Thread: My 1st retaliatory feedback as a seller, and I'm pissed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My 1st retaliatory feedback as a seller, and I'm pissed

Last October I sold a NCAA strategy guide to this guy (ariedalem). He tried to pay by credit card/paypal which I explicitly stated in the auction I cannot accept. He acknowledges that, apologizes, and agrees to send a money order for the amount due. Days, weeks and then a month goes by, and still nothing. I fire off several emails during this time asking whats going on, and never got a response. I fiugred, whatever, just another NPB. I file the reports and neg him.

Fast forward today, and I get neg from him saying that I am a liar, "stealer", and I have bad communication. This is part of what I don't understand...I got the feedback today, WAY after 90 days has passed. How was this even possible?!

OK WTF?! I never lied, I never stole (because I never got any money from him), and again I sent several emails to him! It REALLY pisses me off when some one blatantly lies about me like this and tries to ruin my good reputation.

He followed up on his comments, and said I refused his Paypal payment....no DUMBASS, I refused your credit card payment! And also that I was uncooperative. Uh hello? I bent over backwards to take a completely new form of payment that would have been a pain in the ass to cash (this was before I knew about PMOs), and also gave you WAY more than the initial 7 days to come up with payment.

I responded with follow up comments, and then sent him an email calling him an illiterate dumbass (though not so bluntly). It might not have been the best thing to do, but it sure felt good.

eBay needs to get off their asses and fix this feedback system. This guy is a confirmed NPB for that auction! He shouldn't be able to leave negative feedback, and I shouldn't have to pay $20 to get it removed! Also, 80 characters isn't NEARLY enough space to tell the whole story

I'm hoping I pissed him off enough so he leaves vulgarities in a follow up comment on my feedback so I can get it removed

People like this need to be drug out to the woods and be beaten with a stick until they develop the slightest bit of common sense.

Sorry...just needed to vent...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah, it sucks man, I've gotten em before. The best bet for you is to leave a calm follow up in your feedback stating something like "Buyer never even paid, retaliation for negative feedback left for him". Believe it or not a potential buyer does notice this and it usually makes him disregard the negative. Be calm about it also, dont want to sound like a 5th grader in your own feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I stayed calm about it...thats what I should have put though.

Too bad I didn't think of it earlier.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually sisko, if you need more than 80 characters to explain the situation, you can make a free website explaining what happened, and post the link on the feedback you left for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    Actually sisko, if you need more than 80 characters to explain the situation, you can make a free website explaining what happened, and post the link on the feedback you left for him.
    That's against eBay's rules, and if they complain the feedback will be removed.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

i threatened with one today. Woman wins my auction on Tuesday, says she will pay me Friday. pfft WTF, can't afford $28?

Today(Friday) she sees i receive the payment, asks me when i'm going to ship it. I told her on Monday or tuesday(on purpose). Now she's pissed asks why i can't do it Friday or even Saturday...She cannot wait that long, i may get a negitive for being slow.

I mean WTF is with people. Mental!