Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Greatest Gaming VICTORY

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beating golden eye on all the hardest levels and opening up all the secret levels, and secrets.

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

When I first bought Intelligent Qube and I'd heard that it was so difficult (the friend who I bought it from never got past the 5th level of 9), and inside of about two months I'd beaten the game with over 900,000 points. Now I have to go back to it and break the 1 million mark (and get it on film so I can send it in to TG)...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XpOsUrE
    Beating golden eye on all the hardest levels and opening up all the secret levels, and secrets.
    I was going to say this at first, but then I remembered.....

It was the summer of Goldeneye. I was good. Damn good. Me and three other friends casually sat down to play a four player, license to kill, pistols deathmatch (the usual). I dont know what happened to me that day, but I was on. I killed all three of them 10 times each without dying once. It was the kind of game where you want to pack up your system and never play it again so that the glory of that win will never be sullied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Like some others, one of my fondest memories was in Goldeneye. A friend and myself were at a guy's birthday party and we played him and another dude at Goldene Eye for what must have been 5 hours straight. I remember there was one level (it's been so long) that had a sort of underground maze, and one of the dumbasses couldn't find his way out at all, so I'd stay up at the top of the level sniping with the golden gun long enough for my friend to go find the guy in the maze and kill him just to embarass him (or vice versa). We stayed on top of the balcony of that level just owning with the golden gun. I think we only got successfully invaded twice (and then, not for very long). Playing against casual gamers is a blast, I recommend it to anyone .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the best gaming victory was when the resident evil remake first came out...not even a week later i had already completed it from experience of past games...and then i decided to beat it only walking backwards and using knife as a weapon!!!!(i copied sum1 elses goal :P ) it took me numerous failures and finnaly, almost a month later, my cousins were glued to the television screen as they watched by knifing the tyrant to death untill the rocket launcher was dropped from above. and then..in a matter of seconds..i completed the game. and my goal...
    PS: I HAD TO USE THE ROCKET LAUNCHER....SO THAT IS THE ONLY FIREARM I USED

Insert Coin (Level 0) careerbellman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I found the Golden Ark in Rainers of the Lost Ark on the 2600. Im not that bright and I finished the game with no help. Also equal to that I finished the last level of Demon Attack, where the game just turns off at the final wave. The greatest moment of like 1982 or so. Pretty sad actually, but true.
    Nothing can clench you thirst except rum and gold.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought Startropics for NES when it was new back in 1990 or 91. I LOOOVED that game.:-) Anyway i blasted everything except for that damn last boss...dinosaur...thing with ease. I tried to beat it for about 2 years, then i through it in the closet for about 10.
    After about 13 years...i beat him last month. That feeling right there my friends is whole reason i collect now. 8)
    There are only 10 types of people in the world...those who know how to read binary, and those who don't.

-(Gigolo)-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Beating the PC port of Comix Zone that came bundled with my family's first Windows PC, back in '96...wow, just going forwards into different levels was such a problem. Even today I have to set the difficulty down (not THAT good at games :) but I find it funny how some things are much easier than they used to be --say the jump at the end of the city. But playing through that game, and looking at all the cool artwork, just waiting to see what would come next kicked so much ass. It was great fun, and it was the first "video game" that I ever had enough access to that I could try it out any time.

Ecco the Dolphin, on the other hand...tried mightily with that one back in the day and I was similarly impressed by the high res graphics mode; you felt like you were actually swimming through caves (back then anyways). Never beat the fourth (fifth?) level until recently when I decided to try my hand at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the Genesis Comix Zone and it's really difficult for me even on easy. But it really is a cool unique game. A twist on the usual side scrolling fighting game.

As for Startropics, I borrowed this back in 1990 or so from my cousin and got so addicted to it that I had to get my own. But it was too hard for me on my own. I couldn't pass the first level (The snake at the end of the cave) so I had to resort to the Game Genie.

Now I can beat the entire game with the Genie in one sitting from start to finish. I always thought it was funny you could transform into a girl and wished there was a way to somehow sneak past the old woman and continue the game as a girl (Would have been a killer secret code. If only I worked for Nintendo.) or maybe the opposite and somehow sneak INTO the castle as a boy. And see the reactions.

One of my favorite gaming achievements is when I beat Mario 64 by myself. That was a good feeling. Then when I finally found the final 120th star and was able to go to the top of the Castle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I have the Genesis Comix Zone and it's really difficult for me even on easy. But it really is a cool unique game. A twist on the usual side scrolling fighting game.
    The final room...wow, it's still amazing looking. One one side it's all finished and colored, but at the other you see pencil lines and things get sketchy...it looks cooler than it sounds, though :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds really neat. Hope I get there!!!

This reminds me of a game I just picked up a few days ago called "Mickey Mania" where the first level is Steamboat Willy and as you wander through it it starts becoming colorized. That's as far as I've played so far, but it's pretty neat.

It also reminds me of another game.. I think it was a Looney Tunes game that has characters being drawn in.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was a kid, I was an arcade maniac. I once did a promotion at the local arcade, when I was 11 or 12, where I played Asteroids for over 48 hours. Unfortunately, my mom (who had given permission) decided I was too young to spend my entire week of spring break playing, eating, and sleeping at the arcade and made me come home.

My cousin had his picture on the front page of the local paper because he played Pacman for something like 26 hours at a 7/11 and the power supply of the game gave out. There happened to be a photographer close and he took a picture of my cousin standing next to the machine with smoke rolling out of it. I was so jealous. The headline was, "The Boy Who Killed Pacman!"
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beating Blaster Master on the NES was one of my greatest victories. I remember it took me forever to get through it. When I finally thought I was ready, I played it while recording it on the VCR. I was afraid no one would believe me. Turned out no one even cared. heheh

Xbox Live Gamertag: kobaxter
    Our Game Collection

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo
    Beating Blaster Master on the NES was one of my greatest victories. I remember it took me forever to get through it. When I finally thought I was ready, I played it while recording it on the VCR. I was afraid no one would believe me. Turned out no one even cared. heheh
    Not true. I never beat that game. I don't suppose you still have the tape?
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My greatest gaming victory was beating the Genesis version of Earthworm Jim without cheats after having my wisdom teeth out and being doped up on pain killers.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    Not true. I never beat that game. I don't suppose you still have the tape?
    Heheh. I wish I still had it. I'm sure I recorded over it since I was sick of that game after that. I'm tempted to play it again, but I still remember the distress it caused me. Don't need anymore stress in my old age

Xbox Live Gamertag: kobaxter
    Our Game Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

proving my friend wrong when he said i couldn't beat all the boss stages in mega man 2 without using special weapons, the look on his face when i did it in front of him was great, and to rub it in, i did in on an emulator with the keyboard. little did he know though that i spent my childhood perfecting that game. another noteworthy moment was winning 14 straight victories against my friends in mortal kombat trilogy for the N64 using lu kang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

proving my friend wrong when he said i couldn't beat all the boss stages in mega man 2 without using special weapons, the look on his face when i did it in front of him was great, and to rub it in, i did in on an emulator with the keyboard. little did he know though that i spent my childhood perfecting that game. another noteworthy moment was winning 14 straight victories against my friends in mortal kombat trilogy for the N64 using lu kang.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Getting the master floors on Super Monkey Ball. Going through all the expert floors without a continue is pretty rough.

Also

When I got up to the final bosses on Ikaruga on a credit and scored over 17 million. (Was ranked quite high for a while with that score...)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It has to be when I beat Battletoads. That game is HARD