Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Greatest Gaming VICTORY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only ones that come to mind right now are both on the NES:

Beating Mike Tyson : That dirty eye-blinking one hit kill (for first half of round) bastard! Talk about having to focus, if you miss those dodges by a hair, you're done.

Beating Ikari Warriors we somehow stumbled on the "continue" code and used it again,and again, and again....
    feitctaj !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just thought of another

Beating Amakusa for the first time in Samurai Showdown 1 , that was a pain in the ass (unless you had Gen-An :P )
    feitctaj !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have to say beating Ninja gaiden 1 was a good victory. Ninja gaiden 2 was so easy I beat it withought continueing.
    I also perfected Mega Man 2. I didn't have to use any special weapons throught the whole game on HARD mode. It was the only game i had for months.

Does anyone remember a game on the NES called "Street fighter 2010" (2020?). It was such an awesome game to play. I played it so much that I passed it withought loosing one life....very very hard to do. I hope they make a remake of it one day.

But my greatest achievement was passing Final Fantasy 3 (snes). Not that it was hard but it was such a damn good rpg. Probably the only rpg Ive played over and over and over again. Still the best rpg every.
    never played "star ocean" though...
    "...I felt raised, I felt LIFTED".

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when it took me only 17 hours and 14 game overs to finnaly beat mario brothers 1 for the nintendo. That was a great day. Taht was 2 days ago, tomorrow I will start my adventure to beating mario 2. I hope it will only take 15 hours at most.

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Most memorable is probably the first time I beat the original Zelda. I remember watching my cousin in awe as he would whip through the game in no more than three or four hours. It took me considerably longer, but slamming that silver arrow in Ganon's eye after slogging through the godforsaken pit that is Death Mountain was, well, invigorating.

Completing all the license tests on Gran Turismo 2 was also a proud moment for me. No, I didn't get all golds, but I believe I only had one bronze and just three or four silvers. (Normally, I GameShark my way through the tests for convenience, but I had to beat them all once just to prove to myself that I really am that damn good at GT2.)

Finishing Super Mario 3 in one looooong sitting was pretty gratifying, too. No warps, either -- I had to do it the "pure" way. Same for the original Super Mario, which for years had me stuck on 8-3. Getting through Sonic 2 was pretty fun as well.
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

So many classic topics I haven't contributed to...

Beating Castlevania was a grand time for me. I took about four hours to beat it, and about half of those hours went towards killing Dracula. But now that I'm much wiser and skilled at games, I can beat it without much effort. I even beat it without losing a single life once. But if only I could feel that joy of watching Dracula burst into flames for the first time, and watching the phony credits afterwards... ah. Good times, good times.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Final Fantasy on the NES.

I spent an hour every day simply re-fighting WarMech and the Hall of Giants until I maxed out all my characters points legit (All Level 50). Went to go fight the end boss, and my *bare handed* Black Belt took the first and only punch in the fight. He did 2523 damage to a 2000 point boss.

I was *geeked* out.

Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beating Super Mario Bros. 2 for the first time.

Even today, it's still challenging.

Super Mario Bros. 3 was also as equally satisfying (when you don't cheat it).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Winning my 86th game of Blitzball to get the Jupiter Sigil and knowing I would never have to play that horrendous minigame or see the *yawn* Jecht shot ever again.
    I, Garland, shall knock you all down!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Your Greatest Gaming VICTORY

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Tell me about it.

You know... it was the moment when you realized that you couldn't be beaten at a particular game, the time when you defeated the toughest boss, the combination that finally got you past that impossible puzzle. Share that moment when instead of hurling your controller at the floor you raised it to the sky and pumped your fists in victory!

Ah, the drama. Share.
    When the arcade machine DRAGONS LAIR first hit the arcades..
    The second week of playing it i beat it in front of a crowd of people.

I had what you might call "Arcade Boner status" after that.
    Lead, Follow , or get the F*** out of my way !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of my greatest Triumphs was being able to beat the arcade version of Killer Instinct 2 Using Tusk, and not continuing once, even against Gargos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My biggest videogame feat hmmm....
    Back when i was 10 or 11, it took me 6 months to finish "Batman" for NES.. The joker at the top of the cathedral was very hard to beat.....and the day i finished it i invited all my friends over to my house so we could watch the ending together...how lame hehe

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    Most memorable is probably the first time I beat the original Zelda. I remember watching my cousin in awe as he would whip through the game in no more than three or four hours. It took me considerably longer, but slamming that silver arrow in Ganon's eye after slogging through the godforsaken pit that is Death Mountain was, well, invigorating.

Completing all the license tests on Gran Turismo 2 was also a proud moment for me. No, I didn't get all golds, but I believe I only had one bronze and just three or four silvers. (Normally, I GameShark my way through the tests for convenience, but I had to beat them all once just to prove to myself that I really am that damn good at GT2.)

Finishing Super Mario 3 in one looooong sitting was pretty gratifying, too. No warps, either -- I had to do it the "pure" way. Same for the original Super Mario, which for years had me stuck on 8-3. Getting through Sonic 2 was pretty fun as well.
    Since I was 7, I have thought super mario 3 was an easy game. I sometimes would be bored and just play the game straight through for a couple hours. Maybe it's just one of the games I'm good at. I had trouble with 8-3 on mario 1 when I was a kid. It's a really easy game now though, without warps. Sonic 2 is always fun.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Your Greatest Gaming VICTORY

[/quote]When the arcade machine DRAGONS LAIR first hit the arcades..
    The second week of playing it i beat it in front of a crowd of people.

I had what you might call "Arcade Boner status" after that.[/quote]

Great story. Having people watch you at an arcade was always a good feeling....cause you never get that playing by yourself at home.
    It reminds of this one guy that use to come to our local "Royal yogurt" (some ice cream shop) This guy would play "Rygar" and pass the whole game. All 25 leves. By the time he was at level 25 the owner of the shop had to start kicking people out cause it was way too crowded. He was also good at this game called "Black tiger". Anyone remember these 2 games?
    "...I felt raised, I felt LIFTED".

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    Final Fantasy on the NES.

I spent an hour every day simply re-fighting WarMech and the Hall of Giants until I maxed out all my characters points legit (All Level 50). Went to go fight the end boss, and my *bare handed* Black Belt took the first and only punch in the fight. He did 2523 damage to a 2000 point boss.

I was *geeked* out.

Jason
    Yeah, the black belt/master is EASILY the best class in the game as you progress. He needs no weapon and barely wears any armor yet his defense to everything and his damage are exponentially better than anyone else. If you can get him past level 20, at least.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It annoys me to admit this, but after finishing almost every American released NES game, my greatest video game victory was......playing through Sonic the Hedgehog without dying once. No warps, nothing. In front of a bunch of college guys, no less. I tried it again several times after this and never even came close.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i remember spending my whole summer vacation (2 years ago i believe) beating final fantasy 7 and 8.....i thought those were both pretty awesome games. i also remember spending the rest of that summer playing LoZ ocarina of time for the billionth time and beating it in under a day, then beating metal gear solid in under 2 hours. i was playing games the whole summer......i dont even remember eating half of the time...good times....good times. i also think that beating ghosts and goblins was pretty sweet too... i still play that game all the time, i dont know why though

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    It annoys me to admit this, but after finishing almost every American released NES game, my greatest video game victory was......playing through Sonic the Hedgehog without dying once. No warps, nothing. In front of a bunch of college guys, no less. I tried it again several times after this and never even came close.
    Beating which sonic the hedgehog without dying? The 1st one and 2nd one for genesis is easy without dying. Which one do you mean?

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

I hate that mine has to deal with FF7 but i'm going to type it up anyway(does anybody "say" what they type?)

Anways, it was the final battle between me (cid, cloud, barret) and old Sephy. I basically exhausted all my resources after a good hour playing every bit of sephy, 2 of my guys were at 1 hp and the other was around 100 hp. Barret had his level 4 limit break ready to use. Barret delivered the final shot with his limit at a point when i could have died any second during sephiroths turn. Lots of suspense in that one hehehe.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine was playiing Wizardry on an Apple ][...finally getting to the last room, kick the door and hit the ugliest, nastiest mess of monsters in the game. I ended up with one surviving character with around three hit points left. What a rush that was!

Snorter
    Visit http://www.GenesisCollective.com for the most extensive Genesis database on the net.