Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintari - anyone trying it?

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Nintari - anyone trying it?

It's pretty neat, and I like what they've done so far. There's some serious holes in their game lists but that's to be expected when they're trying to do so much at once. There's a link on the front page (how I found it) or if you're lazy:

www.nintari.net

Unfortunatly they only work with IE 5.0 and above, but they're working on other browsers as well.

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ehhh, I already belong to GameTZ and I'm happy with them (have over 50 trades there). Maybe if Nintari was totally free (instead of just the first couple of months), I'd consider it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I’m one of the people who are helping to build Nintari.net. I’m glad to hear that you like the site AdamG. We are working hard to roll things out as quickly as possible, and there is a lot more to come.

I just thought I’d make a couple comments to help answer any questions you might have:

I agree that our database has holes at this point. We have about 10,000 games but there are many older games that are not in the list. One way we have tried to deal with this is to make it possible to add games to the database. However, to do so you have to add the game through the My Collection section. Perhaps it’s not that obvious, and some changes are in order.

We are working hard to make the site cross compatible and to refine the user interface. We want it to be as simple and easy to use as possible.

If you have suggestions, questions, or comments please send them to feedback@nintari.net.

Cheers,
    Max_Glink
    Nintari.net - www.nintari.net - Get some play then trade away.

Build and track your Video Game and DVD collection (Buy, Sell and Trade).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At this point we have no intention of ever charging for listing nor do we intend to charge to have your collection listed on the site. When the time comes that we do start charging, we intend to charge a service charge only on the sale of an item. The idea being that it would always be free to have your collection online and it would make it nice and easy to show off what you have.

For example, this is my profile on Nintari.net:

http://www.nintari.net/profile.php?u...&fcn=2#details

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Am I the only one who though, oh! Willy Beamish! ?

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    Am I the only one who though, oh! Willy Beamish! ?
    Dammit! Beat me to it!

/owns a frog named "Horny."
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Currently only IE5+ only.

*GAG* Let me know when good browsers can use the site.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will do. = ) We are working on it.

In fact, there is a lot of things we're working on. I think some sort of collection search might be useful..

Any suggestions on features?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I second the browsers, I prefer Opera/mozilla but I'm sure you're already working on at least mozilla

other features... well if possible, cross referencing the search to include 'barganing price' option, like "Search for Super Metroid and people pricing it at $20 or less/more" type of thing.

Also, if someone wants to make a trade attempt at any of my games, do they see the custom title? I would think using that as an extra descriptor would be nice. For instance:

Playstation games are good to know if they're longbox or jewelcase versions.

Neo Geo games (my main collection) has two forms, AES and MVS. Rather than make dual entries for every title, just let the user add "MVS version" as the custom title so that if people want to look at my US Metal Slug, they'll know it's MVS so as to not offer me a grand for it

EDIT: also, later on having import categories would be nice. I've recently obtained a decent-sized Japanese Saturn collection but I can't really list those on the site either.

-AG
    -AB+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know what it is. And when I go to the site, I get a "Javascript Disabled" page which it is NOT. I know it's because I'm in Safari, but that's a stupid thing to assume. Do not Assume.

Assuming... you know what it does. If not, watch a rerun of "The Odd Couple".

Hmm.. After trying it on Mac IE5, I can see it working. But only the first page. So saying it works in IE5 is technically a lie.

But when I make Safari tell your server I am IE 6, the site is messed up. And it's because of the lack of standards. x_x

What's with people not using standardized coding? You don't even close the HTML or BODY tags. THat is a no-no. The W3C would have a field day with that site.

There's nothing more idiotic (For lack of a better word.) than a web site that bars people using other browsers.

Okay.. I'm done. Good luck making it work on everyone's computer. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who don't use IE. A LOT. (Judging from the statistics on my web site. Half the visitors use Safari, Netscape, Mozilla, Omniweb, Firebird, iCab...)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AdamG,

The way we have the search setup right now you can refine your search on an individual item but we do not yet have advanced search features implemented for item searches. In other words, if you clicked on a specific game you could refine your search for users that have or want that game.

Also, if someone wants to make a trade attempt at any of my games, do they see the custom title? I would think using that as an extra descriptor would be nice.
    Yes, we added the option for the custom title specifically for problems like this. For example, if someone were searching for the game "Art of Fighting" for NeoGeo they would find it in the database and click on the game. Then they would see that you have it listed with the custom title: "MVS Version"

http://www.nintari.net/uil.php?lst=0...0of%20fighting

I think having a custom title is useful because it provides a chance to differenciate from others. Does this answer your question?

EDIT: also, later on having import categories would be nice. I've recently obtained a decent-sized Japanese Saturn collection but I can't really list those on the site either.
    For the categories that would need to be added...i suggest sending an email to feedback@nintari.net and we should be able to make the necessary adjustments asap.

-Max_Glink

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    What's with people not using standardized coding? You don't even close the HTML or BODY tags. THat is a no-no. The W3C would have a field day with that site.
    One of the big reasons we decided to launch in BETA is because the site is not yet cross browser compatible and this is obviously a huge issue (it seems to be even more of an issue then we actually anticipated). We are planning to adhere to W3C standards.

The other reason we launched in beta was because we felt it would make it easier to refine the solution into something everyone would want to use. I don't like sites that assume their users should just be happy with what they give you. I want to make a site that is community driven and that continues to grow with its users.

I very much appreciate your input.

-Max_Glink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wasn't sure if people were going to be able to see those custom titles, and the advanced search works just as well as what I proposed.

I want to say that I'm quite impressed and really hope this works out, this is much better than IGN Collections or GameTZ.

I'll email about import sections on your site, and if you ever need any help with anything *coughwhoringmyselfoutcough* make sure to put up a 'help wanted' topic in OT here, I'm sure people won't mind

-AG
    -AB+

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG
    I want to say that I'm quite impressed and really hope this works out, this is much better than IGN Collections or GameTZ.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. = )

Good idea about posting in the Help Wanted section. We could definitely use all the input we can get. I definitely will.

As for helping us out, your help and insight would be much appreciated. I'll send you an email.

Cheers,
    Max_Glink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Glink
    At this point we have no intention of ever charging for listing nor do we intend to charge to have your collection listed on the site.
    Right, but are you going to let Nintari members contact other Nintari members at no charge? GameTZ also lets you list and update your collection as much as you want for free, but only paid subscribers can actually contact the other members on the site to make trade/sale offers. The non-subscribers at GameTZ don't have access to other members email addresses.

Is Nintari going to be like that?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At this point users can message each other freely. We will likely have forums up at some point too, so nothing will prevent users from messaging each other via email or through the site.

The intent will be only to charge when a sale takes place (we may possibly give a subsciption option as well). We haven't really finalized on this system however. I would certainly appreciate the input.

EDIT:I just thought I'd add that unlike gameTZ you will even be able to send offers for free. In fact, we have a whole trade engine built in to the site. We will also have a full matching system integrated in the vary near future.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Update

Ok, Nintari.net is now w3c compliant. I posted a "Help Wanted" thread in the Off-topic forum as was previously suggested. Please post any problems or issues there.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Update

Looks pretty nice. Now how does one go about getting a game added? As I care about imports more than domestic games, I'd want to be able to get those into the system rather quickly.

Another note...found it rather odd that there's two listings for Gargoyle's Quest II, one on the GameBoy and another for the NES. I believe that the GB version of GQII was Japanese only (under the title Makaimura Gaiden) and the US GB game was the prequel to GQII, or Gargoyle's Quest.

Will there be a forum/tribunal to get names changed/fixed?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well there's two ways:

1) the best way is to go to you the "My Collection" page and use the "Add item" box.

- you'll actually see underneath that box that it says that "if no other similar item is found you can create new one" This link allows you to skip right to adding the item

2) the other way is to email us and request that we add the items

As for forums:

We do plan to have forums up at some point. Probably not in the next month though. Mostly because we are working on a couple other features such as a more advanced matching system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I see that. What about fixing item names (in the case that they're wrong in the system)? And regions? I have a Revenge of Shinobi, but it's the Euro Mega Drive cartridge, not the Genesis version. I see a "custom title" (description) field; would I use this for such matters?