• N64

7 20.59%

Thread: vote: worst game system 32-64 bit generation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default vote: worst game system 32-64 bit generation

I gotta go with the Jag with the N64 coming in a close second.
    out of these 32 to 64 bit systems or in the jags case a dual 16-bit set up lol wich in your opinion is the worst considering capabilities audio controllers etc?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I dont know WHY people down the N64 so much. The system was better than the Playstation and Saturn and to be completely honest even putting it in this poll is shitty. You obviously forgot other "bad" systems like CD-I, Sega 32-X, or even Virtual Boy. But if your going to make a poll like this, add all the 32-64 bit consoles like Saturn and Playstation also. Otherwise this poll makes you look like a Nintendo hater, AKA, Sega Fanboy.

Anyways. I voted for Jaguar. The system sucks because the games werent any good. I'd probably have voted for the Playstation or CD-I if the poll was made correctly and unbiased.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

No vote option for the Saturn? No option for the PSOne? No option for the 32X (well maybe its not a system per se). I think that were missing a few choices...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    No vote option for the Saturn? No option for the PSOne? No option for the 32X (well maybe its not a system per se). I think that were missing a few choices...
    Told ya!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, were's the vote for the saturn, and psone? I would have picked the ps1 first them saturn.
    But, anyways, my vote went for the atari-jag.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoMan
    Yeah, were's the vote for the saturn, and psone? I would have picked the ps1 first them saturn.
    But, anyways, my vote went for the atari-jag.
    Yes, PSone would have been my choice as well. Small library, no innovative titles, no must-have games... it's a no brainer.

<SIGH> Yet another Nintendo fanboy with nothing relevent to add.

This is a yucko poll. I'd vote 32x. It could have been a good system, but the library just isn't there. The games make the system, after all. Next I'd say Jaguar, then 3DO. Saturn had too many awesome imports and some fantastic domestics as well, and the CD-i wasn't 32-bit... just a 16-bitter with a CD drive. The 3DO library isn't really that bad... it's just not as good as the others. Anyone who picks the N64, Saturn, and especially PSone over the other choices I've mentioned is a moron IMHO.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, I have to admit, without the Jaguar on there I'd vote for the N64 over the Saturn and PSOne, for a few reasons:

1) lack of brilliant 3rd party support (I can count the number of 3rd party games on the n64 I enjoyed on one hand... two fingers in fact)

2) that god. awful. controller! Not only was it badly designed (although nowhere near the worst-designed controller), but the analog stick would break if you sneezed on it. Ugh.

3) Severe lack of RPGs and fighters. I can't play a system without RPGs and Fighters.

just for kicks, my worst three would be:

1) CD-I
    2) Jaguar
    3) N64

although if you limit the systems to only their US games, the Saturn would have a good shot at that 3rd spot.

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    I dont know WHY people down the N64 so much. The system was better than the Playstation and Saturn and to be completely honest even putting it in this poll is shitty. You obviously forgot other "bad" systems like CD-I, Sega 32-X, or even Virtual Boy. But if your going to make a poll like this, add all the 32-64 bit consoles like Saturn and Playstation also. Otherwise this poll makes you look like a Nintendo hater, AKA, Sega Fanboy.

Anyways. I voted for Jaguar. The system sucks because the games werent any good. I'd probably have voted for the Playstation or CD-I if the poll was made correctly and unbiased.

Exactly...though I wouldn't have voted for the PlayStation

N64 is a good system, just didn't have very many games... I like the PlayStation best of the bunch, but that's because of the game library for it.

I want to play my Mega Man, Contra, Castlevania, Dragon Warrior, etc...the list goes on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Atari Jaguar, hands down. That controller had too much stuff on it, and a lot of the games were bad.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You need to include the Saturn on that list. I know the Saturn is a fun system to collect for but at the time it wasn't a good system. I bought one for $400 when they first came out. I bought all the good games that came out for it those first two years and I was pretty disappointed and I sold it for a N64. I just wasn't a fun system at the time. It had descent games but all the fun ground breaking games were on the N64 and some were on the Playstation. If Sony didn't have Square I believe the system wouldn't have been such a huge system.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The poor ol' N64 sure takes a lot of bashing. Unfairly, I might add. I just had some fun this evening playing F-Zero and Space Station Silicon Valley. It's such a fun system.
    If we're gonna talk 32 bit.....let's trash the Gameboy Advance....especially the SP. I actually bought two of these before I realized that I'll never play them.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The PS1 was as good as the N64. For every Mario/Banjo there was a Spyro orCrash or Oddworld. For every Zelda there was a Final Fantasy.

Vice-versa, PS1 had DDR where N64 did not. PS1 had flight sims like Ace Combat and N64 did not.

Final tally:
    1 PS1
    2 N64
    3 Gameboy Advance
    4 Saturn
    5 Jaguar
    6 other junk...
    Wakka Wakka Wakka - CHOMP -
    NINTENDO: NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER
    "Have You Played Atari Today?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bah, why do people bother making such polls. It just adds to the stupidity that is the gaming world.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

True . It is all just opinion.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

I just found out that DDR was indeed released for the N64 in Japan. I wonder how it is... I mean, it's a music-based game on a cart system. Weord. It came with the dance pad, so I assume it's a real DDR.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farfel
    The PS1 was as good as the N64. For every Mario/Banjo there was a Spyro orCrash or Oddworld. For every Zelda there was a Final Fantasy.
    More like: For every Mario/Banjo there were 5 Spyro's or Crash's or oddworlds. For every zelda there were 5 final fantasies.

I really don't understand the people that dislike the playstation one. Especially not the ones that combine a hatred for the playstation one with a love for the n64.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hey A7800....your not a cherry anymore!

Anyway, I expected to be bashed for being the first to hate on the biasedness of this thred. Glad that didnt happen.

Anyways, the reason I'd have picked the PS1 is not because of the games or anything, but the durability and life span of it. I think the current GOOD working PS1 rate is now 1 in 5. It's a piece of junk!

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

I would have picked the PSX if it was on the list. I hate that thing. Failing that, I went for the 3DO.

--Zero

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrrhalomynn
    Quote Originally Posted by farfel
    More like: For every Mario/Banjo there were 5 Spyro's or Crash's or oddworlds. For every zelda there were 5 final fantasies.

I really don't understand the people that dislike the playstation one. Especially not the ones that combine a hatred for the playstation one with a love for the n64.
    I don't hate the PS1 at all. I just don't understand why so many people hate the N64. HOw could the N64 be on the list if some of the best games of all time were on the system. If Mario 64 never came out I don't think anyone would have figured out how to make a platform game. If you don't believe me play Bug for the Saturn. I remember magazines were saying at the time that Bug was just like playing Mario in 3D. I think the PS1 had more to offer then the N64 but no way was the Saturn a better system then the N64. If your going to make a list of worst 32 bit systems then you had better put the PS1 and Saturn on it if the N64 is on it. My vote goes for the Jaguar. I collect for it because the games were so bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it were on that list I'd have to say Jaguar. I loved the N64, and the 3DO has a larger library than the Jaguar.... that I know of, anyways?
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?