priority Mail shipping boxes. Yeah in order to use them your supposed to ship via Priority Mail but c'mon, it's only $4.00 to ship a single game. And of the $4.00 shipping is in fact to expensive for you then just turn the box inside out and ship it media mail. I've done this tons of times already, usually (but not always) with recycled boxes.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I've been using the USPS padded enevelopes for years, for both media and priorty mail. Never a problem.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    I've been using the USPS padded enevelopes for years, for both media and priorty mail. Never a problem.
    Yea and we've had this discussion before a MILLION times.

Everybody ship how they want to ship and live with the consequences.