Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your Greatest Gaming VICTORY

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Chrono Trigger

I would say the greatest moment would be the day that i finally beat the game Chrono trigger and got the ending were you and the girl fly off on the baloons. One of the best damn games ever made, HANDS DOWN.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    It annoys me to admit this, but after finishing almost every American released NES game, my greatest video game victory was......playing through Sonic the Hedgehog without dying once. No warps, nothing. In front of a bunch of college guys, no less. I tried it again several times after this and never even came close.
    Beating which sonic the hedgehog without dying? The 1st one and 2nd one for genesis is easy without dying. Which one do you mean?
    The 1st one. Try doing it highly intoxicated. Not as easy as you might think.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two things:

1. Finally beating Contra without dying (it was coop with a pal of mine, which actually makes the game easier in some cases and harder in some others).

2. Obtaining every single platinum medal on Blast Corps, which you are not even allowed to try until you have obtained all the gold medals. Only those who have tried it can understand the sheer pain and agony of falling one tenth of a second short of a platinum medal after a near perfect two-minute run... twenty times in a row. Getting the gold medals is hard enough, but the platinums are something else entirely. They are cruel, sick jokes. But not so much as the "reward" you get after all this work... For the record, I have broken my two N64 controllers in unmatched fits of rage thanks to this game (and my bad temper). I still finished the game with a controller a friend of mine (the same one who finished Contra with me years later) reluctantly lent me.

For those who know this game, look at the times needed to accomplish this incredible feat of video game mastery (European times are quite significantly easier than these). This is taken from Jeff Fisher's FAQ at Gamefaqs, omitting the Bronze and Silver times.

---------------------Section III---------------------------------------
    Times: NTSC (North American)

CARRIER/SHUTTLE Gold Platinum
    Simian Acres 0:25 0:14
    Blackridge Works 0:40 0:23
    Carrick Point 1:10 0:36
    Havoc District 1:10 0:28
    Argent Towers 0:50 0:28
    Cromlech Court 0:36 0:22
    Echo Marches 2:55 0:45
    Beeton Tracks 1:35 1:15
    Tempest City 0:52 0:27
    Shuttle Gully 1:25 0:44
    Outland Farm 1:45 1:00
    Ebony Coast 1:45 1:12
    Ironstone Mine 1:30 0:54
    Oyster Harbor 6:00 2:55
    Angel City 2:50 1:35
    Ember Hamlet 1:30 0:40
    Glory Crossing 1:10 0:40
    Crystal Rift 2:05 0:57
    Obsidian Mile 1:45 0:55
    Diamond Sands 3:40 2:35
    Shuttle Clear 1:10 0:54

BONUS LEVELS Gold Platinum
    Sideswipe 0:40 0:12
    J-Bomb 1:20 0:30
    Backlash 0:22 0:11
    Thunderfist 0:30 0:15
    Jade Plateau 1:50 1:13
    Salvage Wharf 0:50 0:37
    Sleek Streets 0:50 0:40
    Kipling Plant 0:20 0:12
    Cooter Creek 0:35 0:25
    Skerries 2:00 1:35
    Skyfall 0:10 0:04
    Twilight Foundry 0:35 0:29
    Orion Plaza 1:00 0:30
    Marine Quarter 0:40 0:36
    Mica Park 0:50 0:30
    Moraine Chase 1:10 1:01
    Silver Junction 1:00 0:30
    Glander's Ranch 1:45 1:33
    Cobalt Quarry 0:40 0:36
    Corvine Bluff 0:55 0:46
    Bison Ridge 1:20 1:07
    Geode Square 0:40 0:20
    Lizard Island 2:30 1:30
    Saline Watch 1:40 0:45
    Dagger Pass 2:00 0:50
    Magma Peak 2:00 1:00
    Baboon Catacomb 1:10 0:45
    Morgan Hall 1:10 0:35
    Gibbon's Gate 2:00 1:15
    Falchion Field 0:30 0:21
    Dark Heartland 1:30 0:44
    Moon 4:00 2:20
    Mercury 1:20 1:10
    Venus 3:20 2:15
    Mars 5:00 1:50
    Neptune 1:40 1:28

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

December 5, 2003 (I believe)

I had played Castlevania on the NES on and off for a year now. I could consistantly get farther each time. In fact, I made it to Dracula's level without continuing. I eventually made it to Dracula. I beat him, after an insane amount of hard trying. That was my greatest feat. This was harder than the programmer's ending in Chrono Trigger, and the only more satisfying game beating I've done was Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. As for the GBA Castlevania remake... beat it an hour after buying it. Crappy port, too. Dragon heads shot only two fireballs, and I believe the Frankenstein fight was switched. THEN THEY RUINED THE CREDITS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I had beaten Super Mario Bros. while doing a speed-run. This one was awsome because I had it on film. 5:20 baby.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had some true rushes

3 setting the high scores on the Capcom version of tetris and having my friend stare at me dumbfounded for my score.

2 Finishing Battletoads Battlemaniacs (SNES)

1 My biggest rush to this day and one of my favorite games of all time is when I finished Spelunker for NES, I literally screamed YEAHHHHH!! at the top of my lungs after that accomplishment.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I've had many intense gaming moments throughout the years, but I remember very clearly my FIRST gaming victory.

When I was around 7-8, I used to just love going to the arcades (who didn't?). I remember I used to sneek out at night from my bedroom window and walk 2-3 kilometers to my nearest TunZaFun (in Australia), just to play a few games of Rygar. I always used to lose on the very first level, and it had become my life-goal to get passed it with one credit. When I finally did it, I remember it was an awesome feeling, and I was so excited I didn't even notice that I ran blindly into the first enemy of level 2, bringing up again the Game Over screen I knew so well! But this time I was satisfied, and even when my screaming mom (who didn't know where I'd been) came and picked me up around 10pm, I just couldn't wipe that big, wide smile off my face

I had a similar experience with the same game when I was playing it a few years later. I had become pretty good at it, and could easily complete the game with a single credit. When I was playing once on Level 13, I noticed a strange sound when I was hitting a specific part of the stage. So I continued doing it, and for the first time I saw a scret bonus drop out of the sky that awarded me with 1,000,000 extra points! Needless to say, history repeated itself, and within moments I was blinded by excitement and again ran into the first enemy I encountered :P

Ahh, good times

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was about four, sitting in my basement, playing my brand new SNES. The game-Batman Returns. I had been playing since morning. I was so into it that I forgot to eat lunch. There I was, pitted against that damn Catwoman. I had gotten there before, but i always was slaughtered. Then, something happened. I started to turn the tides of battle, as i launched my batarang again and agian with such precision. I went in for the kill. I gripped her throat in my huge hands, and pulles one of Batman's combos. Then, I won. I was so excited about finally defeating her, after all these times. That was my greatest gaming victory.
    "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth."
    -Peter-Dawn of the Dead

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My three greatest video game victories would have to be, in order:

1. Beating Super Mario Bros 3 in about 30 minutes for the first time, using the whistles.

2. Completely beating Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 with every character 100 percent, and getting every secret.

3. Getting my first 4 million point trick in THUG or beating Beyond Good and Evil. That game is the only game I have ever swore at. It really pissed me off. Just ask Humanoid.
    An emotion as such tells you nothing about reality, beyond the fact that something makes you feel something.

-- Ayn Rand, "Philosophical Detection," Philosophy: Who Needs It

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

In SMT: Nocturne, I was down to 70 something hitpoints and (my brother was watching me since the game is awesome, and he hates games) I was going to use a move that was strong and drained health. I said "if I miss this shot, I'm finished!" I hated the fight too, I think it was the skeleton on a motorcycle or some other hard boss.

Anyway, the move killed him. It was thrilling.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guarantee that in any game where it requires you to press any button as fast as you can, i will always win. A good example is mario party.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Setting a bunch of excellent records in Super Punch-Out!! I DARE anyone to try and beat my record of 8.15 seconds on Dragon Chan or 14.32 seconds on Hoy Quarlow!

Winning a Super Smash Bros. tournament.

Beating Ninja Gaiden on the NES...no, I didn't cheat with a Game Genie.

Playing through Super Metroid and getting 100% in under 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Unlocking all the cheats in Goldeneye.

Beating the Ruby and Emerald Weapons in Final Fantasy 7.

And two of my most memorable video game victories: beating Super Mario Bros. at the ripe age of 5...my first video game victory. And beating Metroid at the age of 7.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I first got my sms I was like 3 or 4 years old so I really sucked at video games in general. I went quite some time without beating anything. I remember a lot of games where I couldn't even get past the first level. So the day when I beat Psycho Fox for the first time was a very happy day for me. I had something to be proud of. Now when I go back and play it I still have a hard time with the later levels. I really don't know how I beat it at such a young age. Anyway, that was one of the finer moments of my childhood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never beat Super Mario Brothers (NES) because at level 8-2, there was a tricky jump and I always died.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Playing Marvel vs Capcom 2 in the arcade against some dude while both our girlfriends are watching. It was really close and competitive, the final blow was me doing Chun Li's hyper combo finishing off his Juggernaut. Good times, too bad they closed that arcade it was so scummy but they had a crapload of fighters and old school arcades plus some cool machines.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Beating Metroid back in the day, was quite a personal accomplishment. I was also proud of getting every single unlockable in Goldeneye N64, as well as Crusin World, which required literally perfect performances on certain maps.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AequitasSaint

hmmm, I know there are more but there are 3 that are really sticking out to me right now.

The first would be when I think I was around 4 years old I beat Duck Tales on NES. That was the first game that I ever beat.

Other than that they both involve Halo 2. My friends and I wasted probably close to two years spending every free moment playing it. At one point our clan was ranked 12th in the world and that was pretty awesome.

There was another time that I was drunk as hell, as in seeing triple drunk, and playing Halo 2 and got a Overkill (25 kills in a row) that inlcuded 2 killtrocities. I still don't have a damn clue how I pulled that off.

The Universal Toilet Cleaner Tor_Hershman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am the champion of almost every pinball game @ Retro Mundi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sure felt some nice when I finally beat Sagat from the first Street Fighter arcade game. It took like $3 worth of quarters but the satisfaction that came from finally winning was awesome.